• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Really Liking It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Wow at some of the responses in this thread. Can't a guy express his opinions without thread whining and flamebait accusations?

Anyways, OP, sad to hear that the game isn't for you. Maybe next game? On the bright side Project M is still updating, so that's still something good to hear about.

EDIT: This post below me... *sigh* The exact **** I'm tired of.

Agreed, this topic is proving that there's no way to express any kind of negative opinion without being labeled a troll.

I like the game myself, but im not gonna get all worked up because someone else thought differently

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wow at some of the responses in this thread. Can't a guy express his opinions without thread whining and flamebait accusations?
But the fun part about fanbases is if you say something they don't like. They react as if they're great king has been threatened. Think about it.
If you don't like Smash 64, then clearly you hate retro games.
If you don't like Melee, then clearly you don't know a true Smash game.
If you don't like Brawl, then you're a Melee elitist.
If you don't like Project M, then you hate the community.
If you don't like Smash 4, then clearly you're a troll.

And it goes both ways, you can get negative reactions simply for liking a game.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Anyways, OP, sad to hear that the game isn't for you. Maybe next game? On the bright side Project M is still updating, so that's still something good to hear about.

EDIT: This post below me... *sigh* The exact **** I'm tired of.
Well, it takes time for you to get in to this game, if you don't enjoy it, just don't play it ,simple.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Well, it takes time for you to get in to this game, if you don't enjoy it, just don't play it ,simple.
So what you're saying is that if someone don't like this game then they shouldn't say it at all? This place isn't a hug box.

Personally I've enjoyed the demo a ton and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game as much, but I still don't see the problem with someone else feeling any differently. I admit the OP should've elaborated since he didn't back up his opinion much, but is it so hard to ask him to do so?

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So what you're saying is that if someone don't like this game then they shouldn't say it at all? This place isn't a hug box.

Personally I've enjoyed the demo a ton and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game as much, but I still don't see the problem with someone else feeling any differently. I admit the OP should've elaborated since he didn't back up his opinion much, but is it so hard to ask him to do so?
I don't care for this random internet person's opinion on the game. That isn't what this sub forum is about. If he had stated a reason for his opinion, or something to discuss then this thread would have been worth something.

Naoshi

I don't care for this random internet person's opinion on the game. That isn't what this sub forum is about. If he had stated a reason for his opinion, or something to discuss then this thread would have been worth something.
Yes, I understand that. Would it hurt to ask him to elaborate though?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Should I go ask a mod to lock this? Or does this thread encourage actual discussion?

Naoshi

If this thread were anything other than bait he would've explained in the op.
Some people tends to be not so good at expressing themselves and make mistakes. I like giving people a benefit of a doubt, you know?

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Ok guys seriously, people are allowed to have opinions. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't meant you all have to call for him to be banned. I don't support Project M AT ALL, should I be banned? The behaviour in this thread is disgusting.

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
If you read the context of my entire paragraph, you would know I am speaking on completely competitive terms. Melee, still to this day, next to PM, is the most solid competitive smash game as far as advance techniques, juggles and mind tactics go. It's self explanatory. It takes a lack-of-mind to auto assume something is flame bate because the only person thus far to flame on this entire thread yet is YOU and YOU alone. GG now gtfo with your flaming.
Then shouldn't this be under the subforum competitive discussion for Smash 4?

Last edited:

Viper Bite

Smash Rookie
It's funny because we don't need to elaborate as much if we praise the game.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
He made a thread saying "I don't like this game, pls don't hate." It's pretty obvious troll bait.
and are you seriously doing that whole "Don't like it don't read it!!" thing?
Wow, didn't realize people weren't allowed to have an opinion.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm really sorry you don't like it. Maybe Sakurai can wipe some of your disappointment tears with his loads and loads of cash :b:

No but really, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. There are people who don't like Melee and love Brawl or vice versa. The game's mechanics aren't for everybody really.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So you see this thread as "I didn't like the game it sucks nya nya nya melee FTW!!" ? I mean he wasn't rude he just didn't like the game
Let me just explain this one last time.
OP went to the smash bros 4 sub forum
"I don't like this game, melee and pm are better"
He doesn't say why he doesn't like the game, and he doesn't say what makes it worse than melee or pm
Tries to stop all criticism with "it's just my opinion"

To me, this seems like a troll post. It seems like wanted a reaction from the pro sm4sh circle jerk crowd or the anti melee circle jerk crowd.

This will be my last post on this thread. Also, my game preference had nothing to do with is argument.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Some people are gonna like it, some people won't. That's just how it is.

I don't really see why this warrants a thread...

D

Deleted member 245254

If some people are so content on this user having his internet free speech and "right" to an opinion, I have a wonderful idea!

Let's make an "Opinions thread" where you can feed in all types of your opinion on the game with no filter or worrying about being judged for saying bad things.

OH WAIT...

There already is one!

Just make sure you make a solid point so you're actually contributing and it's all well and fine!

...WAIT...

You have failed to do even this!

I hate to break it to everyone, but no matter his review, whether good or bad, there are already appropriate venues available for him to share his "opinion" already as his post does not succeed in categorically separating itself from those other available methods.

Voting for lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Every Smash game has been enjoyable for me, nothing says this one will be any different. But of course, no reason to not play your favorite, none of them are going anywhere any time soon.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Every Smash game has been enjoyable for me, nothing says this one will be any different. But of course, no reason to not play your favorite, none of them are going anywhere any time soon.
Except Brawl, just came to say.

Naoshi

If some people are so content on this user having his internet free speech and "right" to an opinion, I have a wonderful idea!

Let's make an "Opinions thread" where you can feed in all types of your opinion on the game with no filter or worrying about being judged for saying bad things.

OH WAIT...

There already is one!

Just make sure you make a solid point so you're actually contributing and it's all well and fine!

...WAIT...

You have failed to do even this!

I hate to break it to everyone, but no matter his review, whether good or bad, there are proper places available for him to share his "opinion" already as his post fails to categorically separate itself from those other available methods.

Voting for lock.
Honestly, I expected a bit of a nicer response from you, man. :(

You have a rather solid point regardless, he should post in the thread rather than making the thread.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Luckily for me, there is a HUGE Melee/Project M scene at my school (last tournament had 48 entrants) and many of them aren't too impressed with Smash 4 so far. Since I've only played Brawl multiplayer at all before recently, I'll be able to learn Melee, PM, and Smash 4 all at the same time while having access to a local community.

This makes me lucky because ALL of the Smash games are the "new" games to me, so there's no "new game bias" and I get to honestly play what I like.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Yeah, it's totally fine to like one Smash more than another. For example, I find Project M to be the least enjoyable version of Smash. It's mechanics are rather... Not fun. A lot of that is because of wavedashing.

To me that's like an unintentional side effect that became the staple of a mod. Let's say they make a Street Fighter game where, by setting your controls just right and doing a quick and complex hand motion, you can get Ryu to shoot a fireball and then immediately glide across the screen behind it with a grabbing hitbox. A sort of... Fireball-attached-grab. We'll call it the F.A.G., because advanced techs always use abbreviations. A F.A.G. has huge advantages against the average player, since it can't be blocked (because of the grab) and can't be countered (because the fireball's hitbox has priority). Now, some characters F.A.G. much harder than others. Some characters can't F.A.G. at all, like Honda who has no fireballs. Players stop worrying about varying play and relying on their characters' different movesets and instead focus on F.A.G.ging out completely. Players who want to win through non-F.A.G. means are at a huge disadvantage. Capcom set out to create an engaging and fun game, but instead they see nothing but F.A.G.fests, so they fix it through a patch or a new game. These elitists who have mastered being a F.A.G. user realize it's superior to everything and don't care whether it was intentional or not, so they create a mod, Project F. Project F is catered to F.A.G.s. F.A.G.s are a staple of it. The custom animations are awful, the Jpop DDR custom soundtrack is horribly out of place in the series it's based on, but this game knows its purpose, it's not meant to be fun, it's a showcase for F.A.G.s. Which would be totally fine and cool if you ever heard people say "I enjoy Project F but don't consider myself or my tastes superior to those who prefer non-Project F Street Fighter games. I also don't feel the need to tell everyone that non-Project F games suck every time I bring up Project F," but that never happens. Then again, I guess if Project F players weren't so obsessed with it being better than all other versions of Street Fighter then we might not have F.A.G.s at all. In this hypothetical Street Fighter analogy, of course.

Aside from Project M I enjoy all Smash Bros games a great deal though. Thank you for supporting my right to free speech, community. Yay for opinions!

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'm not really a huge fan of Smash 4. It's mechanics are rather... lackluster in reality. This is not me saying I dislike the game, or that it is a bad game, it simply is just me saying that I do not enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. While this game is lackluster, it still is by far in my opinions better than Brawl, while like Brawl, falling HEAVILY short to its older brother, Melee. I still believe though, in spite this, there will be some success to the game in some competitive fields however, I do believe I will die with me Melee and Project M in hands before choosing Smash 4. That's all.
I kept my expectations VERY low and that was probably what made me so enthralled by the demo.

That said the numbers of ways people have found to cancel out hitstun (w/ Megaman, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Link, Toon Link and Peach, probably more to come) is starting to kill the hype for me. Sakurai fixed so many of Brawl's problems that I expected this game to have and yet this exists...

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I kept my expectations VERY low and that was probably what made me so enthralled by the demo.

That said the numbers of ways people have found to cancel out hitstun (w/ Megaman, Diddy Kong, Link, Toon Link and Peach, probably more to come) starting to kill the hype for me. Sakurai fixed so many of Brawl's problems that I expected this game to have and yet this exists...
Does having the ability to cancel hitstun make this a bad game...?
If so, I'm shocked. :glare:

Last edited:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
lol woooooooowww

Funny, but c'mon dude...
Ok, maybe my humor was in bad taste (I found it funny). I've actually only played Project M on two or three occasions. While it's true that I don't like the music, I don't like the melee airdodge, and I think a lot of the custom moves look, well, like a mod rather than a finished product, I do like the idea behind it. I play a lot of mobas, so the thought of a Smash Bros that can be patched and updated with new characters is appealing to me. Some of the reworks I even like (like when Lucas charges up, I don't even know what it does but it looks cool). Some I don't though, like the fact that Ness (who's been my main in every smash) felt really different in Project M, to the point where I had to rely on different characters for my wins (Toon Link and, for some reason, Wario).

I don't think it's something I'll be going back to anytime soon (especially since now I have a smash bros game where I can be Bowser Jr) but you never know.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Status
Not open for further replies.