• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

no longer angry :), tier discussion

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Simple. jigz is the best. She should have her own tier. Then we need to cut a stock off tournament play because the matches would go too long as it would just be "float, poke, float, poke". The we should change the name melee to something a bit more recognizable to the common person...I was thinking battle...or brawl >.>

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i remember hbox telling me

god marth was such a tough matchup to learn but once i knew how to do it it was alot easier it used to feel near unwinnable for me now it feels almost even because i know the matchup very well

so yea imma take his word and say marth still has the edge in this MU

and goddam people

JIGGS IS NOT THE BEST IN THE GAME!!!!!

shes really good probably 3rd - 5th with fox and falco DEFINATELY above her and sheik marth debatably above him

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
i remember hbox telling me

god marth was such a tough matchup to learn but once i knew how to do it it was alot easier it used to feel near unwinnable for me now it feels almost even because i know the matchup very well

so yea imma take his word and say marth still has the edge in this MU

and goddam people

JIGGS IS NOT THE BEST IN THE GAME!!!!!

shes really good probably 3rd - 5th with fox and falco DEFINATELY above her and sheik marth debatably above him
I remember hbox also mentioning how he doesn't see how Marth beats Jiggs about less than a month ago.

He told Seibrik(lol name search me seibrik) and I how Jiggs only close to maybe disadvantaged matchup is Fox.

People make mistakes. People can get read. There isn't a single person in the world that plays so unpredictably that they can't get read. Jiggs just needs to poke with bairs and find that read to safely combo into that 1 hit kill move.
"Ohh but they can DI the hit before the rest."
Most rest combo set ups are so fast, people don't realize them until they get rested. I understand people can DI it, but there is no way you're going to DI it every single time.
I love how a character that can't get hit because of amazing aerial movement and has good setups into a frame 1 kill move isn't the best character in the game.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I love how a character that can't get hit because of amazing aerial movement and has good setups into a frame 1 kill move isn't the best character in the game.
I know right. Good thing there's a character (two, actually) that can reliably hit her and kill her. One has a 1-frame kill move on over half the cast, as well. The other just sets up to death.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
lets just roll like m2k and cry for bans and revisions to the tier list anytime someone does better than him in tournament

WAH WAH FALCO ALMOST BEAT ME I THINK HE NEEDS TO MOVE UP ON TIER LIST
LOL BAN JIGGLYPUFF

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
good thing there aren't any characters with super fast swords bigger than jigglypuffs entire body, or say any characters that can't get hit because of amazing speed in general and run away and shoot a gun at her or something,

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
good thing there aren't any characters with super fast swords bigger than jigglypuffs entire body, or say any characters that can't get hit because of amazing speed in general and run away and shoot a gun at her or something,
I might cry from laughter.

this post is so perfect in so many ways.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This.

Jiggs players are imperfect and all players with other characters are perfect.

Even a minute amount of error is still an amount of error. If there were characters who absolutely could not get hit in any way, they would be banned.

It's a good thing Jiggs back air is slow and doesn't reach anywhere. It'd be stupid if it rivaled that of a sword that could reach her whole body.
It's also a good thing that lasers kill or else people would have to approach and put themselves into danger.
At least the ones with lasers can't get "up throw, rest"-ed. (even if they DI such a fast throw, they still get positioned for a pound read or just a general read. Guess wrong and they're still dead)

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
also a good thing no one has reliable upthrow -> upair ~75% kills on jigglypuff, or a great grab into tipper pseudocombo otherwise jigglypuff might be killable

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Also a good thing no one has reliable upthrow-> uair at 0% or lockdown into death if their opponents DI. At least it takes the same time to get to 0% as it does to get to 75%.

Originally Posted by Tommy_G
can't get hit because of amazing aerial movement

Also posted by Tommy_G
If there were characters who absolutely could not get hit in any way, they would be banned.

Maybe I'm hinting at something. Pound 4 was Jiggs at 1st and 2nd. MK hasn't ever done that and people want him banned.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You honestly think that Jiggs is the best character in the game?

Mango and HBox are just better than everyone else, and they both main Jigglypuff.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i'm glad there are people like tommy g being pro-ban so i won't ever have to change my main

Laijin

Smash Hero
LOL.
Why would you base tier lists off of a characters "potential". Thats like saying "Well potentially this character here if played perfectly against this other character here if played perfectly would **** him. But tournament results show that the character that should be ***** is consistently beating his counter pick".

This thread is dumb

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
LOL.
Why would you base tier lists off of a characters "potential". Thats like saying "Well potentially this character here if played perfectly against this other character here if played perfectly would **** him. But tournament results show that the character that should be ***** is consistently beating his counter pick".

This thread is dumb
Were did this "played perfectly" non-sense come from? Were talking about match-ups not AR. You know when you go to read a character guide and it tells you the dos and dont's of the match-up. That is were a tier list should be based on. Not Mango janked on some ****tty doc player therefore Jiggs beats Doc or Ka master don't play as much anymore therefore Luigi should fall down some spots on the tier list.

Pritch

Smash Lord
For multiple years azen and ken were the 2 best in the country, not close. They both played marth. NO ONE said marth was the best character except for maybe a half a year to year period when m2k was really at the top of his game, after ken and azen had largely quit. It was always (correctly) fox and/or sheik at the top, followed by marth. It just so happened that the 2 best players played marth and won a lot. Same deal here. Mango and hungry are kicking a lot of ***, and jiggs is getting a lot of tournament wins. Mango and hungry are the top tier part of this equation though, not jiggs.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Can't you guys do both ways then? Frame data and base it on tournies? That way you could have both sides of the coin, instead of just tails.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
STOP THE PRESSES WE HAVE A GENIUS HERE WHY DON'T WE BASE TIER LISTS ON CONCEPTS AND TOURNEY RESULTS fffffff

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Can't you guys do both ways then? Frame data and base it on tournies? That way you could have both sides of the coin, instead of just tails.
Nah, cause frame data means squat when mindgames are applied. Also Frame data would lead me to believe that fox cant be hit, and that bowser is the worst character in the game.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Frame data means that Marth is unbeatable best character

If you can react fast enough, you can counter every single attack and your grab outranges everyone else's, so they can't grab you

MARTH WINS

CASE CLOSED

Purple

Hi guys!
Good **** Elliot XD. Too bad if you mess up a counter you get guoohooo combo'd.

However i still think matchups should affect the tier list.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah, cause frame data means squat when mindgames are applied. Also Frame data would lead me to believe that fox cant be hit, and that bowser is the worst character in the game.
Use Frame data for somethings, and use tournie results to contradict SOME of those things.

Maybe it'll be like playing both Melee and brawl, but at least you MIGHT get a bigger picture you haven't seen before. I dunno, just thinking.

Plus, some people would rather have one thing, and the other another. So both sides would win if both were done. I don't really care, I just want to get better in any way. Just giving my .3 cents.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Frame data means that Marth is unbeatable best character

If you can react fast enough, you can counter every single attack and your grab outranges everyone else's, so they can't grab you

MARTH WINS

CASE CLOSED
What? Fox has an invincible attack that comes out in one frame you trolling *******. lol please tell me were gonna party when i come up there.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Wouldn't Bowser be pretty good because of his up-b?

However i still think matchups should affect the tier list.
How can you still think that when like 3 different people proved you wrong? lol

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, i love Smash tier discussions. No one on this forum knows ANYTHING about judging a character for competitive tier lists. First off, it's funny that matchups matter in any other game, but you all say they don't here, which is ridiculous. How a character does against other characters is vastly important when determining how strong they are in competitive play. It only makes sense. Also, you have to look at how a character is played at maximum human potential. That way, you can fully view how the character's tools deal with every other character in the game when played at the same level. Whichever character has the best overall matchups is the best overall character in the game. It's as simple as that. Having the SBR decide everything for this community must have slowed your minds. I don't know why Smash feels it necessary to have a bunch of idiotic elitists decide things for them instead of deciding as a community, but that's a discussion for another day when I don't have to type it all with a PS3 controller like I am now.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
If CF never missed a tech chase, grab, or DI follow-up, then CF will be the best character in the game.
But then again everyone would be the best.

S Tier
Everyone.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
lol, i love Smash tier discussions. No one on this forum knows ANYTHING about judging a character for competitive tier lists. First off, it's funny that matchups matter in any other game, but you all say they don't here, which is ridiculous. How a character does against other characters is vastly important when determining how strong they are in competitive play. It only makes sense. Also, you have to look at how a character is played at maximum human potential. That way, you can fully view how the character's tools deal with every other character in the game when played at the same level. Whichever character has the best overall matchups is the best overall character in the game. It's as simple as that. Having the SBR decide everything for this community must have slowed your minds. I don't know why Smash feels it necessary to have a bunch of idiotic elitists decide things for them instead of deciding as a community, but that's a discussion for another day when I don't have to type it all with a PS3 controller like I am now.
I been saying that in like all of my post LOL
this man speaks the truth

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow this was all typed with a ps3 controller?
That is a lot of effort..

Top Bottom