• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoo

Smash Master
There are a few weegees floating around the UK,
in london alone, there's me and Hurricane Rev,
Ill pop up in manchester at one of these tournaments to give u guys a taste of what he can do
But probs not gainst u smudge cos of gay standing chain grabs, and my olimar's far superior matchup against ddd lol

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I know it's good practice. I'd just rather see more Mario and Weegees :D
PTR is a good mario and luigi, he hasent been to an offline tourney b4 though, his first one will be at fuzzyness's fest on the 25th of April, tbh i think he will win that tourney, ONLY if he goes, i know him really well and on all is brawl, he's considered one of the best on there from he UK and i think he will surprise every1 if he attends that fest.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
There are a few weegees floating around the UK,
in london alone, there's me and Hurricane Rev,
Ill pop up in manchester at one of these tournaments to give u guys a taste of what he can do
But probs not gainst u smudge cos of gay standing chain grabs, and my olimar's far superior matchup against ddd lol
I'll be looking forawrd to that, I've seen the potential of luigi and its not a prity sight lol
At the moment am working on mario, bin trying him out for the past few months, might even use him the tourney in may if i get the chance :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What was the entry fee for the last one? Aiko forgot to mention it but I need to know it for the character rankings.

:059:

Aiko

Smash Champion
Heres the next big announcement:

The Northwest Ranking Battles will now be transformed into The Northwest Brawl Circuit or NBC (lol tv).

This will consist of 4 tournaments where you will take your top 3 points and rank all entrants to give a final leaderboard and ranking for that season. This is to reward all those players that come on a regular basis and there will be prizes at the end of each season.

Since it is the best 3/4 tournaments, it gives you a chance to keep up, even if you have to miss one (everyone has important stuff besides smash). Of course going to all 4 increases your chance of getting a better score, since it is your BEST 3 scores.

This will kick start with the next tournament. Which I should be able to confirm tonight.

More details coming soon!

The Filth

Smash Lord
Ach aiko, I didn't get the chance to play you, and now you quit :< I hope you'll still join in with some of the non-serious games in future, from what I saw you're an awesome smasher, plus you seem a great guy too.

Still, this new tourney layout seems like a blast. Thanks for setting all these up =]

Smudge

Smash Lord
Ahh you have no need to worry, that move is Banned. Plus I have no idea how to do it on Luigi :p

PTR is a good mario and luigi, he hasent been to an offline tourney b4 though, his first one will be at fuzzyness's fest on the 25th of April, tbh i think he will win that tourney, ONLY if he goes, i know him really well and on all is brawl, he's considered one of the best on there from he UK and i think he will surprise every1 if he attends that fest.
Sounds like a challenge, Can't wait to see this guy in action. Does he play anyone other that M&L?

17th is now confirmed.
Awesome, NWBC starts on the 17th, my Birthday on the 18th. That weekend is gonna rock :D

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
PTR uses all the characters, i think PTR and calzorz are at the same level, and as you know calzorz is very good, he said to me his mains are: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Fox, Falco and Captin Falcon, i will try get him on here when he comes on msn, he has an account already called PTR too, he said he used it for that friend finder thing ages ago.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
PTR uses all the characters, i think PTR and calzorz are at the same level, and as you know calzorz is very good, he said to me his mains are: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Fox, Falco and Captin Falcon, i will try get him on here when he comes on msn, he has an account already called PTR too, he said he used it for that friend finder thing ages ago.
yea he is pretty good he challanged me i did 2 stock him most rounds but for a mario mainer i give him respect

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
new tournament system sounds cool.
Have to make sure i get a place in the tourneys. Also my king dedede main is making a little progress each day. awww.

CPT-Wu

Smash Rookie
Heres the next big announcement:

Since it is the best 3/4 tournaments, it gives you a chance to keep up, even if you have to miss one (everyone has important stuff besides smash). Of course going to all 4 increases your chance of getting a better score, since it is your BEST 3 scores.

This will kick start with the next tournament. Which I should be able to confirm tonight.

More details coming soon!
So does that mean this is how the structure will work starting on the 17th?

Sad to hear you retire from smash also, wanted to play against you again since the first time aswell, I had no chance but I learnt some useful stuff from it

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
*slowpokes into thread*

AIKO RETIRING?!
That sucks, mate. But at least the rest of us might have a better chance in pools now! :laugh:
Now you'll just have to be full-time player-Interviewer at ranbats! *whips out camera*

You've done a top job with organising the events so far though, dude. And if you're focusing even more on planning now, one can only imagine the awesomeness of future events!

Best of luck with it all.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm gonna try and get a newsletter out after each tournament so others can read what goes on. So it'll be things like tournament write up, current leadboard write ups, tournament advice and strategy and interviews with players [old and new!]

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
Lol Peter i remember first playing that guy

Smudge

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm gonna try and get a newsletter out after each tournament so others can read what goes on. So it'll be things like tournament write up, current leadboard write ups, tournament advice and strategy and interviews with players [old and new!]
That sounds awesome. I'm glad this is really taking off.

I'm gonna be gutted when I leave the area in September now :(

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
nice vids Mako , lol the 3rd match was close ;) ill make sure you dont breathe that close to victory

COEY

Smash Lord
Ant - Does quitting brawl mean we might see a sudden rise back to form for your melee game? Coming Darkos on sat right? I think i am.

Also Dooan you live in Bolton? Where abouts and sorry if youve been posting a while but ive just noticed you :)

Aiko

Smash Champion
Will: I will play a little melee ( more than I have for the last couple of months) but not as much as I used to. I have a lot of things going on in life atm and I cant really devote as much time to smash as much as I used to.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Ant - Does quitting brawl mean we might see a sudden rise back to form for your melee game? Coming Darkos on sat right? I think i am.

Also Dooan you live in Bolton? Where abouts and sorry if youve been posting a while but ive just noticed you :)
No problem, no problem =]

I'm just up the road from Rumworth college thing, used to be called Ladybridge High or something along those lines. S'about 5-10 mins from the town centre driving.

Whereabouts are you at?

COEY

Smash Lord
I'm currently in uni halls (hollins on radcliffe road), close to toys r us and burger king. Should play some time, although i dont own brawl anymore though i'd probably play it, do you play melee?

The Filth

Smash Lord
I used to play it quite often, but I tried playing a round the other week and embarrassed myself =[

I play the Captain you see, i'm used to brawl physics. Ended up going for a knee near the edge and jumped past the guy to kill myself, I don't understand how I used to keep up with that, it's ****ing insane.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I used to play it quite often, but I tried playing a round the other week and embarrassed myself =[

I play the Captain you see, i'm used to brawl physics. Ended up going for a knee near the edge and jumped past the guy to kill myself, I don't understand how I used to keep up with that, it's ****ing insane.
I used to play melee and i had the same problem lol Couldnt hack the speed of melee but latly i've decided to get back into it because it sooo fun lol :)

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
lol this just shows that melee is a beast.

brawls engine screws your timing since its buffering so much things .

as melee is not

mess up something in melee its 100% messed up

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
mess up something in melee its 100% messed up
Me and bu5h were talking about that, it got to a point with us were one dodge or even a sidestep ment the entire game lol

Must admit i am looking forward to this tourney tho, Bin working on fox and link so i might pull them out if i can :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom