• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314162

sorry guys. this is the worst ive ever done in tourney. but i also have felt for a while that i need to stick to the games im good at, street fighter games i've always been much better at. and im working my marvel too. anyways this tourney confirmed my retirement from competitive smash. ill still be casual, but this should very well be my last tourney post ever. im going nowhere and it's wasting my hard worked for cash and my very little free time. sorry guys but im done with this. sorry luckay, unless im drugged and taken there, i won't be seeing you at hobo to compete. i may go just to meet you tho if that helps. sorry guys, ive tried to walk the walk and talk the talk but im not meant to play this game. i got bodied by those i used to body in tourney and i can't take the literal 0% improvement at the cost of my cash and time and happiness. this game makes me feel ****ty and im tired of it. so you won't be seeing me on here often, im not gonna keep stuff active, im done. but i feel i've at least left my mark on the pit community.

my accomplishments as follows in order of importance

1. the DACG for extended cgs
2 .2sjcus
3. true combos
4. reverse WOI skid cancelling as inspired by luckay
5. footstool WOI cancel>stuff
6. mystic wrath (lol)
7. the little stuff i can't remember

have i done enough? maybe not in tournament but i can at least say i've left my mark and helped improved a community that was falling apart. i feel me, luckay, kuro, and ptzr really were the heart and soul back right after when i first posted my cg discovery until we got more mains involved in stuff. and even then we were the real hardcore pit mains. we've all argued for him countless times and forced other boards to accept the fact that they had no answer to our questions and that this amazing character is under-rated and countless times we've been trolled with "always the pit mains." however we always pulled through and look. luckay gets top 5, kuro bodies warios, ptzr is amazing. however, im stuck at the bottom of the in game/tourney accomplishments and rep.

so this is my goodbye for the most part guys. i do love yall so much. fyre don't think i forgot about you, you were the silent pit lurker doing well behind our backs and have made quite a name for yourself. im proud to know that the hottest poster on swf is a successful pit main ( :p )

AP. chill out. we love you bro but dude please chill out.

everyone else, you all mean a lot to me on here. xcallion, jimmy, abel if you ever check here, koolaid, kiraflax, dual swords, ayoub, yass, cyve, and the rest of you. esca i don't even need mention you because you know you're my boy in real life bro.

peace out pits. im out

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
so I got 5th at the Revenge yesterday.

I used Pit mostly in pools, but only game 1 every set for Bracket except against these two people:

Clel: we were playing friendlies with pit v his mk, and he was ****** me so I said eff it Im gunna go all wario and beat him quickly. MK is hard to play with EVERYONE IN THE GOD DAMN MIDWEST HAVING PLAYED KY BEFORE!!!

Hunger: I went ALL Pit on and beat him 2-1, he took me to brinstar, I beat him on two neutrals. Warios don't know how to fight Pit yet, so take advantage of that. I wish we had livestreamed it.

Everytime I went Pit first game in bracket I lost except against Legan's Meta Knight but he doesnt even main Meta. It's just, Pit takes a large amount of concentration to play, and due to my lack of sleep ( I did not sleep since Friday afternoon due to Wangston's place being really loud ) I had NO concentration at all. That is why I didn't go all Pit. BUT because of Pit I was able to beat Hunger, who I've never beaten in Wario dittos before. It was so sweet.

Results will be posted later.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Thanks. I played a lot of Pit, but I just wasn't on my game. Took a win off Aposl first game but then went wario in pools, his PT was scary. I can't remember the rest of the players. Like I said, mostly everyone who had Luckay (LOL) or KY experience ***** me, and I need to step up my game and concentrate harder. IF I had a bit more sleep that might have been possible :teeth:

I even went Pit against Domo and Clel in crews, but I only did that because I didnt want them to learn my Wario for the day for bracket. I took Domo's final stock AFTER he took two of mine I was so nervous... and then Clel just said no eff u and took my last stock. God I hate MK sometimes hahah. But it's all cool, long as I have Wario for him I feel better.

I'll do better next time!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yeah. That was rediculous. I counted, 4 times I tripped, 2 of them costing my spacing and punishes, and a bunch of percent, and 1 killing me (the one you were talking about)

that was so BS XD

For anyone who doesnt know what we're talkin about XP

http://www.twitch.tv/genericallynamed/b/300453292
0:42:55
Domo vs Krys
MK v Pit
Tripped 4 times... -______-

0:49:11
Clel vs Krys
MK v Pit
Tripped hardly any, I ALMOST got a stock but died by bad DI

lol, it's okay though, Im glad I got to play anyways.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Thanks. I played a lot of Pit, but I just wasn't on my game. Took a win off Aposl first game but then went wario in pools, his PT was scary. I can't remember the rest of the players. Like I said, mostly everyone who had Luckay (LOL) or KY experience ***** me, and I need to step up my game and concentrate harder. IF I had a bit more sleep that might have been possible :teeth:

I even went Pit against Domo and Clel in crews, but I only did that because I didnt want them to learn my Wario for the day for bracket. I took Domo's final stock AFTER he took two of mine I was so nervous... and then Clel just said no eff u and took my last stock. God I hate MK sometimes hahah. But it's all cool, long as I have Wario for him I feel better.

I'll do better next time!
Domo used to team with KY, and they have a lot of experience together and used to beat really good teams back in 09'

I'll update this soon.

Also Krys, your Pit jumps around too much when you play MK. It got you punished a lot, and also you roll and spotdodge a lot, and MK is already good at punishing that. Chill with that, and more arrows/grabs/fair and you'll do better.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So you lost to zeton and denti? Bracket pic is balls lol.

Well at least your seeing improvement! That was your biggest gripe for the longest while lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no i lost to denti and p4, but with me and p4 it's always a gamble between which one of us will win. we're pretty close on gameplay but with MK banned he is gonna fall behind me until he learns diddy and by then ill hopefully have surpassed him. he is definately the closest thing i have to an actual rival in texas, and he beat my *** down in our first bracket match. fortunately we're still even because i've won a few MMs against him, once on MK out of like 3, twice against his snake.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Don't Blink ~After Story~ 4
SINGLES:
All :pit: (including Pools) except for three games with :wario: (two in grand finals in a 3-2 reset against Kain which I won, one in winner semis against Arty which I lost, staying Pit was my best bet :))

Reasoning: I went Wario three times, once because Arty agreed to give me some GW experience for my wario (which garunteed exp with Pit as well on Brinstar, my counterpick). The two times with Kain was 1. To secure a GF win, and 2. MY FINGERS COULD NOT FUNCTION WITH PIT ANYMORE T_T I had been playing since 11 AM that morning until 12 PM that night, with nothing but Pit...lol but it was fun.

1st out of 40 Entrants
Won: $192

DOUBLES:

Mostly :pit:, some :wario:
Teamed with HadesBlade :yoshi2: / :dedede:
Won: $48 (24 each)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@luckay,
lost to illmatic (game 3 tho, timed him out game 2 exactly 50 grabs) and killik (me and him are always close, and i outplaced him at BN6)

in doubles we shoulda been not last but xyro messed up and is too lazy to change it

will post battle network 6 results soon

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Don't Blink:99 Problems but a Knee ain't One of em
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318627

9th out of 21
Used wario once in bracket. No pools :c. . .

Ill get em next time, off day for me I guess? . . . lol.

Lost to Masho, new player on the block, an exceptional wifi :rob:. 2-1. Lost on Cs and SV. Won on BF. Interesting hype behind him >_>...

Lost to Hunger, SD johns game 1, SD'd my last stock at 80 with him 200, I had glided and glaired off stage to get away from him on (unbeknowest to me) my last jump :awesome:... 2-1, beat him on BF I believe, lost on SV and Lylat.

Beat Jayford and Legan, I always beat them in bracket tho :x

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought BF was one of our few CPs against ROB according to our old list. Nonetheless, you'll get them next time. I have faith in you, and you know I'll support you.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
LOL ya idk why but bf just works real well vs rob...

Need to find another stage as well :x

Don't worry dez. Off day for sure ^_^;

It's cuz you haven't played me in ages x3

You're getting worse without me :troll:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Which was my best win in tourney? o.O I had to use Wario on Roller's Pikachu, but that was a win whether I went Pit OR Wario LOL...

Unless you mean YOU LOL okay that's rich, you're my best win, makes sense cuz you're on the Pit list amirite :x (nah I know, its cuz you're OoR and are actually good, 2cents worth)

Also Pittos mean nothing until I learn it! NOTHING :o

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I was your best win results-wise lol. Unless you beat reflex,fino,logic,mjg,kain,ally? Pittos are just like any other matchup, the fact that you got 2 stocked game 1 and immediately switched to wario reflects on your skill with Pit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
nnnnnno.

not at all.

but I digress, I do value the experience I got from our match. You said it yourself; "I'm the best at the ditto"...

>_>

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Fyre is the best at the ditto out of all of the pits I've played online. maybe thats why Luckay beat me, since he had the Fyre tag quite a bit hahaha

Roller

Smash Legend
We all know I'm a better win than you are, Luckay. Come on. Do we need to do the math again?

4th best ICs > 5th best Pit

:denzel:

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Btw, Kryz, if I had CP'd you to SV game 3, instead of YI.. Would you still have switched to Pit? Or stuck with Wario?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Woulda gone pit, Pits easier to play on SV than Wario, wario im just on the ONE platform, for Pit I have the ledges AND that platform AND a projectile at will.

Bf is the only place I go Wario against ICs on anymore

(and plus you really made me scared game 1, Im sure I could have won game 1 if I had a bit more balls and got you for the percent lead, but still I wasn't mentally capable of doing that all over again regardless of stage lol!)

Top Bottom