• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Not As Long As Me Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I recently found this article today, and I think it might interest you guys.http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/12/not-as-long-as-me-right-now.html

These people are saying that Ocarina of Time, the Original Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask, and others are longer and lamer than the Twilight Princess game, and this is worrying them when it comes to Skyward Sword. Is it going to be terrible? I don't think so.

The previous games did in fact have more gameplay thatn the newer ones. To speak in defense of Twilight Princess however, I would ask you to look at an Ocarina of time Beast Ganon next to a Twilight Princess Dark Beast Ganon. How much more time and work do you think the people at Nintendo put into Twilight Princess? To get the graphics to be that amazing, you must sacrifice something else.

Also, as opposed to previous games, if you wish to play through it again, the difficulty is still high. In Ocarina of Time, and in Majora's Mask, when you started to hearts higher than ten, the monsters stood no chance of killing you. Only the Final Bosses, and those weird Axe-Wielding guys could hurt you. They are only battleable once. Twilight Princess on the other hadn has the same problem, but the condition of everything changes. Take the Gerudo Desert for example. No more of those sttupid Leevers that can't ever hit you. Very difficult to dodge Sand Worms are released upon you. White Wolfos, those stupid slow things back in Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, now have almost no weaknesses. I usually just run, but with their speed and jumping attack, I must roll to not get hit.

Another thing is until you get to the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time, (the very last one) you don't feel like being cautious in all the temples. Maybe one or two instances in the first three, but never again. You aren't wasting time inching around a corner, just waiting from past experience, a giant beast that will demolish you. Twilight Princesses overall mood was rather creepy. You never knew what to expect, and with advanced graphics, it seems to change how you play.

From the things above, you can see that it will take time no matter what to beat a Zelda game. And as for those people who think Skyward Sword is going to suck? Check out the graphics. You can tell that although the Wii-Motion Plus is going to take away from it, the graphic shortage will make it amazing. Thanks for reading this post.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Go ahead and close it. Nobody seems to want it anyway.

And also, I never ever said that I didn't like MM and Oot. MM was one of the best games ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom