• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I shall bring my laptop for tio purposes.

And I might make an exception and enter this one time.

Time to do hw, and learn how to do pools in tio.

And I better not see Delphiki swarming me while I help set things up.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
...Is a burrito too much? Anybody? In case anyone doesn't know, when I host a biweekly I always take $5 out of 1st place prize so I can buy a burrito (for $4.95 exactly). Does anyone, like, seriously hate it when I do this, or anything? I'm just curious, is all.

Well, it's not the end of the world, but it's not a cool thing to do. If you take the 5 bucks out for food, then not enter, you're essentially taking ten dollars every tournament from the people who place 1-3. It's nothing thats gonna make anyone step over the edge and HATE you for it, it just makes people look down on you. I'm not saying anything negative, because I'm a neutral party, and you've helped norcal a lot by hosting a lot of these. The same thing can be said in your defense, but, its 5 bucks. Come on, don't be a cheapskate :-p. Everyone else pays the money to enter, then fronts their own money for food while they're there. You're pretty much getting a free ride the entire way.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Well, it's not the end of the world, but it's not a cool thing to do. If you take the 5 bucks out for food, then not enter, you're essentially taking ten dollars every tournament from the people who place 1-3. It's nothing thats gonna make anyone step over the edge and HATE you for it, it just makes people look down on you. I'm not saying anything negative, because I'm a neutral party, and you've helped norcal a lot by hosting a lot of these. The same thing can be said in your defense, but, its 5 bucks. Come on, don't be a cheapskate :-p. Everyone else pays the money to enter, then fronts their own money for food while they're there. You're pretty much getting a free ride the entire way.
well, i think you have to look at how much work kizzo puts in between setting up and putting stuff away. personally, i dont mind the $10 on principle, but it isn't coming from my winnings so I can't really say I'm the best party to weigh in on this.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Yeah I mean I'm sure the 1st place finisher could live without his/her $10, but it's the fact that it's $10 that they had rightfully earned and was taken from them. What I said was kind of a blanket statement though Kizzo, I wasn't directing that at you or anything. You and Mike have helped alot of Norcal improve, and I don't think we would be anywhere near as good as we are today (as a whole) without the NCB's :)

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
everybody else is quoting trebor so i thought i would too.

Doesnt anyone find it weird that a huge, pale, fat dude with a beard has the best little boy ness in the world. I sure do.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
what are u talking about NK? Tomi-X grew a beard?!

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hells yeah he did!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
well if its a 32 man bracket it will most likely be 16 pools top 2 advance. But seeing as it may only be like 64 ppl it might be 8 pools of 8 wit top 4 advancing. Either or works.
mmm pools... this sounds like fun. pools of 8 with top 4 advancing sounds good. that'd be 8 pools meaning 32 ppl which works out. a pool of 4 ppl just seems weird xD.

wheee can't wait ^^.
yea but again its all dependent on the # of people that show up. My perfect example of 64 would just be miraculous.
If there are 8 pools of 8 then it'll probably be top 3 from each pool advancing.

If there's more than 64, we'll probably have to consider scrapping pools altogether.

All will be determined when we see the turnout.

If you want, ask me about this at the tourney. Maybe you'll get a math lesson!

Prodigy, if you bring a laptop that'd be awesome.

Kizzo, at least share some of the burrito. Sheesh.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
If i somehow make it to this thing, I would love to team with you, KevMoney. As for you, Bob$, I've appointed myself the new president of your fanclub, seeing as I'm the last official member left in Cali. As such, I think it's only fair you MM me a bunch of times for $1 each :p

If I make it, depending on what means of transportation I acquire, I will do my best to bring a TV and my Wii, though I'm hesitant to haul around my baby (I gave my cube to a friend when I got a Wii :( noob move). Wish me luck in getting there, hope I get to play you guys.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord

I look like a bum now it's not even funny.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
give Zhu all the vids hes a superstar with them
he powerfuks the vids

PS dont be ont he ground vs Jeff he doesnt let u get up
PS ima win this Biweekly
just kidding mitchell will.
HEY BRANDON! no need for MM ill play u for free

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Mike666 or whoever knows the campus. What the closest drop off to the building? So I dont have to go sooo far on crutches??

Id appreciate for the info and that I can get there safely.

Since saturday its a holiday and yea ITS CRZY IN SJ on that day xD.

CINCO DE MAYO? iono how to spell it xD.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
**** Mike.

First of all get a bigger bed.

Second of all decorate your wall.

It looks like a prison in those photos.

With girly blankets.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Based on an e-mail I received minutes ago, Get Your Tournament's coverage has changed. We will be providing LIVE UPDATES of the team and singles competition from San Jose State University.

So stay tuned Saturday afternoon/evening to get your fix.

AND AND AND AND

I purchase a splitter (I think that's what it's called), so my capabilities to record videos has tripled. I do plan to record as many matches as possible. This is actually a test run; if all goes well, then I know I'll be able to do the same when the Mega Bowl rolls around later this month.

--GCII

KazeOfTheWind

Smash Rookie
Ughhh...My partner and I sucked so bad today. Ah well, it was our first bi weekly ^_^ Hopefully the next time we can actually learn something except peoples names -_-

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i knew forward would ****. grats bobby on getting 2nd, grats to BTZO and bernard for good performances as well. lunin too. hm, narf and zhu also. i like the results

gm4n

Smash Cadet
Just for clarification (Tomi-X) that Frosty guy is Frotaz. And that match was recorded.

SuperRad

Smash Master
quick, quick shoutouts:
people that beat me in singles: hooray
jeff is funny
hella is funny
ice ninja sky is stoned/drunk
i didnt say hi to vans earlier (sorry!)
forward is too good for norcal
ian's puff is bomb-diggity
dred's fox and falco are crazy
i want to see your video falcomist when it is done
scamp/drgn/other sac guy are all sleepy heads
kawn doesn't like smash
snap has short hair now
sheridan is a monster
btzo should be top 1 on power rankings
mc mike should be top 2 on power rankings
forty taze is an angry fellow (MOTHER****ING ROY!)
bob is good
nk is.... loud? yeah. that works.
mikesixsixsix is a good host
tomi-x has a **** falcon (OR I JUST SUCK LOL)
pkid doesn't enter singles
glenn records videos and has a cool website
zhu is zhu bat is good at smash

and my one word to describe smash is: hard

i probably forgot a lot of people. sorry.

Top Bottom