• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
I disagree with knocking off a point from Pit for his up-b. This move is rarely ever needed as he can almost always recovery with his normal jumps.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for posting a Toon Link vid, dmbrandon. I saw it, and I although Toon Link does look good, I didn't see any evidence of the 0 to death combo you mentioned. :p

_Doorman_

Smash Rookie
Ness is a 7.5? Insane. great job with the character ratings, I trust your overall judgment. A quick question. i was wondering if you could, if you have the time, maybe analyze Lucas against Ness, and let me know who you feel is overall better,and your reasonings why?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Thanks for hearing that yoshi's bair was in fact good.

4/10 i think it's fair for him.

Do you think characters are as balanced as in ssb64? Yeah, they had low and good tiers, but they all can be used in a tourney and have some chances of win...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Thanks for hearing that yoshi's bair was in fact good.

4/10 i think it's fair for him.

Do you think characters are as balanced as in ssb64? Yeah, they had low and good tiers, but they all can be used in a tourney and have some chances of win...
That's because there were only 12 characters. The more characters there are, the further the gap there is between the good characters and the bad characters. That's how it's always been in all fighting games.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
That's because there were only 12 characters. The more characters there are, the further the gap there is between the good characters and the bad characters. That's how it's always been in all fighting games.
That's why i'm asking if the game is more balanced than melee or not.

I mean, I just saw a Link vs Toon Link video, and ignoring that the Link played just like melee (don't using the gale boomerang for sucking toon link, instead of hitting), they were pretty equal...

And toon link's speed and fluidness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Link's

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
a couple of questions

1. what do these words mean 'fair,uair, bair, and dair'
2. is f smash the same as 'side smash'?
3. is zelda's change to shiek now going to take longer? or the same time as meelee?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
a couple of questions

1. what do these words mean 'fair,uair, bair, and dair'
2. is f smash the same as 'side smash'?
3. is zelda's change to shiek now going to take longer? or the same time as meelee?
1. Forward Air (direction you're facing on stick + A in air), Up Air (up on stick + A in air) Back Air (direction opposite to the one you're facing on stick + A in air) and Down Air (down on stick + A in air).

2. Forward Smashes are the same as Side Smashes.

3. Zelda takes a lot longer to change into Sheik and vice versa in Brawl.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
1. Forward Air (direction you're facing on stick + A in air), Up Air (up on stick + A in air) Back Air (direction opposite to the one you're facing on stick + A in air) and Down Air (down on stick + A in air).

2. Forward Smashes are the same as Side Smashes.

3. Zelda takes a lot longer to change into Sheik and vice versa in Brawl.

ohh thank you so much ^_^

sux to hear abnout zelda thouhg

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
Link has less weight than Diddy and Fox? Did he go on the Atkins diet in 2004 or something? And surely his automatic teether recovery deserves more credit than that.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey Montage, I just heard that Lucas can combo an up smash from his Nair if you land the attack without hitting on the last frame. Apparently, there is no lag from his Nair if you land in the middle of the attack, and it gives just enough stun for him to chain an upsmash from it. Upsmash also has about the same horizontal range as Lucas's Fsmash, by the way.

Can you guys check this out? Because that's a pretty nasty combo if it's true.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Zamus's recovery is better by using her down special. ;) just a pointer.

Links projectile game has definately improved. (Arrows)

Snake is weird yes, I'm glad you gave Olimar a reasonable rating, he's insane.

And PT is probably maxed out at 10/10 yeah. You've had less time with each character and he's deeper than most because of the 3 in 1 function. Like Zelda/Sheik, together they are 10/10. This game is supposedly more balanced, making match-ups a larger factor, and they have the advantage there.

Diddy, Pika and Luigi look amazing. Link, Zelda and Dedede probably can be. I think Olimar and PT will be interesting in the long run. I swear that Sonic will be the next constant-combo character. The spacies look balanced with the roster but still great and Marth and Ike are being overrated thus far. They are just as good as anyone none-the-less, just being played/praised too much for their own good. The large characters will take some adjusting and practice. The rest of the cast seems fairly balanced and at this point, I'd be confident enough to say that any character could win the biggest tournement in 5 years from now. Even more so, I think Yoshi will become the new surprise in that he'll turn out to be unbeleivably unfair in many cases.

Just my thoughts :ohwell:

Glad you're going to keep updating this as your thoughts develop. I'm doing the same just not publicly cause I'm lazy and have never made a thread lol. I suggest looking at who you think is the worst character, and see them as the best. Then try and figure out what makes them so good. Eventually, you'll find the real "ratings" and they will be actually acurate, and it's quick that way too :)

*vanishing potion*

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Game & Watch: shield actually covers his body. +.5
Not really! lol

Hey Montage, I just heard that Lucas can combo an up smash from his Nair if you land the attack without hitting on the last frame. Apparently, there is no lag from his Nair if you land in the middle of the attack, and it gives just enough stun for him to chain an upsmash from it. Upsmash also has about the same horizontal range as Lucas's Fsmash, by the way.

Can you guys check this out? Because that's a pretty nasty combo if it's true.
I haven't been able to link that. And the fsmash has a larger range, by far.

Zamus's recovery is better by using her down special. ;) just a pointer.

Links projectile game has definately improved. (Arrows)

Snake is weird yes, I'm glad you gave Olimar a reasonable rating, he's insane.

And PT is probably maxed out at 10/10 yeah. You've had less time with each character and he's deeper than most because of the 3 in 1 function. Like Zelda/Sheik, together they are 10/10. This game is supposedly more balanced, making match-ups a larger factor, and they have the advantage there.

Diddy, Pika and Luigi look amazing. Link, Zelda and Dedede probably can be. I think Olimar and PT will be interesting in the long run. I swear that Sonic will be the next constant-combo character. The spacies look balanced with the roster but still great and Marth and Ike are being overrated thus far. They are just as good as anyone none-the-less, just being played/praised too much for their own good. The large characters will take some adjusting and practice. The rest of the cast seems fairly balanced and at this point, I'd be confident enough to say that any character could win the biggest tournement in 5 years from now. Even more so, I think Yoshi will become the new surprise in that he'll turn out to be unbeleivably unfair in many cases.

Just my thoughts :ohwell:

Glad you're going to keep updating this as your thoughts develop. I'm doing the same just not publicly cause I'm lazy and have never made a thread lol. I suggest looking at who you think is the worst character, and see them as the best. Then try and figure out what makes them so good. Eventually, you'll find the real "ratings" and they will be actually acurate, and it's quick that way too :)

*vanishing potion*
Everyone knows about ZSS's DB.
Link's projectile game has stayed the same. If not, gotten worse. That boomerang is terrible, it works against him too much.

btw... pt 10/10? Have you played this game at all? lol

Majist

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot for this thread. this is really gonna help me out. i'm REALLY upset about sheik and ganon : (((((

i can't wait for toon link.

keep up the good work, dude

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Everyone knows about ZSS's DB.
Link's projectile game has stayed the same. If not, gotten worse. That boomerang is terrible, it works against him too much.

btw... pt 10/10? Have you played this game at all? lol
ZZS you mention she ONLY has a tether and so she's easy to edge gurad. How am I supposed to know you just don't like to update it ;) jk

Maybe his boomerang just has other uses now. Like a trickiness factor that Snake has. And I haven't seen anyone use his arrows the way they should be. He CAN use them now, this isn't melee lol.

Haven't played, but from what I've seen :p What evs, I'll know when I play!

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Link has less weight than Diddy and Fox? Did he go on the Atkins diet in 2004 or something? And surely his automatic teether recovery deserves more credit than that.
Its kinda obvious they are link haters or dont even play link. Just get the game when its out and see who ou like best. This is just 1 persons opinion. (and not a tier list at all)

Proven

Smash Apprentice
anyone know if 'with anyone' WiFi Matches are included as VS Matches
DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS IN THREADS WHERE THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT.

I don't care how impatient you are, but this is forum, not instant messenger. Find the appropriate thread, and then wait. It's not like you have the game yet anyway.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
It's not inappropriate; i wish to unlock these characters on these threads, where they are rated and wondering if i can unlock them in VS MATCH (which is yes). And wondering if VS MATCHES count as WIFI WITH ANYONE MATCHES.

All i need is a yes or no correct answer
:) Thank u

Proven

Smash Apprentice
It's not inappropriate; i wish to unlock these characters on these threads, where they are rated and wondering if i can unlock them in VS MATCH (which is yes). And wondering if VS MATCHES count as WIFI WITH ANYONE MATCHES.

All i need is a yes or no correct answer
:) Thank u
You don't understand the meaning of the word "thread" on a forum. How about I use the word "topic". There are other "topics" in the General Brawl Discussion area where you can ask this. Just because this topic deals with the entire character roster doesn't mean you ask how to unlock them here.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
I know how to unlock them.
Just wondering if a WIFI MATCH is included as VS MATCH
its a very very simple question

Proven

Smash Apprentice
I know how to unlock them.
Just wondering if a WIFI MATCH is included as VS MATCH
its a very very simple question
Whoops, I got confused with another thread. I apologize for my mistake.

It also means that your actual question is even more off topic than I previously thought. Quite the ridiculous predicament.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, I got confused with another thread. I apologize for my mistake.

It also means that your actual question is even more off topic than I previously thought. Quite the ridiculous predicament.
:dizzy:
But yes;
neone know the answer to this question.
lol

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey, I Know!
Hey, Im not telling!

L2 click on other threads.
L2 read.
its a simple question, its even more simple to answer without distracting from the topic of the forum and revealing your Noobiness

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Its kinda obvious they are link haters or dont even play link. Just get the game when its out and see who ou like best. This is just 1 persons opinion. (and not a tier list at all)
I used to main link. I almost got a triforce tattoo. I can beat OoT without dying, using a fairy, or getting heart pieces. Eat me plz. I'm more of a fan that you could ever be, yayuhz.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Also, how could Wario be lighter than Diddy if Wario is one of the heaviest in the STARTING roster while Diddy is in the middle? (As shown by the Famitsu weight list)

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Toon Link as best character in game?
Honestly, I would shoot myself. But this is only for personal reasons.

I really, Really, REALLY hated the Toon Link series.
The storylines were terrible, Link looked incredibly...gay.
Especially Wind Waker. I hated riding in that stupid boat all the time.

And when I found out that Toon Link was in brawl...I was angry.
No offense to you Toon Link fans though. It's just my personal preference.

Diddy I didn't find too surprising to be viable for best character.
When they revealed his special moves, I knew his bananas would be incredibly useful, and his recovery would be too ridiculously good.

lol I'm a hater.

Some of the people on this board need to brush the sand from their panties and chill the f*ck out. He's just asking a question. There's no need to go all nazi on him. Just tell him what he did wrong and answer the question.

Christ.

Jango

Smash Rookie
Thnx for the info! There is more hate here then Giants owning Patriots Threads 0.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom