• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***NorCal: (707)[FAIRFIELD] WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING FOR!!*****

soju

SD God
. . . dude . . . I can rant all day about how fake pro wrestling is. . .

Pro Wrestling is scripted as ****, half of the hits they throw don't even
land, and the winner is predetermined before the match, the way the
person moves after being "hit", all that tumbling and that hard jerking,
in real life would cause a major concussion, the same thing with the blood
in wrestling, no open wounds, seems to heal instantaneously, and the fact
that a "severe gash" they get when getting hit by the pole or a chair to the
head should not stop bleeding for at least 20 minutes without medical help
since blood rushes to the head because of increased heartrate. Not to mention
their "beyond human" stamina. When Wrestling does become real, and the wrestlers
actually have a chance of getting seriously hurt, that only means that the
wrestlers aren't doing their job right.

Do you want me to continue?

Don't get me wrong Holgan was kick-*** but the sport(if you can even call it that)
was not.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
You mixed up the upper and lower case characters
why so serious?

not goin to GSG this weekend,RAMnation friday.
mad hype im going becuase armon is moving to so cal and his roomate is combofeen.
so cal wont know what hit them when armon heads down there.

their "beyond human" stamina. When Wrestling does become real, and the wrestlers

Don't get me wrong Holgan was kick-*** but the sport(if you can even call it that)
was not.
your right about scripting but your wrong about the actual wreslting part. looks like someone doesnt watch japenese wrestling..

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
btw im trying to come down tonight for melee... becuase i think im going to be in fairfield till the end of the weekend.melee/Ramnation/helping CJ move

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman

was not.
well we can all agree that the matches are predetermined,but I would have to disagree with everything else.the fact that they don't get a concussion from tumbling around like that means they know what they're doin to avoid it,and the reason the wounds heal so fast is because the cuts are in the forehead which would bleed a lot with the smallest cut but heal up really easy.the whole stamina thing can be put to a bunch of athletes and sports as well,a wrestling match can last on average for 15 minutes but compared to a football game thats just as physical if not more but lasts for a few hours it doesn't seem nearly as long.as for wrestling bein real I can't say it is but I can say the moves are.I can count dozens of people who were injured from the simplest of moves,Misawa died from a back suplex and that man had gone through the most brutal moves.just so you know WWE isn't the only company that does wrestling,im pretty sure you're one of those MMA guys so you might wanna check out Battlarts because they have a similar style.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
yeah I checked out the episode when they introduced everyone,its like AAA with a bunch of indy wrestlers from ROH and other company's which shouldn't be bad at all.but then again it is MTV...

soju

SD God
Ok, I never said it was the tumbling that caused concussions, its the fact that the hit is
so "strong" that it makes them tumble. The way they jerk there head shows there is enough
force from the punch or kick to cause enough trauma to the brain to completely knock them
out.
The wounds on the other hand, yes they heal fast, but you keep on punching the head
it will reopen just as fast and easy as it healed, plus, even if the wounds did reopen.
No scar damage on wrestler faces after matches? In pro wrestling they use bare knuckles
which cuts the skin much much easier then gloves, and the shape of the knuckles would
cause major bruising, swelling, and keep the cut open for at least the whole match which
causes scarring.
Stamina on the other hand, pro wrestling goes 15 minutes straight, while other sports have
rest periods, now I've done MMA and Kajukenbo(karate) so I know how winded you get
after even short periods of fighting. 15 minutes is way to long for anyone. Period.

soju

SD God
Now I've never said the origins of the moves are fake, just the application in Pro Wrestling.
The moves are all too real, and I know the damage it can do since I've been on both the
receiving end and the one doing the actual moves. Yes a simple move like a back suplex
can indeed kill a person with ease, no matter how strong or how much you can endure you
cannot strengthen your bones, he most likely died either because of a spinal fracture or
a slip disk which even though not common, are far too easy to do.

After watching a match Battlarts and NJPW I can't say that it isn't real, it looks like
a brute battle but I can tell they hold back a lot of their hits.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
closed fisted punches aren't legal in wrestling,its more like a slap with the knuckles folded but if you really wanna see a wrestler with a bunch of scars look up Sabu or New Jack.also in wrestling its not straight slams and clotheslines,submissions are also a really big factor in a match.Samoa Joe is 6'2 250+lb guy and he has wrestled 3 1 hour long matches and one of the main reasons he could do that was because he paced himself with submissions,there's more to it than offense.also he died of spinal injury I believe,in Japan they really like to slam the hell out of each other and doin that for thee 20+ years that he did would have a very bad effect on the bones.I mean he did live through the 90's which was the year of "hey lets drop each other on our head every other move".

soju

SD God
The knuckle is a bone that sticks out, slapping is more of a whipping motion which leads to easier
cuts, a lot of people dont know but with the right momentum the elbow and knuckles can
cut right through the skin. I'm not to familiar with the rules of Pro Wrestling, but I barely see
any submission holds the ref doesnt break up. Is there a time limit? And even with submissions
you get tired too easy, MMA some matches are strictly ground game which is mostly
trying to submit the opponent and they get tired too quickly.

Bones no matter what age, with the wrong movement, can snap with great
ease. He's just lucky to have survived that long, continuous drops can also
move the spinal disks out of place, involving paralysis, that's why all contact
sports are risky.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
depending on what the submission is or if the rope was grabbed there's a 5 second count until it will be broken up.like its not legal to choke someone out,your arm can't be around the throat but under the chin.other than that most of them are broken up so the time limit of the match(sometimes only 10 minutes)won't be exceeded,resulting in a draw and messing up anything they were trying to set up.in pro wrestling there are way too many submission moves so its hard to really narrow down whats legal or not but one thing is the submissions aren't really put on 100%,its usually just enough to hurt what ever they're working on(arm,leg,head)enough to slow them down and not let them do their big moves.I do agree on the bone thing though,I believe the main reason why he lasted so long was because in Japan you don't wrestle every week but only a few times every other month.

soju

SD God
Ok, just making sure, so I'm guessing they just time the submissions
that will cause an easy tapout. And yea, the Japanese one looks a lot
more legit then this American crap = =ll Though I don't think its totally
legit. XD

Rou

Smash Rookie
shes so easy to combo with all you have to do is hit buttons.....awesome ryan ^^
nah man C-ryougi actually has links on her more damaging combos. You have to catch with 5bb or 2c right before they hit the ground on a lot of her relaunch stuff.

I learned almost all of this last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRMv_SgOiI

Or you could just use the first BnB and be done with it but I wanna style on people

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
I could have went to GSG with Andre today but I didn't really feel like it,also Tracy Vern used to fall asleep to combo videos so you aren't alone.

Top Bottom