• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, but I still feel inadequate after facing up to your sheik and peach in those team games, that was an absolute nightmare.

Still, it taught me more in a day than i've learned over months of smash, so thanks for that =]
The peach and sheik were prolly Edwin, I was the dark purple zero suit that used the AERIS tag

how to **** Mako : learn his movement for a attempted >B he always seemed to get you
snake can **** shields dont just >A>A them mix up his powerful attacks
you can possibly upthrow + upsmash , wait for landing then uptilt
stop trying to teach the impossible, by the time he learns my playstyle i'll be ****** with a new character

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
shoryuken
oniboy seemed so confident before our first match ;__; i felt pretty bad for the people who predicted that i'd lose to him easily
<3
to tell the truth mako I had a feeling idea lose to you I think the only reason, I beat your kirby the first ranbat was that you relaxed after beating aiko.

Oniboy : learn the time for destruction of grenades. I know snakes not a fast character but motar slide makes up for that.
pivoted uptilts ****
Jab jab Dair :)
how to **** Mako : learn his movement for a attempted >B he always seemed to get you
snake can **** shields dont just >A>A them mix up his powerful attacks
you can possibly upthrow + upsmash , wait for landing then uptilt
but your style is very good i call you a mini calzorz
Thanks for the advice, got to say I wish, I'd played Shadow Tactics's Zss now.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
to tell the truth mako I had a feeling idea lose to you I think the only reason, I beat your kirby the first ranbat was that you relaxed after beating aiko.
That's bs, you ***** my kirby again yesterday and you even beat my zelda. Not to mention my g&w only won because you made a mistake at the end, we were both within 1 hit away from dying from a kill move.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
jankai out of pools? congratulations :)
Cheers :) I've bin practising extra hard with new things as picachu, Got a nice combo with the thunder lol Killed dooan with it every game we had, infact am sure all my kills on him were with it :D
My lucas is still a bit shady just need to get used to his tilt moves.

Aiko

Smash Champion
shoryuken
oniboy seemed so confident before our first match ;__; i felt pretty bad for the people who predicted that i'd lose to him easily
hope that wasn't aimed at me XD If it was, just to let you know, oniboy ended up playing against you earlier due to several factors including my current assumed standings of players and the current NW leaderboards (as convinced by blinky).

Anyway, a big announcement from me later this evening. For all those who already know, it would be much appreciated it isn't mentioned until after I say it. Thanks

CCPLZ

Smash Rookie
Brad (CCPLZ) main shoutouts

Aiko - Metaknight, that is all.
Nah just joking, nicely done, you really DO **** on delphino

Smudge - First good D3 I've played and you sure as hell didn't disappoint. Lolz, i WILL pick up a character that doesn't get chaingrabbed especially for you S2.
MK anyone?

Dude that went random (lol) - Fricking awesome. The amount of times i didn't realise that spot dodge = Fsmash was just lol. Random mindgames FTW!

RyuKen (Rai-You-Ken?) - Sonic mains are few and far between, but you are right up there, love to play you again sometime.

Everyone else i didn't have direct contact with - Manchester community is great, so friendly and efficient :laugh: .

Smudge

Smash Lord
Smudge - First good D3 I've played and you sure as hell didn't disappoint. Lolz, i WILL pick up a character that doesn't get chaingrabbed especially for you S2.
MK anyone?
Cheers man, really appreciate the statement

And i've gotta say, you've got a really good Wolf, I mean seriously, that thing needs to be on a leash and a nuzzle. it's Vicious!

An as for the non-chain grabbable character. Bring it on man, I welcome the challenge :D

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Well it's safe to say that I missed out on a belter of a Ranbat this time around. ******* Scarborough and that ******* gig I had to play. :lick:
Let's just say that I had the moral victory of the day and leave it at that, shall we? Good stuff.

Seriously, Oni and Smudge... awesome placement. BIG UP THE CONGLETON MASSIVE.
I blatantly need to make it to the next one, just to show you two up.

Jokes. :chuckle:

The Filth

Smash Lord
Well whatever it is, I want a rematch next ranbat, I really enjoy playing you.
I only really got a quick glance at your snake on sunday, but in a 20 second window I saw U-smash - grab choke mortar combo and chain D-throws... looked like how I wanted my snake to turn out like =[

And @ mako, same ****, different name :( I enjoyed our ZSS dittos though <3

Edit: Bloody jankai... thunder kills.... garg...

You ruined christmas for me for many years to come. I'm hoping it's going to be a case of once bitten twice shy however =[

Aiko

Smash Champion
sorry about no news last night, i ended up staying out longer than I expected. news will come soon once im not so busy at work.

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone for some good games on sunday! Had so many friendlies was alot fo fun. Learnt alot and had a good day.

I'm sorry guys but its D3 ftw now.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Heres the announcement:

I have decided to retire from competitive brawl.

I simply don't have the time to keep up with it, due to a number of other things going on in life.

But don't worry, I will still keep the monthly tournaments running. In fact, since I will be spending less time playing and more time organising/running, you can expect smoother and better tournaments. And maybe one day i'll come out of retirement and play again.

A few shout outs to some people Ive become involved with in brawl:

Blinky: Probably the biggest influence on me in brawl. Always playing with and discussing with me, I owe a great deal to him.

Oniboy + Smudge: Thanks for the continued support of the ranbats and I'm glad to see both of you are improving alot and will soon surpass me.

Yeniths: Another big influence on me. Congrats on starting your own stable community, hope it goes well.

Tails Chao: <3

Aiko

Smash Champion
I actually have some plans for the tournaments, which I will announce tonight. This time it'll actually be GOOD news, and will definitely reward our regular players. As promised, my efforts will be focussed on tournament running and I'm looking at a change in the overall tournament structure to something very positive for the community.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why did you retire fool. Still next time I see you £5 Wario Ditto MM. I'm like THIS CONFIDIDENT I'll win. =]

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
Got to say I didn't expect that. Intreted to. See what your new ideas are. Shame had your mk all worked out...joking :D still hope to play you in friendlies from time to time.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
did Darko add the final stepping stone to your decision

:) i noticed the spark on your face while playing him

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
God dam it Aiko, i enjoy playing you at the tourneys you keep me on my toes :p We better still be having our odd games of brawl though the week :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
wow that sucks ur a awsome person in rl stil hope to see u at fests and tournys just sucks u wont be playing

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
we lose a Metaknight where are we gonna find another i know i will just pull out a noob and tell him to spam B

Aiko

Smash Champion
ah crap, sorry for not announcing this at night again >.>

will get it announced tomorrow. This time martyn knows and not dave XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom