• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah he moans at MK but goes Falco & Marth? Next it'll be Snake and Ice Climbers...then we wait until he he starts maining the Meta.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
one thing I like about brawl matchup discussions

"xx is fairly even with mk, lets make it 50:50. nvm lets make it 55:45 mk is broken and its a huge difference!!!!!!!"

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah I'm dropping all my mains for tourneys. I'll only play them in friendlies/mms from now on.

I'm reading up on other low-tier characters as well as C.Falcon of course. I might main F(ail) Tier.... O_o

Trio: wanna split if we get to the final? and in doubles we should do Link/Falcon team yeee

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Loooool, TC silence u main Falco and Marth in Melee, there even higher in Melee than they are in Brawl.

Willz Maining Snake and Icies is alright, but MK you dont need to train 2 ****ing characters, u just go all MK and **** every1, MK is way above every character in this game and has no bad matchups what so ever, where as every other character has at least 2 bad macthups, anyway i dont mind fighting MK now, its Icies and Diddy i hate are my worst, but i **** diddy with Falco so im alright.

Changing from Tlink to Falco was Calzorz advice, and i took it, i always second Marth, just changed from Tlink/Marth to Falco/Marth, no problem with that what so ever, im too good for low tiers now anyway, i still use Link once in awhile though.

BAN METAKNIGHT!

Jolteon

Actually Andy I main Falco in melee, unlike you I'm focusing on one main and all his matchups rather than 2-3 lool. I may consider a secondary later, but not until my Falco is at an extremely good standard.

Also, Falco higher in melee than Brawl, wtf are you smoking? He's 4th in both current lists.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
No in PAL hes 2nd, and when we played at SHS you used Marth. Falco is probz my Main, but Marth is a solid secondary, every non MK player needs a secondary. Unlike in Melee its not essential, as the top 4 chars rule the game rather than the top 1 in Brawl, srs buisness.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Actually winning with MK is hard as **** actually, ****** noobs is easy so they complain cuz they don't know what they're doing but when you face people who EXPLOIT the few weaknesses your character has the match starts to feel like hell. Using IC has been nightmarish for me, using a character which several people develop strategies for is just too demanding. All the MK's I've seen and faced in UK have been garbage which is why there's no point banning him in tourneys, nobody can even use him well enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Silly northerners,

Jolteon

No in PAL hes 2nd, and when we played at SHS you used Marth. Falco is probz my Main, but Marth is a solid secondary, every non MK player needs a secondary. Unlike in Melee its not essential, as the top 4 chars rule the game rather than the top 1 in Brawl, srs buisness.
The PAL list is outdated. :/

and yeah I did use Marth, doesn't mean I main him. I've promised myself that I would work on getting my Falco to a high standard before ever considering another main. I've used marth before in brawl but my mains are G&W/MK, whats your point?

and since when did snake need a secondary, btw?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Loool Mako, ive heard it all b4, u just wasted 5 valuble minutes typing that up, i dont actually have much of a problem with MK now, cuz i got Falco and Marth, tlink is just ****e for MK, unless the MK has no clue what its doing, cough Aiko lol, where as Blinky knew what he was doing and ***** me, and Aiko adn Blinky are about the same level.

Alex i have no clue about Melee, i just play it cuz im awsomez, and Ally secondary's Marth, not that he ever used him though.

Mako is too good for MK lolol, beware of the Legendary MK slayer, r u a Marth slayer Makomakomakomako?

Jolteon

isnt marths matchup with mk "meant" to be almost as bad as tlinks? lol (I say "meant" because I strongly disagree with the 65-35 mk:marth figure used).

And ally is pretty much my best example, snake is a ******** char and I actually think hes better than mk is, I still dont think he should be banned.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Me too, MK - Falco is meant to be 50-50, where its like 60/40 to MK Imo, and Marth - MK is 60/40 too. Tlink i gotta agree with 70-30, cuz MK can easily gimp him and outranges all his attacks, and punishes all his smashes with whateber attack he pleases.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i see so many complaints about mk get over it yea hes so good char its the same talk everytime i look at a u.k thread , tc since when does snake need a 2ndry? i guess no char NEEDS a 2ndry but it helps to always have one if u think a matchup where they have a slight favour and u could do better with the 2ndry, duno its your choice where as i think there geting at mk has no bad matchups so theres not really any need for a 2ndry and if u think snake is better than mk then play more brawl , but all i say is stop complaining about mk and just try win with your main even if you main mk we hear enough about him as it is , i dont think mk should be banned but im sick of hearing how broken he is , willz u say u main falcon yet u never use him and if you did u wudnt place as high as you do at east midlands fests that u go to therefor u cant call yourself a falcon main however if you start to use him in a few then you can , u want a real falcon main look at rebaz

EDIT: yes i was in a bad mood when this post was done oh well xD
also trio3 isnt a tier ***** for geting falco and marth lol hes just got sense of playing better chars than toon link to be better in the competitive scene and transferd his level of play to the better characters

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I don't give a **** how high I place. I'm going all Low-Tier at this cuz High tiers are boring. Brawl isn't srs business lol. Brawl is just a very stressful game which pisses people off. *** brawl.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Sorry but I can't make this guys, Birthday johns and all. Goodluck to Trio3 and Willz, you guys best be in the finals. I'll be at London.

Good one Willzarth, Brawl WiFi is srs business.

Aiko

Smash Champion
who's bringing setups for tomorrow?

so far i believe i have me and trio3.

Anyone else? Dooan? Jankai?

Price will be £10 if its 4 tv's, £6 if we have 2.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i would come aiko tell you truth i cant be botherd iv worked 6 days this week and i dont want to be traveling on my day off + im a bit out of shape havent brawled since i got back from france mybe next time i duno

Jolteon

tc since when does snake need a 2ndry? i guess no char NEEDS a 2ndry but it helps to always have one if u think a matchup where they have a slight favour and u could do better with the 2ndry, duno its your choice where as i think there geting at mk has no bad matchups
I know what they mean with mk's no bad matchups, but I know there's several tournament viable characters that don't need a secondary for and Andy's making it sound like mk is the only one. I believe if your "bad matchups" are around the area of 60:40 then you don't need to bother with a secondary, but rather focus on your main.

and if u think snake is better than mk then play more brawl
I know I'm not the only one with this opinion, Inui is another one. I'm fairly certain that even if I did play brawl seriously I'd still think snake is better.

also trio3 isnt a tier ***** for geting falco and marth lol hes just got sense of playing better chars than toon link to be better in the competitive scene and transferd his level of play to the better characters
I know, it was a joke since he always complains about counterpicking. :p

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Aiko or/and Smudge (whoever is hosting this) what is the latest possible time I can be? I'm aiming to be there for 11am, but if anything happens on my way here or I get lost in Manchester (I've never been to Manchester before) I will probably be late. So how late can I be may I ask?

Also if there pools for this? Is there a pot for doubles as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom