• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I am as far as loading up the cheat menu list available for SMASH BRAWL US. NOW.... which modifier do I MODIFY to get tripping to 0??? is it STATUS MODIFIER? COLOR MODIFIER? CHARACTER MODIFIER? GRAVITY MODIFIER? DEFENSE RATIO MODIFIER? OR ATTACK RATIO MODIFIER? PLEASE HELP ME IM DYING TO PLAY BRAWL W/O TRIPPING!!
....................................................................................................

Dude...there's a video guide for this ****, not hard to find. And we're not using Smash Bawl US now, wtf, we're using an SD card.

Revven

FrankerZ
I am as far as loading up the cheat menu list available for SMASH BRAWL US. NOW.... which modifier do I MODIFY to get tripping to 0??? is it STATUS MODIFIER? COLOR MODIFIER? CHARACTER MODIFIER? GRAVITY MODIFIER? DEFENSE RATIO MODIFIER? OR ATTACK RATIO MODIFIER? PLEASE HELP ME IM DYING TO PLAY BRAWL W/O TRIPPING!!
...The code for no tripping is in the first post, just replace XXXXXXXX with 00000000 and enable (check it off when you've stored to modifications) and export it as a .gct onto your SD Card. I really hope I don't have to copy and paste the code that's IN the first post of this thread.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
...The code for no tripping is in the first post, just replace XXXXXXXX with 00000000 and enable (check it off when you've stored to modifications) and export it as a .gct onto your SD Card. I really hope I don't have to copy and paste the code that's IN the first post of this thread.
no man. so when I go down the list of Code Modifications when I see XXXXXXXX i replace it w/ 00000000 and then i hit check all the boxes that had XXXXXXXXX and i replaced with 0's and then i export it as .gct???

Revven

FrankerZ
no man. so when I go down the list of Code Modifications when I see XXXXXXXX i replace it w/ 00000000 and then i hit check all the boxes that had XXXXXXXXX and i replaced with 0's and then i export it as .gct???
No no no no...

Just watch (<---- link incase you can't tell) how he does it. I'll even be nice and post the code with the value included in the code for you. Just follow what he does and you should be good.

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

That will give you no tripping, now, just watch the video tutorial and follow it step by step.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
No no no no...

Just watch (<---- link incase you can't tell) how he does it. I'll even be nice and post the code with the value included in the code for you. Just follow what he does and you should be good.

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

That will give you no tripping, now, just watch the video tutorial and follow it step by step.
are you talking about the video tutorial installing the HBC? cuz all i see in the first page is 2 vids on how to install HBC and then 1 vid w/ the tripping effect set to 0 and then 1 regular vid showing standard tripping rate. please if there is a tutorial vid on how to apply the codes to take off tripping please post it. wuz it possible that i downloaded a wrong version of ocarina or is there only one?? IM SORRY MAN for pissing you off, im a total noob w/ this.

Revven

FrankerZ
are you talking about the video tutorial installing the HBC? cuz all i see in the first page is 2 vids on how to install HBC and then 1 vid w/ the tripping effect set to 0 and then 1 regular vid showing standard tripping rate. please if there is a tutorial vid on how to apply the codes to take off tripping please post it. wuz it possible that i downloaded a wrong version of ocarina or is there only one?? IM SORRY MAN for pissing you off, im a total noob w/ this.
Dude, it's a video that shows you how to use the PC application. Watch the video! It's not in the related videos... it's the one directly that I linked you to.

I'll even make it easier, it's called: Tutorial for "Ocarina" on the Homebrew Channel - CHEATS device. It's not about installing the HBC, it's about how to use Ocarina as a whole, watch the whole thing.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Dude, it's a video that shows you how to use the PC application. Watch the video! It's not in the related videos... it's the one directly that I linked you to.

I'll even make it easier, it's called: Tutorial for "Ocarina" on the Homebrew Channel - CHEATS device. It's not about installing the HBC, it's about how to use Ocarina as a whole, watch the whole thing.
OOO...wow. hahah. i didnt even see the link. it looks so much like the regular text. sorry.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, not in the first post, the video he posted in his post. I'll post it here as well, just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LVKN2f1YI

Just in case that's not clear, open the Code Manager. In the top left-hand corner, in the little box where it says "Game ID" enter "RSBE01". Click "Add a code/comment/category" in the bottom left-hand corner. Enter the name of the code -- in this case, "No Tripping", and click OK. In the white space above that button you clicked, there should be, at the top, "No Tripping" should be there. Highlight it and then click in the box that says "Code Contents" and paste

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

in there. Click "Store Modifications" on the bottom, and then "Export to GCT", also on the bottom. (Make sure your SD Card is connected to your PC at the moment) Click "Store" (not "Store to File", simply "Store") in the window that pops up. Make sure Brawl is in your Wii. Now, put your SD Card in your Wii, start up the Homebrew Channel, load up the Ocarina, and press A when it prompts you to on the black screen. It should then load up Brawl, and "No Tripping" should be enabled.

Hope that helped.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ganon, when someone says watch a video, ans they;'re trying to help, watch the mother****ing video. I's like right there on the front page.

Good God.

Anyways, anyone working on HITSTUN yet?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
This might be just me, but I think we should leave hitstun alone. Taking out tripping is fine, but changing the game physics itself?

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyways, anyone working on HITSTUN yet?
Two people as far as I know and, one is probably much farther along though I'm not 100% sure.

1) LeeHarris of the SBR and Wifiwars
2) FoxySigma (not very far along, probably is waiting for more help from Phantom Wings who will be away for a few days to a week).

We won't know anything for awhile, AFAIK.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Two people as far as I know and, one is probably much farther along though I'm not 100% sure.

1) LeeHarris of the SBR and Wifiwars
2) FoxySigma (not very far along, probably is waiting for more help from Phantom Wings who will be away for a few days to a week).

We won't know anything for awhile, AFAIK.
I do not hack the wii but I cannot see as to why this would be taking such a long time for hitstun.
Assuming that they based it off melee there should be a value of hitstun.

Hmm I'll ask Parasyte it may be that Harrish and wifiwars simply do not ahave the tools they need to analyze the game.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
If we're taking out tripping, why not hack as much as possible. (Please ignore my attitude in the other thread, I was arguing about tournament legality, not hacking.)

I love hacking and I love the color alt so I hope people continue to hack.

GofG

Smash Champion
If we're taking out tripping, why not hack as much as possible. (Please ignore my attitude in the other thread, I was arguing about tournament legality, not hacking.)

I'm confused... :'(

EDIT: Wait. I figured it out.

You did an anti-strawman argument. We thought you were against hacking. Instead of arguing for your actual position (calling hacked brawl "brawl"), you argued against hacking, kinda. So we argued for hacking, which was in fact us arguing straw-man style, except you TRICKED us into arguing strawman.

Dear God, I have to bow down to your amazing debate skills. That was truely the most impressive thing i've ever seen.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm confused... :'(
^This

Seriously, we are not going accept you with open arms. Half the reason we are discussing this is for tourney legality. The other reason is that we're bored and have nothing better to do at the moment.

You're gonna have to win back our love.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
But what if the hitstun makes it genuinely BETTER and we can agree on a specific line of code for it? Thus, no variations.
Their would still be opposition to altering the game to THAT degree. Removing tripping shouldn't even be debatable, but something like altering hitstun or characters would arouse alot of discontent. Some people (not me) love the low hitstun and floatyness.

At the very least, we can have alternate tournaments.

Shears

Smash Master
the tripping is understandable, but the hitstun is just stupid. this game isnt melee, its not supposed to be melee. out with the old and in with the new. if you like melee that much than keep playing it dont try and change another game. your all like hitler trying to purify video game mechanics, exterminating every aspect of brawl that makes it different than melee because you think melee is the superior fighting game. its not like when you bought brawl you were forced to throw out your copy of melee, so stop complaining and go back and play that game, its just as "perfect" as it was before. i could get into the differences of melee and brawl and why you cant compare them, but most of you morons are too dumb to understand.

Foxy

Smash Master
I do not hack the wii but I cannot see as to why this would be taking such a long time for hitstun.

Hmm I'll ask Parasyte it may be that Harrish and wifiwars simply do not ahave the tools they need to analyze the game.
Hitstun isn't a single value, it's got some form of variation among moves, players, and victims. So we're looking for some kind of multiplier to edit.

Well, whoever gives Brawl combos first gets free hugs and prostitutes from me.
If you're serious about the prostitutes I'll do it right now.

the tripping is understandable, but the hitstun is just stupid. this game isnt melee, its not supposed to be melee. out with the old and in with the new. if you like melee that much than keep playing it dont try and change another game. your all like hitler trying to purify video game mechanics, exterminating every aspect of brawl that makes it different than melee because you think melee is the superior fighting game. its not like when you bought brawl you were forced to throw out your copy of melee, so stop complaining and go back and play that game, its just as "perfect" as it was before. i could get into the differences of melee and brawl and why you cant compare them, but most of you morons are too dumb to understand.
Er, that's quite an attitude there.

We're just modding this for fun. I LOVE Melee, I play it more than Brawl (though I'm still a serious Brawl player) and go to tournies for both. I certainly am not ignoring that Melee already exists.

However, hacking is a fun expedition and some people like to see what they can do. Also, Brawl has a ton of potential with some good physics changes, great characters and movesets, good stages, good modes... it's a great game, it just lacks good competitive aspects. Some of us want to see what Brawl would be like if the gameplay was closer to Melee.

We aren't going to force anyone to try or adopt our hacks, it's just a good project.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If you're serious about the prostitutes I'll do it right now.
Would if I could. XD The idea is that I'm broke and by the time the hitstun is made, I'll have cash.

BTW, for any noob who wishes to speak, Brawl with combo would be more likely to become something like SSB, not melee.

BTW, if Sakurai made something just like SSB64, but with Brawl characters, I would love him forever. But I want him to burn in hell atm.

EDIT:I'll be gone for a while, anything Foxy Sigma says I agree with.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
your all like hitler
Wow, way to compare the death of 6 million Jews to people trying to improve a fighting game. You just degraded all of those deaths to a level that's unbelievably small.

We're just modding this for fun. I LOVE Melee, I play it more than Brawl (though I'm still a serious Brawl player) and go to tournies for both. I certainly am not ignoring that Melee already exists.

However, hacking is a fun expedition and some people like to see what they can do. Also, Brawl has a ton of potential with some good physics changes, great characters and movesets, good stages, good modes... it's a great game, it just lacks good competitive aspects. Some of us want to see what Brawl would be like if the gameplay was closer to Melee.

We aren't going to force anyone to try or adopt our hacks, it's just a good project.
Yeah, pretty much this. Except I don't enjoy hacking because...I don't know how to. If I had the equipment and knew how to, I probably would. I enjoy the results of hacking (the fun ones, or the fixing ones, such as removing tripping), though.

Shiekah

Smash Cadet
Does your SD card have to be completely empty in order for the codes to work when running the game through the Homebrew channel? Or can I have other completely unrelated stuff on my sd card without any troubles? It would kinda suck if I had to use an SD card for the sole purpose of removing tripping ;(

Shears

Smash Master
Er, that's quite an attitude there.

i come off very rude usually i enjoy arousing peoples egos and being a ****.

anyway the competitive aspect of brawl is different than melee not lacking. in melee the competition was a rhythmic sequence of buttons that became muscle memory. the skill was in the finger dexterity, timing, and execution of these sequences. with hitstun you are given more frames to react, think, and press buttons than in brawl. with guaranteed combos you dont need to know anything but what buttons to press. in brawl the lack of hitstun gives another variable to the match which means you have to think faster, react faster, and press buttons faster. i give credit to those who can do all those fancy tricks in melee because i cant (i havent taken the time to and honestly dont care to). but to say that brawl isnt competitive because it lacks certain definites of hitstun, DI possibilities, recovery options, and a trip-free environment is ignorant. im not discrediting melee in the sense that it doesnt require thinking and playing smart, but not at the magnitude brawl requires. brawl is a game more of the mind while melee is a game more of technique. brawl is chess, melee is the slam dunk contest. melee is flashier and technical, while brawl is longer and intellectual.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Does your SD card have to be completely empty in order for the codes to work when running the game through the Homebrew channel? Or can I have other completely unrelated stuff on my sd card without any troubles? It would kinda suck if I had to use an SD card for the sole purpose of removing tripping ;(
No, I use the same SD card for everything. You can't use the SD Card while using the Ocarina (meaning you can't save to or access things previously saved on the SD Card while you're using it), but you don't have to clear it to use it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
no actually i didnt. its called a similie not a metaphor, the idea is the same but the extremity of it is different
Similie = using a comparison word to compare something, such as "like" or "as". (e.g. she was as graceful as a swan)

Metaphor = comparing something without a comparison word. (e.g. all the world is a stage)

It was a similie, but the concepts are nearly identical.

I'm tempted to sig that out of sheer hilariousness.

Revven

FrankerZ

The reason why I said Wifiwars was because LeeHarris also hangs around there (and he kinda had a hand in the site). I was just listing it so the LeeHarris I was talking about wasn't be confused as a different one and that they are one in the same. That being said, we want to extend hit stun and see what happens. If you could somehow ask Parasyte about it and see what he has to say about extending it for a few more seconds and tell us (or someone who can do it) that'd be wonderful.

Remember, hit stun is how long a character remains unable to do something after being hit or thrown.

Oh yes, people are still hacking Brawl, we already have move set swapping now as a code and for machnimators (whenever someone gets around to porting it for NTSC-US) we have an unrestricted replay camera so people can make third person machnimas or first person even! It'll be very expansive once it is finally ported over to NTSC-US Brawl. That being said, there's a whole thread with all the codes made so far in GBD by meleemaster500 tha you can look at and see what's done so far.

GofG

Smash Champion
i come off very rude usually i enjoy arousing peoples egos and being a ****.

anyway the competitive aspect of brawl is different than melee not lacking. in melee the competition was a rhythmic sequence of buttons that became muscle memory. the skill was in the finger dexterity, timing, and execution of these sequences. with hitstun you are given more frames to react, think, and press buttons than in brawl. with guaranteed combos you dont need to know anything but what buttons to press. in brawl the lack of hitstun gives another variable to the match which means you have to think faster, react faster, and press buttons faster. i give credit to those who can do all those fancy tricks in melee because i cant (i havent taken the time to and honestly dont care to). but to say that brawl isnt competitive because it lacks certain definites of hitstun, DI possibilities, recovery options, and a trip-free environment is ignorant. im not discrediting melee in the sense that it doesnt require thinking and playing smart, but not at the magnitude brawl requires. brawl is a game more of the mind while melee is a game more of technique. brawl is chess, melee is the slam dunk contest. melee is flashier and technical, while brawl is longer and intellectual.
This argument, that brawl requires more thought and less technical skill than melee, has been proposed and debunked countless times. Besides, this isn't the thread for it. You don't know anything about melee, you haven't ever been to a tournament, you don't know the ATs, so don't you dare try to argue about it, especially in a thread about tripping in Brawl, in Tactical, where melee vs brawl threads are banned.

Shears

Smash Master
Similie = using a comparison word to compare something, such as "like" or "as". (e.g. she was as graceful as a swan)

Metaphor = comparing something without a comparison word. (e.g. all the world is a stage)

It was a similie, but the concepts are nearly identical.

I'm tempted to sig that out of shears hilariousness.
fixed.

and ill admit my similie was a little unecessary but when i was typing it was the first thing that came to mind. and i passionately hate melee. im a fan of brawl and 64 though.

Foxy

Smash Master
This argument, that brawl requires more thought and less technical skill than melee, has been proposed and debunked countless times. Besides, this isn't the thread for it. You don't know anything about melee, you haven't ever been to a tournament, you don't know the ATs, so don't you dare try to argue about it, especially in a thread about tripping in Brawl, in Tactical, where melee vs brawl threads are banned.
SOUNDS MOAR LIKE AN ARGUMENT STARTER THAN ENDER TO ME

We should talk about Melee vs. Brawl.
Want to talk about Melee vs. Brawl?
Let's talk about Melee vs. Brawl.

Shears

Smash Master
1. my name is wrong in your sig
2. i have been to melee tournaments and i am aware of the ATs
3. im sorry for mentioning brawl vs. melee do i have your forgiveness?
4. make your exceptions 3

GofG

Smash Champion
1. Blach
2. Name a melee tourney you went to, and who won it, please. Also, awareness that ATs exist and the ability to perform them mean two entirely different mindsets.
3. No.
4. Blah, it's a joke.

Shears

Smash Master
i was kidding about 1, 3, and 4

mass madness and it was koreanDJ
many virginia tech biweeklies and it was chillin

edit: and thanks for fixing the name =)

Top Bottom