• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko

Smash Champion
there wont be any melee exclusive set ups but if people want to play melee after the tournaments then thats fine with me.

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Hey... only just found this, bit late to the party! I'd be up for joining in with this. It's about time i got into some proper matches with people. The online just doesnt cut it... :)

Im in the Manchester area (in Eccles), is anyone having any sort of "warm ups" before sunday? Im likely to get caned pretty quickly anyway, but thats ok. :)

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Sure, Im free then. :) Just been brushing up a bit, had to get used to the GC controller again as ive been playing Brawl on the classic controller. Im officially blaming any embarrassing suicides on the pad! (he says as he throws himself off the ledge after another mistimed spike)

I think im gonna be making Pit my char. He may not be godly but he's cool.

This would be my 1st time at a competitive thing as well, apart from a random Power Stone competition from way back in the day...

Smudge

Smash Lord
The 3 Pepper Angus Is Back
And i've got my hands on two Buy One Angus Get One Angus Free vouchers. for any Angus on the menu. Lucky me :D

And hey Ryan, a Pit main you say, cool.

Oh and Aiko, we've got another player from Congleton coming with us for a grand total of 7 players.

This is gonna rock.

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Hehe i keep flip flopping between Ike and Pit, those are my fav chars. Ike's just a tad slow for me tho, and i like Pit and his reflects. Kinda creates a psychological thing with projectile users...

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
Hey ryan like to say hello and welcome, this will be my first tournement as well.

Also played couple of the guys thats posted on this thread there really friendly and make you feel welcome so don't be nervous or anything, like i was.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Also played couple of the guys thats posted on this thread there really friendly and make you feel welcome so don't be nervous or anything, like i was.
Aww shucks lol

But seriously Ryan, you should definitely come down to this, you'll get to meet a great bunch of peeps and have a laugh at the same time.

Oh and there's some Brawl too :D

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Yeah i'll be there, bringing my mad pit skills (ahem) to the table. I'll be popping in Friday as well, for the warm up. :)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nooo don't hurt me :/

I main Peach btw Smudge. She's the only character I consider myself fairly good with...I'm ok with Sonic

I want to come to this but I was wondering if anyone could give me finishing times. I could maybe blag it and tell my parents I was just off somewhere else. The thing is I'd have to get up pretty early and I've never been to Manchester before

And I'm scared my parents will find out/you'll all actually turn out to be rapists :x

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
Should be done by 5, well the closing time is 5 anyway.

If you come to this rickerdy-doo-da-day i count 17 people coming to this.

Aiko

Smash Champion
where abouts in england are you from Rick?

Theres 16 of us going, we cant ALL be rapists... =D

btw i actually think theres more than 16.... im gonna be in trouble if i cant get enough TVS >.>

gonna list everyone on the 2nd post.

Ok Ive estimated 15-18 people.

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to here you can't go rick.

Hey ryan where were you today me and aiko and a couple of my friends were playing today in HMV.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Me, Kosmoco and a couple of his mates played today in Gamerbase, tested one of the TV's today which worked dandy.

We will have 3 setups for Sunday and about 16-20 entrants... possibly more >.>

I have made skeleton pools here:

Pool 1
Aiko
MakoMako
Cpt Wu
Jabroni
Waqar

Pool 2
Blinky
Smudge
Almas
Nathan
PSUK

Pool 3
Coey
Oniboy
NilliX
Kiechi
RyanGraubner

Pool 4
Yeniths
JO3
Zero
Kosmoco
Rajan

Extra spots are for those unexpected people/friends who may be coming.
I have tried to separate friends and crewmates where possible.

Because the pools are quite big, and we have limited time, it will only be top 2 who go through to a 8 man double elimination bracket.

All matches are best of 3 except for winners, losers and grand finals, where they are all best of 5.

If we have time for friendlies, since we are limited on setups, friendlies will be strictly winner stays on, maximum 3 wins. If you want to use a setup for a money match, please tell me first.

I'm also fine tuning the stages list and stage banning. will let you know of any changes.

See you all on Sunday, good luck and happy valentines day <3

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Yeah sorry Kosmo and Aiko... I did show up! But i didnt see you guys, well i hung around a bit and chatted with the staff, but then i started to feel like a bit of a **** and i ended up having a few drinks with a mate.

Unless you were the guys playing Guitar Hero. I was looking out for ppl playing Brawl :)

Oh well, i'll just see ya Sunday!

Aiko

Smash Champion
hey ryan, I arrived a bit late cos my train got cancelled :/ got there around 6:20

edit:

Some extra stuff - venue will be £5, bringing a total of £10 for the whole day if you enter both singles and doubles. If doubles doesnt happen, for whatever reason, you will be refunded the entry fee.

Any extra money from the venue will be contributed towards the prize pool, and towards awards in the way of gamerbase membership credit.

Final stage rules

Stage banning: You may ban any 1 stage for the entire match.

Random
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counterpick
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Castle Seige
  • Halberd
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
Im'ma be practicing so hard tomorrow, playing with Aiko and Kosmoco tonight showed me how rusty I've gotten :p

Smudge

Smash Lord
Pools look great, did i get into the lower seed bracket? (If I did, that's awesome)

I'm liking the new list of stages, banning two always confused me tbh, to many things for my small head to think about lol.

We'll I'll get in some last minute practice today and see you all tomorrow.

Take it easy guys

PS. Coey, No, I am a rapist....

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I sure have missed out on a lot of this discussion malarkey.
It's a shame that Jungle Japes is out. (:chuckle: at Smudge)

This should be fun times tomorrow, looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces. I might also join Zero with the BK plan, and maybe even MM. I'm out of control!

Forewarning: I'VE NOT PLAYED BRAWL FOR 4 WEEKS. I WILL MOST LIKELY GET TORN TO PIECES. OH DEAR GOD.

Tomorrow is going to be fun! :bee:

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sorry Kosmo and Aiko... I did show up! But i didnt see you guys, well i hung around a bit and chatted with the staff, but then i started to feel like a bit of a **** and i ended up having a few drinks with a mate.

Unless you were the guys playing Guitar Hero. I was looking out for ppl playing Brawl :)

Oh well, i'll just see ya Sunday!
Well i was there at 6 but didn't know what you look like. and no we wasn't playing guitar hero.
Look forward to meet you on sunday.

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Yeah realised at the time that was a bit of a snag. We probably walked past each other! It's cool tho.

Im resisting the urge to practise too much against level 9 CPU's. On the one hand they have psychic levels of dodge/shield/grabbing but on the other hand theyre very thick when it comes to edge guarding and the like. Anyone here fancy a few friendlies online? (not that lag is very helpful, but its just for ****s and giggles)

MSN me if you do.
r_graubner@hotmail.com

Smudge

Smash Lord
Yeah realised at the time that was a bit of a snag. We probably walked past each other! It's cool tho.

Im resisting the urge to practise too much against level 9 CPU's. On the one hand they have psychic levels of dodge/shield/grabbing but on the other hand theyre very thick when it comes to edge guarding and the like. Anyone here fancy a few friendlies online? (not that lag is very helpful, but its just for ****s and giggles)

MSN me if you do.
r_graubner@hotmail.com
I wish I'd read this before I went out, probably would have been more fun lol

If we have time, i'll play you tomorrow.

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Well that was fun! Congrats to all the big winners, and to Aiko for setting the whole thing up. Went pretty well as far as i could tell. So much Smash, so little time... :)

Roll on the next one!

Zero1249

Smash Rookie
Well that was fun! Congrats to all the big winners, and to Aiko for setting the whole thing up. Went pretty well as far as i could tell. So much Smash, so little time... :)

Roll on the next one!
Hear, hear.
That was cool. And well played Aiko for the swish set-up.
And my congrats to all the winners.
T'was nice to see so many people there.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Had a really great time today. Not usually one for pointing out players, but a shout each to Smudge and Zero, you guys played excellently. Congrats on placing in the top 8!

Oni, bad luck dude. Must've been an off day. Sweet mix-up with your MM with Mako though!

And congratulations to Makomako for winning the whole overall business. High ten!
The final rounds will probably be up on Youtube sometime tomorrow, due to the utterly dire connection speeds at Uni.

GOOD DAY, EVERYONE.
And thanks to Aiko for setting the whole thing up! Much love to you!

And thank you, XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger! Your combination of meats, dairy products and carbohydrates created somewhat of a savoury orgasm that lasted throughout the event. Props.

BK johns.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Cheers for the epic day of epicness, I'm still shaking from how awesome today was (That could be the nicotine).

Shout-outs to come soon, There's so many people to note I don't want to miss anyone out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom