• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
....................................................That party was freakin' sick hahaha! Yeah there'll be a biweekly this Saturday.

The King

Smash Ace
Wait, so you're having a biweekly this Saturday? The same Saturday as that Biweekly in Modesto? That is unfortunate. *Sigh*.

King Out

The King

Smash Ace
yea, but come on now, wouldnt u rather be at the place that's hella hot and hella smelly? :laugh:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Funny you should say that, because that's exactly where I'm going to be. But it isn't San Jose. Nor is it Modesto. :chuckle:

King Out

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
yea, but come on now, wouldnt u rather be at the place that's hella hot and hella smelly? :laugh:
Lol forrealz huh?

Although the TGE's are fun, the payout/turnout/other examples you guys can think of, make the NCB's more appealing, but that is just my opinion, some of you may like them more, I know I like more space in a room...haha but the NCB's are closer, so there's alot more people to play.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Wait, so you're having a biweekly this Saturday? The same Saturday as that Biweekly in Modesto? That is unfortunate. *Sigh*.

King Out
I was never aware that Modesto had biweeklies offset to ours (I only go to this thread haha). Anybody think I should resync them sometime in the future?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I was never aware that Modesto had biweeklies offset to ours (I only go to this thread haha). Anybody think I should resync them sometime in the future?
yeah, it would be nice ^_^ it's always cool to have some ncb regulars come down here for a change. heck, i would even head up there to SJ if i could. ic's ftw.

then again, if people like king and foxroar come again, i cannot win :p.

so him... do i choose... more people, better players, better turnout?
or easier money?

i choose... LoL i dunnOzz... ReD RaNgEr~!!

Zoap

Smash Master
keep it for this weekend then desync it later, too many ppl have planned for it this weekend.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
ic's ftw.
Zoap said:
desync it later
Coincidence? I don't think so:chuckle: don't ask XD.

Ok, from the looks of it, Karthik isn't going to this one, so I suppose I'll be running it, any requests for teams signups, like what would be more convenient for you all with still finishing in a good amount of time? Unfortunately I can't wait for anyone anymore, so there's going to be a strict time schedule, sorry guys, but the tournaments are going to slow for me always waiting.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i'm okay, i'm about as good as that sidefx dude, cept with less chain grabs (why? because i can't) and more mindgames

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
GERMan you need to go to sleep earlier.

Okay, I strongly suggest we start the team tournament no later than 12. Maybe even 11 or so. Saying 1 then starting at 2 is ridiculous. Looking at Shadow's post(s) it seems like he'll strongly favor this as well.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I find this to be ideal:

11:30 a.m. - Teams Signups
12:00 p.m. - Bracket Creation
12:30 p.m. - Teams Begins

* As the Teams Semifinals is about to begin, take Singles singups. And call break at that point.

Whoever is running the tournament should create the bracket and THEN go out to eat after they have done so. If you set a specific time for Singles to start when you call the break, and the person in-charge isn't there, you should have 3 pre-determined subs so that person can call the first round matches during the Teams absolute-finals.

I find this schedule to be ideal. You can alter it or w/e. Just post a schedule beforehand. I might go to this. However, I won't be directing anything. If I go to this, I'll be attending Singles maybe and possibly Teams. [edit] Most likely not.

See you all the fundraiser. <3

SuperRad

Smash Master
if you are going to set a time for teams, please please please please! post it here sometime friday. personally i think starting signups at 12, teams starting at 12:30 would work well, but i dont have nearly as much experience as you all do. just make sure the time is known in advance so i dont show up at 12 and be too late for teams (effectively screwing over who i was going to team with, as well as I).

PHD

Smash Apprentice
I need a ride to this one if anyone is willing to take me. And if I do get there, I'll need someone to team up with as well.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I find this to be ideal:

11:30 a.m. - Teams Signups
12:00 p.m. - Bracket Creation
12:30 p.m. - Teams Begins

* As the Teams Semifinals is about to begin, take Singles singups. And call break at that point.

Whoever is running the tournament should create the bracket and THEN go out to eat after they have done so. If you set a specific time for Singles to start when you call the break, and the person in-charge isn't there, you should have 3 pre-determined subs so that person can call the first round matches during the Teams absolute-finals.

I find this schedule to be ideal. You can alter it or w/e. Just post a schedule beforehand. I might go to this. However, I won't be directing anything. If I go to this, I'll be attending Singles maybe and possibly Teams. [edit] Most likely not.

See you all the fundraiser. <3
Uh...times okay, but don't even start the whole, "brackets first" nonsense that I've been hearing. Normally I don't even take signups until I get back, because I announced that there was a lunch break, I need one too, I can't just leave during the tournament. So lunch break kinda means I leave for lunch, at previous tournaments I left and then did sign ups. Although it was the post was portrayed indirect, it was directed towards me, plz don't tell me how to run tournaments. Yeah pretty defensive, and not intended to be offensive at all, but that kinda annoyed me when people said it:p .

BTW those are the times I've been using, so I'll stick to them then. Like I said though the time schedule is going to be strict, so teams signups will end at 12:00 sharp, I'm not going to hold it any longer guys sorry. There's been way too many complaints about time. So if you want to make it for teams, then I'd advise that you be there early, or at least around 11:30.

EDIT: Whoa.....Recipherus........

Top Bottom