• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
no starting at 5:00 he starts calling the names for his moves out

DRAGON TWISTA!!!!!!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Panelists: let's update this soon. Phil and I were talking about Thursday night around 10. Pocky/Peter what do you say?

Also we were thinking about having the top 8 play out in tourneys now (i.e. 5th place and 7th place games).

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok

what's the point of playing out 5th/6th and 7th/8th if we don't pay them out? people won't take them seriously so they won't serve the intended purpose

Zoap

Smash Master
I should be home Thursday around that time, 10:30pm at the latest. I don't see a problem with playing them out, especially for someone like Dajuan who would take pride in getting 7th over 8th.

MacD

Banned via Administration
I should be home Thursday around that time, 10:30pm at the latest. I don't see a problem with playing them out, especially for someone like Dajuan who would take pride in getting 7th over 8th.
lol omg, that's exactly what i thought when i read pocky's post

and yay updated norcal rankings

pockyD

Smash Legend
but the fact of the matter is that results-wise, he (hypothetically) already did get 7th - he can only go down from there (win = keep your same position, lose = go down one)

now i've personally rarely been in a top 8 position, but i don't understand why people would even want to play with nothing to gain from that match and yet with something to lose

SuperRad

Smash Master
I head you guys were ONE PERSON away from finishing this.

Why isn't it done?!

edit:
To be fair, I know peter has run away from home and today was Super Bowl day. But I figure yesterday's tournament should have only given you who is the clear #15 for the list and then the rest remains mostly unchanged. [Unless you want to move Darrell up a little and Rey down more.]

Whatever though, it's not like I'm going to be ranked!

pockyD

Smash Legend
would you rather it be done fast or be done right?

you can wait a week now and have it look better for the next 2 months or you can have it this instant and whine/laugh/cry about it for the next 2 months

it's better to not do rankings at all than do them wrong, so there's zero point in rushing them or doing it just for the sake of doing it

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok i'll humor you

1: Silent Spectre
2: HomeMadeWaffles
3: Shroomed
4: Darrell
5: Scar
6: SFAT
7: Joe
8: TANG
9: Zelgadis