• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Whenever I think I am out, you guys pull me back in. I think Ninten has a solid chance guys.

The people in the square thread think Erdrick was cut from the base game and would probably say that it was his victory theme cut along with him. BUT it wouldn't make sense for a third party to be that early in the victory theme list.

I didn't realize that Ninten wasn't in the WOL mode at all. I think that its bizarre. It would then make sense he is a late addition as a spirit. The possibility of a mother anniversary edition or remake I think also bodes well for Ninten. The only thing that makes me doubt is that all the dlc picks seem to indicate 3rd parties. Despite this, you guys are keeping my hope for him up.
I don't think all the DLC will be third parties. Maybe most of them, but certainly not all. In Smash 4, there were 7 DLC characters. Three of them were returning characters, and 4 of them were newcomers. Of the newcomers, one of them was a Nintendo character. I think there will be at least one, maybe a promotional pick, and Ninten could be one to promote a Mother game coming to the Switch. Plus, there is music icon theory, which, if legit, suggests that 3 of the DLC will be representing new franchises, and 2 of the DLC characters from franchises already in the game. For the characters from franchises already in the game, one of them will most likely be a Nintendo character. I say that because I believe Geno will be one of those two characters, and he is in an interesting spot, as he is a Mario character, but legally owned by Square Enix. I think the other character has a good shot at being a Mother character, and with all the oddities, such as his spirit placement and the music situation, Ninten.

Thank you btw :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Whenever I think I am out, you guys pull me back in. I think Ninten has a solid chance guys.

The people in the square thread think Erdrick was cut from the base game and would probably say that it was his victory theme cut along with him. BUT it wouldn't make sense for a third party to be that early in the victory theme list.

I didn't realize that Ninten wasn't in the WOL mode at all. I think that its bizarre. It would then make sense he is a late addition as a spirit. The possibility of a mother anniversary edition or remake I think also bodes well for Ninten. The only thing that makes me doubt is that all the dlc picks seem to indicate 3rd parties. Despite this, you guys are keeping my hope for him up.
Heh, members of Laxcord called me the leader of the Ninten Defenders™ so I guess it's my duty to pull ya'll back in. ;)

I'm outright avoiding the Square and Geno threads as a whole right now since all they do is stress me out and make me upset. Which is why I'm only gonna be posting and lurking here until further notice.

It's kinda nonsensical for it to be a third party in the first place due to how long it takes to achieve the rights to third parties. And with Erdrick having like what 4-5 different rights holders? Yeah... There's no way all of them agreed for him to be base game... But honestly most would just say that I'm biased towards x or something. Which is hilarious. EVERYONE is biased. I actually try to be as unbiased as possible and people still give me crap which sucks but eh. I'm basically used to it at this point. People in that some threads are super difficult and smug at times... Can't have a different valid viewpoint in some places without being ignorant I guess..

Oh and I'm certainly gonna keep my out for more stuff! Just don't expect a revelation every day is all. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone brought me to this remix of Mother 1 done by a YouTuber named Jonny Atma. He remixes video game themes, and he has actually made a remix for the Mother 1 track Fallin Love! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71n5rgrSm4Y The video is a mix of multiple remixed themes, but for Fallin Love, go to 7:58 in the video

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Someone brought me to this remix of Mother 1 done by a YouTuber named Jonny Atma. He remixes video game themes, and he has actually made a remix for the Mother 1 track Fallin Love! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71n5rgrSm4Y The video is a mix of multiple remixed themes, but for Fallin Love, go to 7:58 in the video
You gotta hear his mix of Unfounded Revenge. It is on point.

Alrighty so I finally got all the characters and beat Classic Mode with all of them so I’m ready to start WOL! Though I feel like I should mention a couple things. One is Robin and Corrin’s Fighter spirits. One uses in game Smash renders for both male and female while the other uses game artwork. So uh. That’s a little strange.

Also take a look at the CSS for Classic when everyone’s unlocked.

EBDF267A-494E-4B6D-A4CE-C5ACF422664D.jpeg

There’s convieniently one slot open on the bottom row. Think Mystery character no. 70 was supposed to go there? It seems like they wanted the CSS for Classic to be precise or maybe I’m thinking too hard I dunno.

D

Deleted member

You gotta hear his mix of Unfounded Revenge. It is on point.

Alrighty so I finally got all the characters and beat Classic Mode with all of them so I’m ready to start WOL! Though I feel like I should mention a couple things. One is Robin and Corrin’s Fighter spirits. One uses in game Smash renders for both male and female while the other uses game artwork. So uh. That’s a little strange.

Also take a look at the CSS for Classic when everyone’s unlocked.

View attachment 185854

There’s convieniently one slot open on the bottom row. Think Mystery character no. 70 was supposed to go there? It seems like they wanted the CSS for Classic to be precise or maybe I’m thinking too hard I dunno.
No, I don't think you are thinking too hard. So far, everything in Ultimate is likely to have the roster in a perfect square or rectangle. You know how the Smash Ultimate website displays all the characters, 3 characters in each row? By the time all the DLC characters for wave 1 are on the website, there will be no empty slots. The stage select? It has 6 empty slots, 5 of them will be the 5 stages for the DLC characters, and the last slot may be for future DLC or custom stages, but I don't no for sure about the last slot. It's most likely an arrow though. This is why I believe music icon theory as well. If only 3 of the DLC characters will represent new franchises, then that makes the music menu into a perfect rectangle. The missing character looks like it belongs there

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No, I don't think you are thinking too hard. So far, everything in Ultimate is likely to have the roster in a perfect square or rectangle. You know how the Smash Ultimate website displays all the characters, 3 characters in each row? By the time all the DLC characters for wave 1 are on the website, there will be no empty slots. The stage select? It has 6 empty slots, 5 of them will be the 5 stages for the DLC characters, and the last slot may be for future DLC or custom stages, but I don't no for sure about the last slot. It's most likely an arrow though. This is why I believe music icon theory as well. If only 3 of the DLC characters will represent new franchises, then that makes the music menu into a perfect rectangle. The missing character looks like it belongs there
Yeah and with how Sakurai states no one was cut from being playable, it can’t be PP especially with the victory theme and music situation. It’s gotta be a first party that was cut with the sole purpose of being DLC. PP was also free for the first few months so Nintendo wouldn’t be too keen with that idea of not getting profits for the first two months. This whole situation gets more and more interesting

D

Deleted member

Yeah and with how Sakurai states no one was cut from being playable, it can’t be PP especially with the victory theme and music situation. It’s gotta be a first party that was cut with the sole purpose of being DLC. PP was also free for the first few months so Nintendo wouldn’t be too keen with that idea of not getting profits for the first two months. This whole situation gets more and more interesting
And I wonder what series is celebrating its 30th anniversary

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This was sent to me by a friend on Discord. According to him, he was correct about Animal Crossing and Let’s Go Announcements for Switch and has a really good track record.

7BE82482-155A-4D6A-ABC5-A31A3C1416BD.jpeg

...Oh boy...

D

Deleted member

According to my friend yes.
Oh, okay. As much as I want to believe this, I can't, just because they have accurate predictions.

I think Mother 3 or a remake of the 3 Mother games is happening regardless though :)

Also, one argument used commonly against Mother getting a new rep is that it is a finished series. What puts this argument into the trash is how much Mother content is currently in this game, especially after the amount of Mother content that was in Smash 4. A really weird amount of content if there were no plans of something Mother related this year

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. As much as I want to believe this, I can't, just because they have accurate predictions.

I think Mother 3 or a remake of the 3 Mother games is happening regardless though :)

Also, one argument used commonly against Mother getting a new rep is that it is a finished series. What puts this argument into the trash is how much Mother content is currently in this game, especially after the amount of Mother content that was in Smash 4. A really weird amount of content if there were no plans of something Mother related this year
Just figured I should post it just in case, especially if there’s updates. Just thought it was interesting because he didn’t mention EXACTLY what it was since Mother related things have a tendency to not get leaked and all that Jazz.

“Dead franchise.” Mega Man as a franchise was almost dead in the water when he came to Smash and no one complained then of his series being dead. No one complained about Pit being in Smash when his series WAS dead in the water. No one cares that Pichu and Greninja are currently outdated and irrelevant Pokemon. It’s a personal roster preference. And I didn’t know completed franchise meant dead. Many cancelled television series are still popular after they’re completed. Being finished doesn’t mean they aren’t popular enough for another rep.

Also King K Rool exists. Barely anyone outside of hardcore Smash and Nintendo fans cares about him.

D

Deleted member

Just figured I should post it just in case, especially if there’s updates. Just thought it was interesting because he didn’t mention EXACTLY what it was since Mother related things have a tendency to not get leaked and all that Jazz.

“Dead franchise.” Mega Man as a franchise was almost dead in the water when he came to Smash and no one complained then of his series being dead. No one complained about Pit being in Smash when his series WAS dead in the water. No one cares that Pichu and Greninja are currently outdated and irrelevant Pokemon. It’s a personal roster preference. And I didn’t know completed franchise meant dead. Many cancelled television series are still popular after they’re completed. Being finished doesn’t mean they aren’t popular enough for another rep.

Also King K Rool exists. Barely anyone outside of hardcore Smash and Nintendo fans cares about him.
The "dead" and "irrelevant" "arguments" are as irrelevant and dead as they make the games out to be. They are worthless arguments.

I think K Rool is more popular and introduced to casual fans now that he is in Smash. Mother will infinitely become more popular if it gets a new rep in Smash. Mother 1 would benefit the most of all the Mother games, as we do not have a rep in Smash from that game of the series. It will be more popular if Ninten gets in as a unique character, or if he is an echo in a potential echo pass along with Porky being one of the DLC

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't see anything wrong in adding another Mother rep.The series is finished,yes,but Smash keeps it alive and this game clearly shows it. (content,amiibos,Ness and Lucas in that Super Mario Maker power up,etc). I don't see a remake in the future (hope it does though,as much as I love the first game,it aged horribly),but I'm sure EB Beginnings will be on Nintendo Switch Online sooner or later.

D

Deleted member

I don't see anything wrong in adding another Mother rep.The series is finished,yes,but Smash keeps it alive and this game clearly shows it. (content,amiibos,Ness and Lucas in that Super Mario Maker power up,etc). I don't see a remake in the future (hope it does though,as much as I love the first game,it aged horribly),but I'm sure EB Beginnings will be on Nintendo Switch Online sooner or later.
If FE can get 7 reps, then Mother deserves to get at the very least one more rep. I want it to become the new FE in terms of reps lmao

I love Mother 1 so much. It's extremely underrated. I hope it gets a remake along with the other 3 Mother games too. I have seen some people suggest that, if there were a Mother 1 remake, it should have rolling HP, but I think it should be kept, because it is one of the things that makes Mother 1 Mother 1. I think enemies should be visible though. It's something that, if I'm not mistaken, a lot of the older RPGs have, and no one likes it.

I think there will definitely be something Mother related next year, whether it be a new rep in Smash, or a Mother game on the Switch. There has to be something

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
If FE can get 7 reps, then Mother deserves to get at the very least one more rep. I want it to become the new FE in terms of reps lmao
One thing I find extremely weird with FE in Smash is the fact that it has 7 characters but barely any stages. FE in Ultimate only has 3 stages,while MOTHER the "dead franchise" has 4 (and has been getting a new one since Melee)

D

Deleted member

One thing I find extremely weird with FE in Smash is the fact that it has 7 characters but barely any stages. FE in Ultimate only has 3 stages,while MOTHER the "dead franchise" has 4 (and has been getting a new one since Melee)
That says a lot honestly.

I don't know why people call it a "dead" franchise. It is simply finished. And who knows, Itoi may change his mind. We may not get a brand new game, but I think we will either get Mother 3 translated or a remake of the 3 Mother games

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the double post, but The Anigriffin The Anigriffin , do you think you could make the Ninten icon you created smaller, about as small as the original Ninten icon in my signature?

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I haven't posted on Smashboards in 3 years but I just wanted to post here to say how much I love the idea of a Mother 1 rep in Smash. Even if it's not Ninten, Ana or Giygas would do just as well for me. I've always wanted a Mother 1 rep in Smash, it's my favorite of the franchise. But I always got drowned out and spammed by people requesting Porky and Masked Man and Flint and Kumatora and Duster and every goddamn Mother 3 character for Smash instead.

Unpopular opinion: Mother shouldn't get another rep ever unless it's a Mother 1 rep. EarthBound and Mother 3 are already represented with fighters, they don't need any more. Mother 1 has amazing potential for a unique fighter without even needing to copy a single thing off Ness or Lucas.

D

Deleted member

I haven't posted on Smashboards in 3 years but I just wanted to post here to say how much I love the idea of a Mother 1 rep in Smash. Even if it's not Ninten, Ana or Giygas would do just as well for me. I've always wanted a Mother 1 rep in Smash, it's my favorite of the franchise. But I always got drowned out and spammed by people requesting Porky and Masked Man and Flint and Kumatora and Duster and every goddamn Mother 3 character for Smash instead.

Unpopular opinion: Mother shouldn't get another rep ever unless it's a Mother 1 rep. EarthBound and Mother 3 are already represented with fighters, they don't need any more. Mother 1 has amazing potential for a unique fighter without even needing to copy a single thing off Ness or Lucas.
I agree. Mother 1 is a very underrated game as well. People don't like it for no rolling HP or you can't see the enemies, and while it does make the game difficult, it makes the game what it is, and I love it.

It deserves more love, and a Mother 1 rep would make it significantly more popular.

And yeah, people just say that a new fighter should be from Mother 3, but the only thing to for them to "signify" it is "mOTheR 3 iS MOrE pOpUlaR ThaN MotHeR 1."

Unique moveset potential is another thing people forget about the Mother 1 characters too. They judge by MUH THEY LOOK THE SAME and not even pay attention to what they can do

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright so I finished the first portion of WOL yesterday with my friend and we were both honestly surprised by the amount of EB spirits there were in it and I almost cried from laughing so hard at the Buzz Buzz spirit. That one is literal perfection and you can't change my mind. I'll do an EB spirit and Adventure mode analysis when I finish the Story!

Sorry about the double post, but The Anigriffin The Anigriffin , do you think you could make the Ninten icon you created smaller, about as small as the original Ninten icon in my signature?
Oh yeah I can do that. Gimmie a bit though.

This. This right here. As much as I'd love MM (But that's only because he's my favorite Mother character) a Mother 1 rep would be a much better choice. Ninten, Giegue, Ana, or even Loid could all bring new things to the table all while making sure all three games are represented.

Also by the way your pfp is probably the best thing I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member

Alright so I finished the first portion of WOL yesterday with my friend and we were both honestly surprised by the amount of EB spirits there were in it and I almost cried from laughing so hard at the Buzz Buzz spirit. That one is literal perfection and you can't change my mind. I'll do an EB spirit and Adventure mode analysis when I finish the Story!

Oh yeah I can do that. Gimmie a bit though.

This. This right here. As much as I'd love MM (But that's only because he's my favorite Mother character) a Mother 1 rep would be a much better choice. Ninten, Giegue, Ana, or even Loid could all bring new things to the table all while making sure all three games are represented.

Also by the way your pfp is probably the best thing I've ever seen.
Take as much time as you need :)

I love how many EB spirits there are. Buzz Buzz's spirit is awesome.

I agree as well with Mother 1 needing fighter representation. Just the fighter, or a Mother 1 fighter to go along with an EB or Mother 3 fighter. Mother 1 fighter is the priority though

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
Here's a Mother 1 rep (In this case, I chose Ana. I just like Ana, okay?) moveset I made a few months ago. Some attacks I might change on down the line, to fit more with the character and less for "random mother 1 references". There's a lot to use from Mother 1, and I love the game a lot, so I tried to represent it with as much love as possible, but I may have gone a teeny bit overboard.

(Oh, sorry for the huge image by the way.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a Mother 1 rep (In this case, I chose Ana. I just like Ana, okay?) moveset I made a few months ago. Some attacks I might change on down the line, to fit more with the character and less for "random mother 1 references". There's a lot to use from Mother 1, and I love the game a lot, so I tried to represent it with as much love as possible, but I may have gone a teeny bit overboard.

Just goes to show the unique moveset potential for Mother 1 characters that people overlook because TheY lOoK tHe sAmE

I really like a lot of these attacks as well, like the rope as a down tilt, the boomerang as an up smash, and one of Teddy's swords as a dash attack (lol)

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman

Ana is great and this whole moveset is really well done. It really proves how much Mother 1 can add to the game.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Good lord this puts my Ninten moveset to shame! Amazing job!

I should probs mention this. I haven't followed the whole "Hero" datamine leak super closely since implying it could be anyone other than Erdrick seems to ruffle some feathers, but there are some things that I learned about it that are most likely not going to be altered later down the development process. It doesn't have a rapid jab like let's say Greninja, it doesn't have the ability to wall jump, and it's model is shorter than Luigi. So uh. That's a wee bit interesting.

In other news I beat WOL finally, and I still can't believe the amount of EB spirits that were present throughout it and yeah sure enough, Ninten was the only Mother 1 spirit to not show up. I also think it's hilarious that Kaptain K Rool shows up in WOL despite him and K. Rool being the same person. And I noticed quite a few spirit battles that involved Kirby and uh... Doesn't that go directly against the lore of the story? I mean it doesn't bug me personally, but for those that are sticklers with the spirits can't be fighters due to "the deep lore", argumenrt, that argument's kinda dumb when the story mode itself doesn't seem to give a crap.

Imma now New Game Plus this bad boy with my squad of overpowered spirits. :D

Don't worry I'm gonna do an EB spirit analysis be patient young grasshoppers.

D

Deleted member

Good lord this puts my Ninten moveset to shame! Amazing job!

I should probs mention this. I haven't followed the whole "Hero" datamine leak super closely since implying it could be anyone other than Erdrick seems to ruffle some feathers, but there are some things that I learned about it that are most likely not going to be altered later down the development process. It doesn't have a rapid jab like let's say Greninja, it doesn't have the ability to wall jump, and it's model is shorter than Luigi. So uh. That's a wee bit interesting.

In other news I beat WOL finally, and I still can't believe the amount of EB spirits that were present throughout it and yeah sure enough, Ninten was the only Mother 1 spirit to not show up. I also think it's hilarious that Kaptain K Rool shows up in WOL despite him and K. Rool being the same person. And I noticed quite a few spirit battles that involved Kirby and uh... Doesn't that go directly against the lore of the story? I mean it doesn't bug me personally, but for those that are sticklers with the spirits can't be fighters due to "the deep lore", argumenrt, that argument's kinda dumb when the story mode itself doesn't seem to give a crap.

Imma now New Game Plus this bad boy with my squad of overpowered spirits. :D

Don't worry I'm gonna do an EB spirit analysis be patient young grasshoppers.
Well, the datamine is called "brave."

I also found out that the size of the character is not linear, so the size of the character doesn't mean anything in trying to figure out who the character is.

The character is heavier and slower than Joker and lighter and faster than Piranha Plant, doesn't have a wall jump, doesn't have a rapid jab, is pretty heavy, either the heaviest middleweight or the lightest heavyweight, and is apparently floaty. The character also seems to slide a lot. Someone play-tested this by putting the "brave" character's stats over Ike, and came to the conclusion that the character slides quite a bit.

I can't wait for the spirit analysis :D

Btw how is it going with making the icon smaller? Take as much time as you need of course, just curious

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, the datamine is called "brave."

I also found out that the size of the character is not linear, so the size of the character doesn't mean anything in trying to figure out who the character is.

The character is heavier and slower than Joker and lighter and faster than Piranha Plant, doesn't have a wall jump, doesn't have a rapid jab, is pretty heavy, either the heaviest middleweight or the lightest heavyweight, and is apparently floaty. The character also seems to slide a lot. Someone play-tested this by putting the "brave" character's stats over Ike, and came to the conclusion that the character slides quite a bit.

I can't wait for the spirit analysis :D

Btw how is it going with making the icon smaller? Take as much time as you need of course, just curious
I'm.... Actually pretty sure it's Yuusha which translates into "hero" so the name brave was technically a misnomer.

The deal with that is if height can be altered, so can weight and floatyness, and literally anything else. Which is why I'm gonna stick with the height since that would be the hardest to alter down the line since you want the character models to look pristine, while weight and other movement stats can easily be altered like PP's stats were. At least that makes the most sense to me. Kinda dumb to import a character's height, then add other stats then go back and alter the frame of the fighter. That's honestly super backwards if you ask me. The character's height would be the most likely thing added and perfected first. Though weight really just means density and overall size doesn't matter. Mewtwo is one of the lightest characters in the game and some shorter characters like Lucas I'm pretty sure are middleweights. Either way, if that size stays the same, that'd narrow the pool of who it could be really quick. I'm pretty sure it's not the square rep though and I'm going to stick with that notion until they're revealed. I'm sticking with my gut this time and I ain't budgin.

Aaaaaand there I go rambling again yay me. I do have one question though. Was this character found in the files before Joker or was that just a rumor?

Oof yeah the EB spirits might take a bit. Gonna level them all up to 99 first for sure. Also I wanna just say this now. Anyone notice how the dark spirit you have to beat to access the bridge in WOLAD was Claus and the light spirit was Hinawa? Both Mother 3 spirits. And the spirit you get for beating Adventure Mode? Another Mother 3 spirit. Oh lordy this is gonna be a wild ride.

Bout the icon. Currently trying to find the original Illustrator file. I really hope I didn't trash it...

D

Deleted member

I'm.... Actually pretty sure it's Yuusha which translates into "hero" so the name brave was technically a misnomer.

The deal with that is if height can be altered, so can weight and floatyness, and literally anything else. Which is why I'm gonna stick with the height since that would be the hardest to alter down the line since you want the character models to look pristine, while weight and other movement stats can easily be altered like PP's stats were. At least that makes the most sense to me. Kinda dumb to import a character's height, then add other stats then go back and alter the frame of the fighter. That's honestly super backwards if you ask me. The character's height would be the most likely thing added and perfected first. Though weight really just means density and overall size doesn't matter. Mewtwo is one of the lightest characters in the game and some shorter characters like Lucas I'm pretty sure are middleweights. Either way, if that size stays the same, that'd narrow the pool of who it could be really quick. I'm pretty sure it's not the square rep though and I'm going to stick with that notion until they're revealed. I'm sticking with my gut this time and I ain't budgin.

Aaaaaand there I go rambling again yay me. I do have one question though. Was this character found in the files before Joker or was that just a rumor?

Oof yeah the EB spirits might take a bit. Gonna level them all up to 99 first for sure. Also I wanna just say this now. Anyone notice how the dark spirit you have to beat to access the bridge in WOLAD was Claus and the light spirit was Hinawa? Both Mother 3 spirits. And the spirit you get for beating Adventure Mode? Another Mother 3 spirit. Oh lordy this is gonna be a wild ride.

Bout the icon. Currently trying to find the original Illustrator file. I really hope I didn't trash it...
"Brave" was found in the files just after a code name called "jack" which people think is referring to Joker.

Those are good points.

And more attention to the Mother series.

I hope you didn't trash it as well :D If you did though, it's alright

I think I am going to hit the hay as well. Good night!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
"Brave" was found in the files just after a code name called "jack" which people think is referring to Joker.

Those are good points.

And more attention to the Mother series.

I hope you didn't trash it as well :D If you did though, it's alright

I think I am going to hit the hay as well. Good night!
Huh. Interesting.

Yeah, I'm really starting to feel like something's up, but I'm not gonna cash my chips on my super wild theory just quite yet.

I FOUND THE FILE THANK GOD. What approximate size did you want?

Top Bottom