• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Notable Players List (Aug '15): Luigi & ZSS

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He still needs to beat someone on the list.

does this mean that mew2king is not a notable diddy player anymore? when was the last time he picked up diddy? because he keeps saying that he doesn't have a main right now
Mew2King is super awkwardsville.
His results since Diddy nerfs have been kinda average and he isn't dedicated to a main either. A few first degrees aren't under any characters anyway, but M2K still has the apex performance under his belt. I technically haven't "done" that yet here, it's more of a what-if clause.

Last edited:

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
Apologies if I'm stepping on any toes or I missed something, but I didn't see anything on this in the first 4 posts so I wanted to ask: wouldn't the first post be a bit more organized if it was listed alphabetically or in character roster order? I realize that the list is currently ordered in terms of most powerfully represented character, which is particularly useful to display character dominance or popularity among top players, but I figured that if a player was to enter this thread looking for a top player of his/her character, it would be much easier to find if the list was alphabetical/in character order.

Of course, if the purpose of this thread is to chart character use from top players only and not really for other players to know who to look out for, you could just ignore me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You make a fair point. At the start of this it was easier to sort by "popularity" when not too many characters were covered, let alone now where only about a fifth are not. However, you can ctrl f [most] character's names and in the past similar projects tend to have orders that reflect tier lists. Those upper areas are going to be the most contentious to argue/discuss (eventually)

There are many "resources" for finding out who to look out for, this is somewhat one of them. Character boards are always first stops for knowledge gathering. This is meant to reflect high level players, hence the relational pretext to it; optimally a player would see a name and would be able to look them up one way or another if they so please (youtube perhaps, the character boards, private messaging or other social media).

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah he's been using MSF and Charizard lately. Shulk on the side for certain Match ups or doubles.

I honestly feel like if Xyro just finished TGC 1 and the rankings updated I'd actually do SA/Houston.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nairo plays Dark Pit more than Pit just saying
I'm choosing not to differentiate them. Nairo uses both, as can essentially any other Pit player. Their existence is closer to "alternative custom set" then fully fleshed characters. If necessary the 5 person limit for a character could be extended for them but we're no where near that at the moment.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, I don't mind having the icon next to his name as Dark Pit over Pit if it really peeves you :p

---
So rankings got updated
New:
Master Raven / NA / Sheik
earla / Aus / Little Mac
Villyness / Aus / Villager
Phuzix / NA / Sheik
Reflex / NA / Wario
Gluttony / Euro / Wario + Falcon
Poltergust / NA / Yoshi
Player1 / NA / Diddy Kong

[oh lord the danger of opening up Australia/Oceania to this, I was hoping it wouldn't happen BUT NUUU]

Old: back in top 60 [I'll take out the asterisk next to his name in "Since"]
Falln
J.Miller

Fallen:
Pink Fresh
GimR
BoTastic!
Katakiri
itsWillYo
ksev
Zex

---

Up until now for characters which were contentious (Diddy/Sheik/Fox) I was taking them out of 1st Degree completely. However results/inclusions because of them exist, so you would have degree 2s which are justified by them. I could either continue this, ignoring degree 2s that exist because of them (they would need a more recent/valid result to qualify them again as 2nd maybe 3rd), give them leeway to remain as 1st degree for a certain length of time (let's say 3 months?) or downgrade them to degree 2.

If I'm focusing on just "Notable Characters" and keeping things clean, the way I've been doing things thus far is most helpful to me/easy. But as this pseudo referential 'web' of who's beaten who and whatever, then maintaining them in some capacity is fair.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Otacon

Smash Rookie
I hate to be that guy, but I feel like I deserve a spot on that list of notable players. I have placings in Final Round (Top 32) Winter Brawl (Top 32) as well as beating Gohan, Wes, Raptor, and John Numbers. My main is Peach and I'm notable in NY as being the only peach player there.

http://bigegaming.challonge.com/wb9_smash4_c23
http://challonge.com/FR18S49
Beating Wes was in a house of chaos tournament, it was an offline bracket.
John Numbers was from a Nebulous Smash

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So basically if the tournaments you go to don't get uploaded to smashboards or the ranking system they don't matter
No. I'll take proof of results whatever or however they are.
I know you have results but I never saw specific events/names/dates about you. I don't go too HAM about finding results myself, it'll send me insane.

Last edited:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
No. I'll take proof of results whatever or however they are.
I know you have results but I never saw specific events/names/dates about you. I don't go too HAM about finding results myself, it'll send me insane.
I understand that. I can send you a few brackets, but for the most part I don't think a lot of people will be doing that for themselves because it's kinda lame so it's hard to make this accurate lol

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I understand that. I can send you a few brackets, but for the most part I don't think a lot of people will be doing that for themselves because it's kinda lame so it's hard to make this accurate lol
Some people have done that though, matter of whether you consider it hurting your pride to provide proof yourself or not :p
BUT if every applicable player managed their own results/names taken (the big table on post #3 is for this) it'll keep things dynamic.

Obviously being completely accurate is impossible, but for Fox and Falcon for example I'm pretty happy that the 5 NA players listed are the among the best players of those characters in NA. And that's just happened naturally within the process. When it starts looking like there are 5+ great players to have to decide between, it'll get messier, but hopefully interesting/tame. Like "oh person X has beaten these notable players, having a better record than person Y; QED!"

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
To do list:

New:
earla / Aus / Little Mac
Phuzix / NA / Sheik
Reflex / NA / Wario
Poltergust / NA / Yoshi
Fatality / NA / Falcon (from 2)

Falln
J.Miller
tearbear

Fallen:
Pink Fresh
GimR
BoTastic!
Katakiri
itsWillYo
ksev
Zex
Acidtone
junebug
Dunnobro
Snow
Logic

----

Others:
Second:
Zigsta / Bowser >RichBrown
+TKBreezy / WiiFit >GimR
Scatt / Megaman > Mew2King http://smashboards.com/rankings/129186/user?id=8
Shel / Luigi > Mew2King
Wizzrobe / Sheik > Ally
JacobT / Pikachu + Duck Hunt > K9, SM, TLTC, Serudos, KiraFlax
VoID / Sheik > K9 http://smashboards.com/rankings/271099/user?id=8

Third:
Dexter / Ness / TKBreezy
Neo / Sheik+Lucina / TKBreezy http://smashboards.com/rankings/11207/user?id=8

@ Macchiato Macchiato do you know who Neo used to beat the two? Like which characters he won with? Willing to be skeptical of Lucina here.

I hate to be that guy, but I feel like I deserve a spot on that list of notable players. I have placings in Final Round (Top 32) Winter Brawl (Top 32) as well as beating Gohan, Wes, Raptor, and John Numbers. My main is Peach and I'm notable in NY as being the only peach player there.

http://bigegaming.challonge.com/wb9_smash4_c23
http://challonge.com/FR18S49
Beating Wes was in a house of chaos tournament, it was an offline bracket.
John Numbers was from a Nebulous Smash
Nebulous Smash was offline too right?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
To do list:

New:
earla / Aus / Little Mac
Phuzix / NA / Sheik
Reflex / NA / Wario
Poltergust / NA / Yoshi
Fatality / NA / Falcon (from 2)

Falln
J.Miller
tearbear

Fallen:
Pink Fresh
GimR
BoTastic!
Katakiri
itsWillYo
ksev
Zex
Acidtone
junebug
Dunnobro
Snow
Logic

----

Others:
Second:
Zigsta / Bowser >RichBrown
+TKBreezy / WiiFit ->GimR
Scatt / Megaman > Mew2King
Shel / Luigi / Mew2King
Wizzrobe / Sheik / Ally

Third:
Dexter / Ness / TKBreezy

@ Macchiato Macchiato do you know who Neo used to beat the two? Like which characters he won with? Willing to be skeptical of Lucina here.

Nebulous Smash was offline too right?
He used Sheik and Lucina in both matches.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He wasn't shown much on CEO. But the way he was playing doubles with Luigi/Yoshi and then Yoshi in singles for the like 2 or 3 times he was on felt like he was polishing his Luigi more than Yoshi. Felt like I was watching his brawl habits still since it felt so slow.
But don't take my word for it, depends if someone in his scene says if he beats high leveled players with Luigi or Yoshi. I personally think his Luigi > Yoshi at least.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well he is top 60
http://smashboards.com/rankings/poltergust.113274/user?id=8
I gave Logic/Pyronic Star benefit of the doubt to list Oli next to him while a lot of victories I saw involved Diddy.

Luigi is a full list at the moment as well.
If the results are accurate he got 3rd at a tournament yoshi only beating Mirian and Phuzix, both degree 1.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Apologies if this wasn't mentioned yet. Alphicans' spot in the 2nd tier is spot on, but it should be mentioned how he defeated Zex with Little Mac/Diddy Kong back at APEX in a big upset during pools.

If we wanna give him a notable win to record, that is. And I've taken a couple more sets off of Alphicans after what's been recorded too. I feel honoured (and surprised I was being recorded) to be on here though regardless! Also Exodia has taken a couple of sets off of me in tourney too.

I can post results after if needed be. I'm on mobile at work.

Top Bottom