• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

sidefx

Smash Champion
i think a REAL list of EVERYONE in norcal should be made. cause everyone knows there are players inbetween the lines, that are there, but dont want to be there, or are too inactive..

but i think a list should be made just for ****s and giggles and fill in the spaces where people who arent active enough but still play are on it, just to see how it looks =D

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
i think a REAL list of EVERYONE in norcal should be made. cause everyone knows there are players inbetween the lines, that are there, but dont want to be there, or are too inactive..

but i think a list should be made just for ****s and giggles and fill in the spaces where people who arent active enough but still play are on it, just to see how it looks =D
That'd be interesting to see. Isai, King, Lord, AznSpikes, AznDanny, & foxroar are good candidates for the gray-spots of the rankings. There'll probably be a huge bias and an unacceptable margin of error with it, which is why it probably won't work well.

I wonder who else would be a good candidate. Where you at Perpetual Zero, or SAM THE FALCO.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
is mexican gonna start playing again?

meep should start playing again, he's still priy gud
mexican plays like once a month with me now since hes all caught up in his work.

hes so busy, he still hasnt given me my tv from genesis lol

and meep plays all brawl now. he'll play melee friendlies if u ask him tho. he still has a kick *** luigi and marth.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i would imagine a revenge killer weavile should use pursuit instead of night slash

i honestly think we have enough 'consistent+good' people to extend the rankings to at least 25

in no order and off the top of my head; dp, zelgadis, sidefx, zoap, alan, the___cheese, ky, darrell, obey, sfat

that's just off the top of my head and not counting semi-actives like the king, choknater, mexican, meep, ininja, mikkuz, pewpewu, whoever

edit: and MYSELF, though i will be top 5 next period anyway so no worries about me being in the 16-25 range

sidefx

Smash Champion
personally i think it should stop at top 10, cause after that it gets so hard to say whos better than who, since after top 10 the skill level usually drops and blurs out enough to make it almost dumb to rank 11-25 or whatever it is.

top 10 is easy and efficient =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
but there's no point in ranking the 'easy' people, since everyone knows how good they are anyway

people don't need us to tell them jeff is **** good!

give us mediocre players something to set goals by

sidefx

Smash Champion
true dat true dat

edit: perhaps we should get a couple of us mediocre people and come up with a 16-25 ranking since we know our bracket better than the top 10 know us =D if that makes sense..

Shroomed

Smash Master
i think a 16-25 would be a great idea

i would imagine some ppl are disheartened (if that's the word) by looking at the list cuz they're like we cant beat any of those guys

a 16-25 would be a good goal for them to go for

i wanna get top 3 in these rankings tho

one of these days it'll happen.....one day soon

where the **** is all our tournaments

MacD

Banned via Administration
don't make it easy to get on a PR, doesn't that kind of ruin the competitive spirit, like if anyone can be on it, what's the point of trying hard to get on/move up

you have a bunch of players you named that if they step it up could easily be on the PR, why just cop out and just make it longer, how does that help the region as a whole get better (assuming everyone in the end wants to get better)

Shroomed

Smash Master
what pocky said rey, baby steps

my first step was to get on the PR (done)

then it was to be top 10 (done)

next up is top 3

THEN BEAT JEFF AND BECOME NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know paul's number one but we see him once in a blue moon

joeplicate

Smash Master
ranking inactive players is a terrible idea

they don't deserve to be ranked; they're not active

why would you bring so much speculation into a PR, isn't it supposed to be as concrete and accurate as possible?

pockyD

Smash Legend
don't make it easy to get on a PR, doesn't that kind of ruin the competitive spirit, like if anyone can be on it, what's the point of trying hard to get on/move up

you have a bunch of players you named that if they step it up could easily be on the PR, why just cop out and just make it longer, how does that help the region as a whole get better (assuming everyone in the end wants to get better)
because nobody's actual goal is to "get on the PR"; it's to reach a certain number

by stopping the PR at 15 when there's enough data to have 20-25, you're telling everyone that they need to shoot for at least #15, which is pretty rough for most people not in the group that i mentioned and/or are of comparable skill already

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
all ima say is

my marth pretty much sucks

ima go all fox this period and be ranked high again ^_^

well idk if i can, i think my fox is outdated lol. i need to learn double shines and shine-bairs to be any good with fox now

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'd be down to do 16-whatever, I wanted to do 20 in the first place. However at some point we don't have enough information to really accurately rank people, and putting people in a definite ranking gives the impression that we do (like significant figures), which is where a list of honorable mentions comes in. 16-20 is probably doable, but there's really not much difference among 21-25, or not enough to put them in a definite order. Unless of course people would rather the panelists just take a guess.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
one day if i get good enough maybe i can make the list,
i gotta practice real hard,
its just wishful thinking tho

Top Bottom