• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Really Liking It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
I'm not really a huge fan of Smash 4. It's mechanics are rather... lackluster in reality. This is not me saying I dislike the game, or that it is a bad game, it simply is just me saying that I do not enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. While this game is lackluster, it still is by far in my opinions better than Brawl, while like Brawl, falling HEAVILY short to its older brother, Melee. I still believe though, in spite this, there will be some success to the game in some competitive fields however, I do believe I will die with me Melee and Project M in hands before choosing Smash 4. That's all.

RunningTiger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chase64Cubed
Nothing wrong with enjoying one Smash over the other. I have played all 5 current versions of Smash and I like them all. If I could change one thing it would be that the air game is still too floaty. I enjoy Smash 4 a lot though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, go play Melee and Project M then. Do whatever makes you happy!

I, for one, can't stand Melee's gameplay, so I am glad Smash 4's mechanics are considerably different from Melee's.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
My favorite of the "vanilla" games mechanics-wise is 64, so any cues from that game (which there seem to be a lot of) are welcome. I could definitely see Smash for Wii U becoming my new favorite.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Unless you post specifics about why you think it falls "heavily" behind I'm just gonna assume this is flamebait.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
This is not me saying I dislike the game, or that it is a bad game, it simply is just me saying that I do not enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.
The thread title kind of says it, but to each their own. I've never held any of the games to heart or preferred any of them, I've moved from one Smash to the other with time, both casually and competitively. Whether Smash 4 delivers or not, I'll be playing it and it's meta for years to come.

Renji64

Smash Lord
It is tough if you perfer melee or P:M but smash 4 is at least good enough to play as a secondary game. You gave it a far shot at least.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Well, from what I've played from the demo, I really like the mechanics. I still love Melee and Brawl though.

I don't like all the techniques Melee has within it, and some of the roster choices in Brawl were a bit puzzling, even though the newcomers were fantastic. I think 4 has the best mechanics to date and the best roster to date, with some of the best newcomers we've seen.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Unless you post specifics about why you think it falls "heavily" behind I'm just gonna assume this is flamebait.
If you read the context of my entire paragraph, you would know I am speaking on completely competitive terms. Melee, still to this day, next to PM, is the most solid competitive smash game as far as advance techniques, juggles and mind tactics go. It's self explanatory. It takes a lack-of-mind to auto assume something is flame bate because the only person thus far to flame on this entire thread yet is YOU and YOU alone. GG now gtfo with your flaming.

nghsk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1554-6849
If you read the context of my entire paragraph, you would know I am speaking on completely competitive terms. Melee, still to this day, next to PM, is the most solid competitive smash game as far as advance techniques, juggles and mind tactics go. It's self explanatory. It takes a lack-of-mind to auto assume something is flame bate because the only person thus far to flame on this entire thread yet is YOU and YOU alone. GG now gtfo with your flaming.
Yo calm down, it was a genuine concern, no need for the colorful language. If it's not flamebait then you shouldn't have to really worry about covering yourself. It is interesting, though, to make big calls about the metagame when a majority of the earth has yet to play the finished product, not to mention even touch the Wii U version. It's also just kinda hard to judge the future of a game's competitive play in it's first month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Well, go play Melee and Project M then. Do whatever makes you happy!

I, for one, can't stand Melee's gameplay, so I am glad Smash 4's mechanics are considerably different from Melee's.
Same. Everything about Melee is so hype except for gameplay.
Brawl and 64 beat it easily.
I love Smash 4's gameplay. I'm really feeling it!

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
This. lol

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
I have really enjoyed the demo so far. My only complaint is the fact that my hands are too big for the 3DS XL and I get a cramped feeling in them when playing Smash for too long, so I had to order a grip. I would give anything to be able to hook up a GameCube controller to the 3DS and play that way (kind of lame I know!).

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
What is the point of this thread?

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Someone is telling their opinions genuinely, people who wants to read reads and who doesn't want to read, they don't.
He made a thread saying "I don't like this game, pls don't hate." It's pretty obvious troll bait.
and are you seriously doing that whole "Don't like it don't read it!!" thing?

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
He made a thread saying "I don't like this game, pls don't hate." It's pretty obvious troll bait.
and are you seriously doing that whole "Don't like it don't read it!!" thing?
No it's not a troll bait, stop saying everything troll bait if they are negative. He says "i don't like this game pls don't hate" and apparently, people doesn't hate him. And he looks fine with that.

Yeah bronies are not the one who does "dont like it dont read it!! " thing, i guess..

Side note: I love ROB

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
No it's not a troll bait, stop saying everything troll bait if they are negative. He says "i don't like this game pls don't hate" and apparently, people doesn't hate him. And he looks fine with that.

Yeah bronies are not the one who does "dont like it dont read it!! " thing, i guess..

Side note: I love ROB
He just made a topic to say "I don't like this game, just my opinion.". Nothing was really brought up to be discussed, as it was just his opinions' on the game. I'm not saying negative=troll, but making a topic out of the blue of your negative opinions, while bringing nothing else up to discuss, seems pretty troll-ish.

The entire OP is "I don't like sm4sh, Melee & PM are better, just my opinions no hate."

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
He just made a topic to say "I don't like this game, just my opinion.". Nothing was really brought up to be discussed, as it was just his opinions' on the game. I'm not saying negative=troll, but making a topic out of the blue of your negative opinions, while bringing nothing else up to discuss, seems pretty troll-ish.

The entire OP is "I don't like sm4sh, Melee & PM are better, just my opinions no hate."
Yes it seems pretty troll-ish but it's not.

Also i said i love ROB, but your rage just filled your insides that you can't even say "yeah bro i don't know why everyone else hates, cool!! " pity pity

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah, the game has a very different feel to it. I can understand why you wouldn't like it.
I had to warm up to it, but I do enjoy what I've played of it so far <3 Of course, I've only played the demo.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
There is the Wii U version which we hardly know much about...

Though yeah, we'll have to see how this 3DS version shapes up in the near future once it's released worldwide completely. I personally like the feel of the game so far, but it's understandable how you'd feel that way.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Yes it seems pretty troll-ish but it's not.

Also i said i love ROB, but your rage just filled your insides that you can't even say "yeah bro i don't know why everyone else hates, cool!! " pity pity
What. I'm just saying that this isn't a very good topic; it brings almost no discussion and I am still pretty sure it's bait.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Mods, can we start infracting or banning people who make these pointless threads? I get it, this is a forum, people have opinions, and for some reason feel like anyone else cares about their opinions. I get it, that's fine.

But, this DOES NOT DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD. You are not that important. No one cares. Post it in social, where it belongs.

After Prog's awesome post on the front page yesterday, I feel that the mods should step up, make it official that these kinds of threads won't be tolerated, and proactively lock them all, as well as infract or ban users who make threads like this.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Mods, can we start infracting or banning people who make these pointless threads? I get it, this is a forum, people have opinions, and for some reason feel like anyone else cares about their opinions. I get it, that's fine.

But, this DOES NOT DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD. You are not that important. No one cares. Post it in social, where it belongs.

After Prog's awesome post on the front page yesterday, I feel that the mods should step up, make it official that these kinds of threads won't be tolerated, and proactively lock them all, as well as infract or ban users who make threads like this.
No, mods are already warning too many people that just says whatever they has on their mind
check this post's comments and see which ones are warned if you want proof http://smashboards.com/threads/an-open-letter.370567/

so yes, i think we are at somewhere mods should stop warning posts for no reason.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
You said literally no reason at all. You didn't say it was slower, you didn't say it's mechanics weren't as good, you didn't say anything other than "it falls heavily behind." For one thing have you even played it? Have you been in a tournament for it? Have you anything to base your claims on or, as I said earlier, a reason?

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152

Give this man a cookie.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

If you have a problem with the way this forum is moderated you should take it to forum support instead of trying to make an example out of the OP.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Oh, stop it. Prog's post isn't about people voicing their opinions, it's about people RESPECTING other people's opinions, and frankly the only people who haven't done so are the few individuals jabbing at the OP with the "trollbait" card. Not every negative thread is designed to elicit a reaction, and it's stupid to think we should have to hand out bans to people for voicing an unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

Snoop

Smash Rookie
I feel honestly like this game is a lot more beginner friendly. Sadly enough, I just started to get really good at Melee just a month ago and now I have to switch gears to the new game cause all my friends will be playing it. :(
Regardless, very fun and different, but it sucks cause my newly minted Melee knowledge won't transfer over.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Jesus. It's this guys opinion and part of the reason for forums are for opinions.

I, for one, think that the 3DS version is unfinished.

But it's the most beautiful unfinished game ever.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Oh, stop it. Prog's post isn't about people voicing their opinions, it's about people RESPECTING other people's opinions, and frankly the only people who haven't done so are the few individuals jabbing at the OP with the "trollbait" card. Not every negative thread is designed to elicit a reaction, and it's stupid to think we should have to hand out bans to people for voicing an unpopular opinion.
I'm not saying OP is baiting because of his opinions, but his post's content. It doesn't bring up anything besides "I don't like it, pm and melee are better" with out any reasoning as to why he doesnt like it, so it seems to me he is just baiting. This thread has no reason to exist, he is literally just stating his opinion with nothing backing it up or to discuss about.

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Everybody is important , but yeah relax man you can PM a mod and tell him that and olé problem fix, besides the OP isn't trolling he just see smash as a competitive game and he feels it should be like that when smash is really a game that Sakurai does to everyone, from kids to old men.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Thank you so much for making this thread, I was anxiously awaiting your review of this game. Canceling preorder now.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wow at some of the responses in this thread. Can't a guy express his opinions without thread whining and flamebait accusations?

Anyways, OP, sad to hear that the game isn't for you. Maybe next game? On the bright side Project M is still updating, so that's still something good to hear about.

EDIT: This post below me... *sigh* The exact **** I'm tired of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom