• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v2 - Oct. 24th Wichita,KS (MW-W Championship) Pre-register now!

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
*ahem*

Bwett, if you come to this, I will wreck your **** SOOOOOO BAD in the Yoshi ditto. Guaranteed two-stock each round, at least. You're a terrible player, and not once have I ever looked up to you. In fact, if you accept, I challenge you to a FM. Not a MM, a FM. Food match. Best 3 of 5.

The loser has to buy the winner a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub from Subway. If you decline, I'd understand, given the fact that I'd be pretty upset over losing approximately $7.00 too.

<3 BoJangles/JoeBangles

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hopefully someone will do some Ike dittos with Mr. Doom. I feel like a total scrub when playing against other Ikes.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
*ahem*

Bwett, if you come to this, I will wreck your **** SOOOOOO BAD in the Yoshi ditto. Guaranteed two-stock each round, at least. You're a terrible player, and not once have I ever looked up to you. In fact, if you accept, I challenge you to a FM. Not a MM, a FM. Food match. Best 3 of 5.

The loser has to buy the winner a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub from Subway. If you decline, I'd understand, given the fact that I'd be pretty upset over losing approximately $7.00 too.

<3 BoJangles/JoeBangles
LMAO

Trash talk sounds so weird coming from Joe lol

Hopefully someone will do some Ike dittos with Mr. Doom. I feel like a total scrub when playing against other Ikes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UBZya1O6k

Wut?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
*ahem*

<3 BoJangles/JoeBangles
?! That can't be JB. :laugh:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
D: You're right, we didn't. I'm thinking about picking up some ike, maybe we can get some dittos in if I make it to this :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Some quick pics of the venue:

All the **** you see in the venue will be removed to make room for setups, tables, etc.

The elevator in the last picture will make carrying stuff upstairs and downstairs very easy.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Cool thing is that this is the venue we'll be able to use for any and all our future tournaments here in Wichita.

We gotz teh hookups.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd be up for a MM stealth.
Oh, I have Star wars episode 3 if you want to use the versus mode for that in the terrible tourney too.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Cameron, are you going to post a copy of this thread in the Midwest boards?

Also, remember to put "MW-W Championships" in the title.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
!!!

Well, now I HAVE to make it.

Also, I'd be up for supplying Castlevania: Judgement, Bushido Blade, and Ehrgeiz for the terrible tournament :)
You'll love playing everyone else in Blazblue. We're ****ing good and KY is an amazing Jin. We have alot of great players and right now the game is pretty healthy here.

As for those games, Oh god, I'm not sure if I lvoe you or hate you Sethlon lol Sounds like good ideas to me.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
This better either have laser tag or a rave. Otherwise I have absolutely no interest.
I'm down for both!

BlazBlue? Sounds good to me... I'll bring my ****ty Arakune and whack-*** Bang to this shindig.

BANG, BANG, BANG, BAAAANNNGG!!!

*and you thought SHORYUKEN was annoying, just wait until I sing the Bang Song... :p *

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Someone with good sense said:
* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.
I don't think I'll be coming to this. But props on treating all suicide KOs the same. KS is now on Jekyll's Cool List.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Shouldn't that suicide rule only apply if the game enters Sudden Death? It's actually pretty radical if it isn't that way...

Also, what happened to Lylat Cruise and Halberd for starters? It's not like they caused any problems at the previous events...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I prefer five stages over seven. And no I don't feel like debating it. *Inferno played "It's my tournament"*

As for Suicides, other TOs have been using this rule as I have it, but allowing it only to count for Sudden Deaths is unfair since some characters auto win with their suicide while others do not. (i.e. Ganon never wins, but sometimes loses, but Bowser can win, and sometimes tie depending on port. This isn't fair to Ganon in any way.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've won with Ganon a few times, and lost with Bowser a few times as well. But basically, if you get grabbed by either of those moves, and sucked offstage, then you deserve to lose period lol.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
An official ruling for "What happens if Sudden Death occurs not because of time limit?" will be added to the SBR eventually, definitely before No Koast 2. I'm not sure if you guys will want to keep your ruling or go with what we come up with. Just letting you know it's being discussed atm.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Any SBR decision lacks credibility without my expert opinion :p

We'll consider whatever they come up with, provided it doesn't suck of course.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I prefer five stages over seven. And no I don't feel like debating it. *Inferno played "It's my tournament"*
It is your tournament no doubt, even if preference is odd to invoke in a case of fairness. It's certainly going to be a rough road for Mr. Game & Watch without his two best starters... At least Meta Knight and Ice Climbers will enjoy it I guess.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
7 neutrals? I'll be honest, I like 7 neutrals for teams, but not for Singles. Teams it feels different since you have 4 people to consider as far as how much the stages will benefit you, so there's a strong chance that no matter what the stage things will be fairly balanced from the beginning. In Singles though I'd prefer a more conservative starter list. I know I, including others, would hate to lose because of something that happened on Delfino/CS/Lylat/some of the less neutral starters. It's OK to go up against a character who is strong on a lot of the neutrals and lose, but it would be frustrating if someone was to lose because something with the stage occurred that made them lose, instead of the opponent.

Top Bottom