• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
KizzoGirl said:
And also thanks to Art and AfroJustin for coming in as well, having me stay until 3 in the morning to play with you guys haha. But those were some incredibly fun matches, I must say. And no I wasn't really angry at all at your Pikachus - you guys hella started "reading" me and just coming straight at me out of nowhere and crap and it confused me heh. But yeah - "I've never seen a Marth so gay" haha.

Next time Bluu, Hung, Arturo, and AfroJustin.
thank YOU for allowing us to stay well past 3am. that was fun. tiring, stressful, and depressing, but fun.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Asian DBR? Why not go for a more creative name, haha.

Does it have to be Asians only? Sheridan's pretty cool.

Sheik - Erm, yeah. Cough.
Link - Mitchell, hands down.
Fox - Rey, hands down.
Falcon - Jeff, hands down.
Samus - Smooth Criminal, hands down.
Puff - I say Sheridangerous wins this, hands down.
Falco - Myko, X_CALibur and Snike should fight it out.
Peach - Yen, Zeldafreak and Scamp should fight it out.
Doc - If Snike fails for Falco, I nominate Snike.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
djkarthik said:
Asian DBR? Why not go for a more creative name, haha.

Does it have to be Asians only? Sheridan's pretty cool.

Sheik - Erm, yeah. Cough.
Link - Mitchell, hands down.
Fox - Rey, hands down.
Falcon - Jeff, hands down.
Samus - Smooth Criminal, hands down.
Puff - I say Sheridangerous wins this, hands down.
Falco - Myko, X_CALibur and Snike should fight it out.
Peach - Yen, Zeldafreak and Scamp should fight it out.
Doc - If Snike fails for Falco, I nominate Snike.

lol not asians only...it's just a clan.. (No more asian dbr)...

Sheik = Kurtis, Karthik, Danny (or any other sheik that's good) fight for the title.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Ok, let's do this. How are we determining who is what?

Obviously, Link (Mitchell), Fox (Rey), Puff (Sheridan) and Falcon (Jeff) need no competition.

There's still debate on Sheik, Falco, Peach, Doc, and Samus.

The Realist

Smash Cadet
This is probably a stupid question, but who was the youngest to enter in a tourny? I'd like to enter in this weekend's tourny, but I don't know how I'll get a ride. Also, I'm not very good, but I want to see what a tourny is like, and get my *** whupped. Hah.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
lol not asians only...it's just a clan.. (No more asian dbr)...

Sheik = Kurtis, Karthik, Danny (or any other sheik that's good) fight for the title.
Uh...I've beaten all of them at one point or another, and haven't lost, but uh....whatever, I'm not trippin, also for Samus I nominate SonicWYTE....he's gotten pretty good lately, we'll see at this next biweekly, I don't know if he'll make it, but I'll figure somethin out to get there.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
The Realist said:
This is probably a stupid question, but who was the youngest to enter in a tourny?
Lunin's little brother RAGE was the youngest I've ever seen, but I don't know at all how old he is. He's pretty good though, so watch out haha.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
He's 10 and he infinites with the controlstick. (he doesn't use Y/X for the fox infinite against peach)

YEAH
WOOO
yeah!
*ROAR*

BTZO

It's not a nomination thing dude. hahahahaha...anybody is elligible...just fight for the title (you can fight for the title)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well, in that case I may as well fight for Marth/Sheik/Ice Climbers as well.

And this is a clan and not a crew, correct?

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
The only good thing about getting your appendix removed is that about the only three things you can do are sleep, eat, and play Super Smash Bros. I've improve technically so much more in the missed week of school that I had and the bound to be completely wasted spring beek in bed. I've been playing 4-5 hours a day for the past week and a half and I've improved 200% technically with Falco. I can even wavedash out my downairs now. Maybe it's just a vicodin hallucination though... :)

I'll play for the Falco crown, even though I'll probably lose. I think I've gotten better, so I can maybe beat Myko. ;)

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Lunin: Hahaha, I know, aight then, I'll battle anyone who wants the spot for Shiek, and if I lose then I have my Marth too...and too many other chars, we'll just see this weekend then.

What's the difference between a crew and a clan?....heh

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
You tryout and challenge for a clan.

Even if you're in a crew now (BP/Cruxis)...you can still join. It's more of a mini-competition thing and Best players of norcal (Sorry DBR players are not good enough to tryout for this stuff). ...Then we will murder DBR with our clan. :)

This also gives you competition within your own field. If you want to be known as the best Marth in NorCal...or best Fox/Falcon etc, this will do good for you. Anybody wanna fox ditto?

Vote AndyS.--the next Isai.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I guess this could be called the ditto clan.

The reason is that ditto matches aren't really the best way to determine who has the best of a character. This is because there's more to a character than fighting yourself. For example, I am not so great with Peach dittos, but I'll do much better than most Peaches if you put me up against a Falco.

Dittos, however, are the easiest way to determine who's better. So I'm all for it.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Scamp said:
I guess this could be called the ditto clan.

The reason is that ditto matches aren't really the best way to determine who has the best of a character. This is because there's more to a character than fighting yourself. For example, I am not so great with Peach dittos, but I'll do much better than most Peaches if you put me up against a Falco.

Dittos, however, are the easiest way to determine who's better. So I'm all for it.
Yeah...uh...Sheik dittos aren't that great, because of chain throwing and ****, I mean, I've never lost Sheik dittos through chain throwing, but it's made them hella close.

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
LunInSpectra said:
Vote AndyS.--the next Isai.
I hope this post won't contribute to people harassing me when they find out I'm not as good as Isai *cough*East Coast*cough*. Why Isai anyways?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
DBR members are in the big fight now. For the Ditto Crew.

There's a whole new thread for it now. Check it out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LunInSpectra said:
Choknater? You see when he joined and how many posts he has!? Probably from teamscape or a pro...

It's a clan.
lol, i'm not as great as you think. but i certainly have a bit of experience.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Wow.. you guys have been around for awhile. That's a lot of posts, Choknater.

You're finally coming down huh? Let's get some friendlies in.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Yeah, Ender and Simna have came down here before, you should ask them.

[edit]

EVERYONE! PLEASE BRING YOUR GCs

I got a ride, but I'll be a little late. Peter, if you could do Single signups again, that'd be great. I'll be there to do the bracket and host the Singles tournament. Let's make this a crazy asss tournament. Get ready for the first day of the NCB Ditto Challenge too.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Sorry to tell you this guys, but there may not be a tournament tomorrow. I asked my advisor to put in a request to have MacQuarrie Hall open for tomorrow, but he forgot. Unless he responds to the email I just sent him, the building won't be open, and we won't be able to play. Please stay up on this forum in case there is a change of plans. Inform everyone. Sorry.

[And no, I won't host it anywhere else or any other time. Too many variables.]

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Guys, check for updates in the morning.

Kizzo go there in the morning to see if it's open, and post. Hopefully the show goes on.

Incase the show can't go on, maybe we can push this biweekly to next week rather than have to wait another 2 weeks. We'll figure something out. Let's just wait now. Thanks for letting us know Kizzo.

Please spread the word.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I, myself, was very much looking forward to this weekend too. I'll surely be there just to make sure the building isn't open. I'll also do a better job of making sure it's open by getting confirmation sooner than the night before. Sorry.

Top Bottom