• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nobody expects the forward B

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
use it to get back to the stage sometimes

if you land on a platform with it there's almost no lag and if they try to hit you they get hit by it a lot anyway and you grab the ledge. saved my life in tourneys before

don't use it all the time though

Hawk_Man

Smash Rookie
Aerial foward b just seems so risky though. It's easy to get above Ganon and spike him while he's in the air, I would think. I'll let the pros talk about it >___>

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
it is risky, but ganon's recovery is crap and easily readable most of the time, it can be a tricky way to sneak back on to the stage.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
use it to get back to the stage sometimes

if you land on a platform with it there's almost no lag and if they try to hit you they get hit by it a lot anyway and you grab the ledge. saved my life in tourneys before

don't use it all the time though
C.FALC AND GANNONS FOWARD B DONT GRAB THE LEDGE.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
don't use it, they suck, up b is much better

i only use it when there are platforms and there is absolutely not way of the opponent hitting you when you land

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
No one expects the falcon kick either, because of how horribly bad it is and the large lag.

However, I use it vs marth sometimes (yes vs a marth that doesnt suck)

and by sometimes I mean it is in no way at all part of my CF vs Marth playstyle, but randomness can sometimes yield good results, I find.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've used this plenty of times, and if DOES work. It has saved me a lot, because if you do it while moving forward, it stops and pulls back a bit and sometimes throws off an edgeguarder. Unfortunately, it can be caped rather easily and this killed me once.

I was gonna suggest this in my own thread, but I didn't know how people would respond...so i didn't. I was waiting till I got video evidence of it working well.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I use this once in a while, but, one big problem is when they run out to you, anyways, you hit them with a side-b, and then you plummet to your death because you hit them. :x.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I use this once in a while, but, one big problem is when they run out to you, anyways, you hit them with a side-b, and then you plummet to your death because you hit them. :x.
agreed, ive had some funny gdorf deaths due to thinking that im cool and ill forward B to the stage then i just hit them.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
a good idea is to aim for the platform, not the ledge, that way when they come to hit you, and your forward b activates early, you drop and grab the ledge (because you have further to fall)

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I don't use it much because someone could just jump up and get hit by your SideB so you just fall to ur death... >.<

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
a good idea is to aim for the platform, not the ledge, that way when they come to hit you, and your forward b activates early, you drop and grab the ledge (because you have further to fall)
But, usually in that case, I don't feel a need to use up-b or side-b, either way.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
C.FALC AND GANNONS FOWARD B DONT GRAB THE LEDGE.
GANNON-BANNED!!!

I only use the aerial Forward B with Falcon, and that's only to send them down in a spike if they're coming after me.

I believe you can grab the ledge, after you tumble out of the animation, into your fall animation.

The problem with Ganondorf's Aerial forward B, is that it doesn't spike, and sends opponents upward. It has a short range, and you stop going forward once you hit your opponent. It has pretty poor knockback in the air too.

Not saying it can't work, it's just pretty risky.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually, sending them up and away is safer

falcon's forward b is a meteor, so they can cancel and attack back, or just let you be

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
actually, sending them up and away is safer

falcon's forward b is a meteor, so they can cancel and attack back, or just let you be
In my experience, knocking them up only sets them up to hit me, if I land on the stage. That's just me. I can see how the up and away would be safe though. I'd just rather keep my opponent below me in that situation.

psicicle

Smash Ace
I think most of the time airdodge would work better, forward B doesn't have much more reach and up B is less punishable against slower characters. So forward B recovery is very situational.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
The only time it's fathomable is for tech chase, or wreckin *****es' shields cause they can't sheld grab (unless they're link)

2 foward B's followed with a stomp = SHIELD BREAK WARLOCK PUNCH/UTILT COMBO
read the thread please, or at least the first post, i'm talking about recovery options, not attack or approach options.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I found the aerial over b to be a great defensive strategy to get you of combos and bad positions, because as the thread states, no one expects it. example. you tech roll after being thrown get on your feet and do a backwards hop to aerial overb towards the opponent.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
I found the aerial over b to be a great defensive strategy to get you of combos and bad positions, because as the thread states, no one expects it. example. you tech roll after being thrown get on your feet and do a backwards hop to aerial overb towards the opponent.
whats awesome is if you do it an inch off the ground, there's almost no lag if you dont hit anything, so cool stuff

Renth

Smash Hero
why is this thread 2 pages long? look it's simple as this

DON'T USE IT LIKE THAT
you will be killed everytime and if your not then your oppoent sucks

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
GANNON-BANNED!!!

I only use the aerial Forward B with Falcon, and that's only to send them down in a spike if they're coming after me.

I believe you can grab the ledge, after you tumble out of the animation, into your fall animation.

The problem with Ganondorf's Aerial forward B, is that it doesn't spike, and sends opponents upward. It has a short range, and you stop going forward once you hit your opponent. It has pretty poor knockback in the air too.

Not saying it can't work, it's just pretty risky.
Exactly what I was going to say. The cons heavily outweigh the pros and is very very rarely worth using.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
the up-tilt doesn't suck i kill people with it all the time especially in ganon dittos.
You can use other moves that are less dangerous and accomplish the same goal. The u-tilt is for showing off. And if you kill people with it, they need to learn to ledge tech.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I only use the forward b to recover is if I'm on the edge and I hit them with my up b...then while I'm falling i do a forward b close to the ground and you get almost no lag...

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I only use the forward b to recover is if I'm on the edge and I hit them with my up b...then while I'm falling i do a forward b close to the ground and you get almost no lag...
If the case is you just hit them with an up-b, fast falling into a waveland would be more efficient in every possible way.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I don't use the forward b that often. In fact, almost never in a serious game unless it's a Samus or Falco. Other than that it can really get you punished fiercely for just trying it, especially against fast opponents.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I specifically remember Joe Bushman telling me to NEVER EVER use it. No matter what. Never, under any circumstances.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
lol i used it only once and i ended up getting edgehogged; i wouldnt use it again even if my life depended on it. as a launcher however, it serves its purpose and is best used when on the ground and most likely as a tech chase after a stomp.

Top Bottom