• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
It was pretty even, but I lost 3:1 in GF's against him.
I went all Diddy vs Ramin and quiKsilver though (I beat him 3:0 in LF's)
Vids are hopefully up in a few days

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Purple-H used Snake/Sheik against me and quiKsilver ZSS/Samus

I beat every single MK at that tourney lmao (All with Pit, Ramin's MK with Diddy)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
So I got 7th out of 21 yesterday. It had pretty good competition, and LionA(Fox player) was really good, I had to clutch it out and plank to win. I got two kills from the bair on the ledge in my bracket match. It's a neat bait KO that I will start doing more.

I'll update this thread later this week.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
^Truth, though Cyve uses Diddy too, so can't distinguish between the two just by tournament placements.

Can I be Europe's third best pit? :troll:
Yoo Loz. I've seen your Pit. Not bad. :troll:
Do you go to Berlin this summer? If so, I'm looking forward to meet you!

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Yoo Loz. I've seen your Pit. Not bad. :troll:
Do you go to Berlin this summer? If so, I'm looking forward to meet you!
Good chance I'll be there, just depends if I can get housing for the sunday night, and if some of my friends travel (I don't want to go by myself lol) - would say 90% confirmed nonetheless :)

Would be cool to see another Pit in action, and since I'm... let's say 'improving'... I'll be eager to pick up ways to do things better.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, so I want to bring this back and update it. If anyone wants to help and link me to their results or other Pit results, that would help out tremendously.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I lost to another Fox today twice. Man that matchup can be rough, but I will practice it and my smarts which are really hindering me. I want to be super prepared for Waba.

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if you're losing to fox you aren't outspacing him gadiel. making the fox MU solidly in pits favor is a simple as spacing like marths do (aka tipping your moves), juggling him, and planking when your shield gets low.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, had another tournament, it was small but tough. I think there was about 12~15 entrants, but almost everyone was a GA/AL PR player(P-1, DRN, Kismet, Reflex, McPP) and ESAM was there too who I played in bracket.

First round, I played Sexy~Pit (katana_koden). We played on SV & BF, it wasn't that hard for me due to the experience I have vs Pits on wifi. Katana is a player with a lot of potential though, he just needs more experience and it's the same for me really.

I then played ESAM after Katana. I was doing well for the first two stocks, I even took his stock off first, but then I believe he got a CG started on me, 3 or 4 throws to down throw CGs, idk if that is even legit, but I remember trying to DI out of it and pressing up-b. I think his experience just started to kick in after the first stock, and he started punishing me really well using the right moves at the right time. And then I suicided either 2nd or last stock.

I was sent to losers and had to play player 4's Marth who I had some trouble with. I feel like I was under-playing and not confident enough w/ my gameplay. I won both matches though, first one on Poke Stadium, and 2nd on Brinstar (which wasn't legal, but we didn't know & we both agreed).

Player-1 was up next. I was semi-confident going into the match because of the recent Diddy practice I had on wifi. I ended up getting 2-0'd, but I was able to get him down to last stock both games. The main reason why I lost was that I started getting too aggressive when he had the lead, and I should have pulled back some. When I was a stock down, I would try so hard to kill him. I didn't even realize it till the end of the matches when he mentioned it to me, but it made perfect sense. I need to get better @ recognizing the different states during a match. I think I'm 4-0 w/ Player 1, maybe 5-0.

All in all, I feel a little defeated right now. I'm at the bottom of the pyramid when it comes to the GA/AL skill level. I really need to step it up, and change my mindset. I focus too much on how the moves look like while I'm playing instead of using moves for the right application. I also don't focus enough on the opponent during a match and I don't try and read/punish their habits enough. My positioning and form is also bad, which I noticed a lot playing Kismet in some friendlies. Man, I really need to work on my game.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey, you won two bracket sets, don't put yourself down so much. of course, you're right to aim higher.
Ok yeah I agree, I take this game and my skill pretty serious, so it showed a bit at the tournament. I know I need to relax and show a bit more joy. It seemed as if the other top players were calm and happy, lol. They seemed to play that way too. I'm not giving up though, I will be the best Pit someday soon.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey Pits, I will try to update this. I'm going to a .regional event tomorrow, and I'm very excited. I feel my time to win and excel is coming up. I really hope my time is tomorrow.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/threads/uk-smash-aint-dead-2-results.335197/

UK National Tournament
7th in singles out of 33 entrants using only Pit (except for 3 games going MK vs MK)
2nd in doubles out of 12 teams. (Pit and Toon Link, godly team.)

Disappointed with singles, could've done much better, lost to MK and Snake both game 3
Got to bracket as first seed after 12-0-ing my pool with only Pit. Including pools I went 4-2 for the day Pit vs MK, but it's still such a frustrating experience.
Highlight of the day was a Pitto MM, which I won cleanly 3-0. Great event!

Hey Pits, I will try to update this. I'm going to a .regional event tomorrow, and I'm very excited. I feel my time to win and excel is coming up. I really hope my time is tomorrow.

How did it go?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
http://smashboards.com/threads/uk-smash-aint-dead-2-results.335197/

UK National Tournament
7th in singles out of 33 entrants using only Pit (except for 3 games going MK vs MK)
2nd in doubles out of 12 teams. (Pit and Toon Link, godly team.)

Disappointed with singles, could've done much better, lost to MK and Snake both game 3
Got to bracket as first seed after 12-0-ing my pool with only Pit. Including pools I went 4-2 for the day Pit vs MK, but it's still such a frustrating experience.
Highlight of the day was a Pitto MM, which I won cleanly 3-0. Great event!

How did it go?
That's really encouraging to hear! And I'm glad you're getting better. I got 4th/36? @ the regional. I lost very close to Spade's Marth. I went ICs game 3, and should have won but I dropped 4 grabs so I didn't really deserve the win.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
When is this getting updated next? It has been almost an entire year!

Oh and why is this not stickied? It seems kind important enough and other boards have tournament results stickied. Just saying.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I got 3rd @ the local today. I still need to work on a lot of things, and I feel my game needs more basics. I had a lot of trouble vs P-1 & MCPP, but I feel I did better than I thought I would vs MCPP. He's like my coach anyways, lol so I didn't expect to win this time. I went ICs game 3 & 4, and I could have won game 4 if I didn't drop my grabs, lol. I have to get used to the pressure.

But I think ICs work well vs Wolf, Wario, Marth, MK, DDD, and other matchups where Pit loses -1/-2.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
ICs mains: "I could have won if I didn't drop grabs" lul

Who did you beat?
I beat Hichez's Lucario & Reflex's Sheik. Reflex plays smartly, and I learned a lot from our set. I knew from the first 20 seconds that I had to switch things up if I wanted to win. I clutched it out game 1, got 2 stocked game 2, and got the lead 3rd game 2nd stock and kept it.

Even though it was his Sheik, Im proud of what I did this tournament. As far as my WF match w/ P1 & LF match with MCPP I seriously feel outside factors like having bad food (Taco Bell) made my mind droggy and I couldnt think as straight when I played Reflex. But no Johns, & now I know what it will take to be a champion.

Also meet Jrugs again & were going to team at SKTAR.

Top Bottom