• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Sonic combo vids yet

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
It's surprising to me that no one's made one yet. I could care less if it was just a sonic montage of people getting owned.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I have no recording device, so you won't be seeing one from me :/ Maybe if I play zeal or Dnes a ****load of times and some epic things happen you might see a short montage of ownage. But I myself can't make one.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Comboing isn't as easy in brawl as it was in melee. And even then, it took more than a couple of months for combo vids to start showing up in force. But if you're so motivated, feel free to make one yourself.

Just...Don't use the Sonic Heroes theme. Please.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I'm not calling anything a combo vid.They should be montages because there really aren't combo vids.Mine will be just a monage of me killing other people w/Sonic that's it.If a "combo" is in it I'll put it in.

Tenki

Smash Hero
._.; yeah, part of the reason is that long, 'inescapable' combos don't exist.
But if you mean moves that can be stringed to each other, they do exist ;d

I'm trying to collect lethal 'combos' or gimp moves in this thread:
http://smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4345894

If I had a way to record, I would have tried to record some ._.;

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
I could of had a lot of combo videos but alas my recorded kept making the game kinda lag in video and our brawl matches kept taking longer than 3 minutes.

I was somewhat able to do a sort of wall of pain thing with sonic doing a short hop with his forward "A" move until I got my friend off the edge and I was able to follow him two more times before reaching the line of no return, by barely making it back onto the stage.

Though I will continue trying so I can make a good video of sonic. I hope when I make the first montage no one will have a problem with the theme from Sonic Riders?

Tenki

Smash Hero
there are actually a few 'sonic combo' videos on youtube.

._.; or Sonic KO montages.

the ones actually titled as combo videos are like.. clips of Sonic's last hit, if anything. and most of them aren't combos or move strings, but like, dodge+counter finishing hits >_>

but speaking of combos...

I saw a pretty awesome combo that LuCKy did against Marth in (lucky vs danimals r1) at 2:25-2:33 that I think people can use.
From what I can see of it,
middle weight at 120%:
Spin dash (must hit)>Spin dash jump (must hit)> u-Air> Spring > B-air
it was a stale-moved u-air so the knock back was perfect for it. pretty cool ;d

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
That was pretty neat kinda sucked the last thing that happened tough how Sonic got spiked, but a good juggling combo I think is using his Forward "B" and once you hit bouncing upwards and using Back Air "A" to hit the opponent to the other side and you can kinda juggle them until they go to far but then instead of Back Air "A" you could use Forward Air "A" to keep knocking them to the end.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
If you do do that, play against Kirby's that don't legitimately just fall into a standing fsmash. That's just embarassing.
Yeah I don't think that'll be in the Final version.I'm going to try and update it tonight w/a different Fsmash kill.It's still really early in development but I know what I want it to look like.Thanks for watching it:)

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol i'll make one this week

since i don't have anything better to do

and it will probably be in one day vs 5 characters or less lol i got this

LuCKy

Smash Master
That was really neat I like the whole thing when you grabbed Kirby and threw him into the spring board.

I am gonna sound like a noob probably but I never really thought of using that to set up for his Up Air move.
hey your sig is tight lol why dont you make it so it can be seen instead of a link

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
hey your sig is tight lol why dont you make it so it can be seen instead of a link
Thanks and also I didn't know how to make it into the actual picture because I tried using the [ img] [ /img ] around the link to make it into an image but it didn't work unless this forum site has a different way of making them into images.

Also where does everyone find the gif images of the brawl characters like the Wolf and Dedede in your sig?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I have a capture card. If you guys want I could make a Sonic Montage. A montage of kills that doesn't just focus on one sonic player but a combination of all sonic videos i get.

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
Its an awesome combo video I hope when I make my it will be at least decent after watching that and other people using sonic. I also like it at 3:07 to 3:13 when you smash Toon Link away and taunt but he somehow makes it back and so you rush in and just smack him back.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Not bad at all, which makes me sad. I was expecting crappy stuff, or crappy opponents, but my only real complaints are that Starry Eyed Surprise doesn't really fit with Sonic (nor does the second), and the combos got kinda repetitive. Still, when the Olimar whistle armored at the wrong time, and you punished, I was happy.

Mine'll be out soon, yo.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Not bad at all, which makes me sad. I was expecting crappy stuff, or crappy opponents, but my only real complaints are that Starry Eyed Surprise doesn't really fit with Sonic (nor does the second), and the combos got kinda repetitive. Still, when the Olimar whistle armored at the wrong time, and you punished, I was happy.

Mine'll be out soon, yo.

I've gotten kinda mixed reviews about the music so far. I started off using Pendulum's Different as the first song, and then had a friend listen to Starry Eyed Surprise, and he said he thought that it fit really well. As for the Social Distortion, I dunno. I love the song, and was debating between that and putting Different back in at the end, but obviously you can see which ended up going in, as I wasn't sure how many people would appreciate DnB in a video.

I think so far I'm 5-4 for good-bad on music reviews. :ohwell:

As for the repetitiveness, I can see where you're coming from there, because I really do abuse some of the same attacks/patterns a lot.

Oh well, it was my first shot at a combo video, and so far I don't have too much already-existing sonic video competition. In seeing DBR's preview video, Hella's clips were really weak, and the only other sonic videos I've seen are what were mentioned earlier, just kill shot videos, at least a couple of which were entirely played against CPUs.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hella's kinda weak, anyway. Great guy, not the strongest player ever.

But what do I know? It's a new game, and he's in Cali. He's prolly 20x better than me.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I've run into the repetitive problem too.Which will probably delay mine.Mostly Fmash kills and not any real combos.I'm hoping it'll be done by the end of May.

Top Bottom