• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

The King

Smash Ace
The seeds of something Epic in Forward's Great Adventure have just been planted, and you have all bare witness.

O_o

King Out

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Someone give me a cure for this fever stat! I need to smash tomorrow!!!!!

BTW Thanks for the backing. In case the dudes on the NCPR decide to wise up and let a sac panelist in, I leave me life in Tomi-X's hands.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Yaharr...the plunder in me troves lie deeper than yer may think.....

Not really :laugh:. But yeah I'll bring gas money, plus we'll get winnings from Yuba so it won't be much. I'll have an answer on whether we're going by tomorrow afternoon. I'm pretty sure we'll make the NCB but not so sure about Yuba. Meanwhiles you pwn that fever.

You know what I really want? A cape. No kidding. That would be great. Mebbe gold with purple trim. That would be the ****.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I saw a black guy in a tree with a shiny gold and silver cape once. Twasn't pretty.

Sounds super. Im at 99.0F right now so looks ill be good for sat. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: LMAOOOOO AT YOUR TROVES.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
roflmao bumpage for truth.. i believe the panel is going to make one since the ncb just happened? the results were strange so thisll be interesting

tc1

Smash Lord
will there be any NCB's in the near future and.. does any crew wana crew battle it doesn't have to be at a tourny..and since every 1's free for the next 3 weeks does any 1 wana smash if you can provide housing possibly 1 of these weekends.. WE CAN SMASH it up..hit me back or pm me or sumthing

all i have to say is every 1 is in a for a big surprize

Delphiki

Smash Champion
The list should be updated soon. I'm guessing it just depends on when the panel meets. Jon I'm guessing you were smashing with your crew over Spring Break?

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
Yo? um...what happened to the socal ranking...I went to MLG and one guy was higher than Ken!?! What the fawk!? who is PC media?...seriously...I been away from smash for awhile...i need to come back

Zoap

Smash Master
That and Ken got 5th and 7th were PC was in the Top 4. Also MLG is sucky at rankings, they dont weigh who beat who and the difficulty of the bracket etc.. they just give points to where u place.

tc1

Smash Lord
wow i know he was talking about pinocchio im not that dense, but what was i lying about noobs !!!^_-

all i said is theres a surprise WTF..

SuperRad

Smash Master
I wonder how a point system could be created that isn't based on where you place.
I guess you could use a system that involved giving points for a win, with more points given for a win over a person with more points. The system would be inaccurate at first (as everyone would have zero) but I think it would get moderately accurate after a while if everyone attended every tournament. Or if you scaled it somehow so that missing a tournament wouldn't drop you. Hmm, you would probably have to lose points when you lose to players that have less points then you, based on how far below you they were.

Just a quick thought, not that it's even as close to as accurate as what a panel would produce.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think what you're giving is like an ELO system. They use it in chess, but it gets really complicated I think. I don't know all the specifics. You can wiki it if you want.

But something like ELO would be too complex for Smash, I think, where most people want a quicker reference. The Regional Circuits are/will be running systems where you earn points for placings, that is of course until a better system can be devised. Then it would have to be implemented into all the Circuits once they go National.

I'd rather have something dependent upon the players you face.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Isn't that what they do at the Cordova Church biweeklies? Like rate you on how many stocks you had over your opponent, how much dmg you took, etc..

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Well I'm talking about only getting points for wins and losses. The TAB takes down points for EVERYTHING. Stocks, kills, SDs, DAMAGE GIVEN!!!!!! I think it's ridiculously pointless and time consuming to do that. It takes them three hours to run a double elim bracket, one match per round, with like between 10-15 people. -_-

Top Bottom