• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Posted this in the Porky thread, but may as well leave this here too (forgive me if someone has already linked it). Here's footage of the likely fake Porky "leak":
Yeah it’s mega fake. The distortion is there to try to hide how they’re just using Ness’s trophy from Brawl and Giygas’s sprites from EB.

Real picture leaks are almost never distorted, and for Smash the real ones were never like that. The Ken leak and the ESRB ones were pretty clear.

Reminds me of this Skull Kid leak that went around that was just a clip from a video someone edited. I guess someone got really bored lulz. I know that feel. I made a crappy riddle leak once but it didn’t get anywhere.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
I do love the feeling of this leak, though. The fanbase is still strong, still hopeful. If I was Ninten and the others, my heart would be warmed by the fact my fans still remember me for so long afterwards. You are all great fans, and are exactly the kind of people all gamers should be. Excited and thrilled for your character, but eternally patient. You make me glad to have found this amazing fanbase and to join it. This leak may not be right, but I hope something that makes Mother fans happy comes this E3 that will make us all cry as Nintendo does it again with something we never saw coming but always wanted.

D

Deleted member

You know, in a Mother trilogy remake, I think it would be cool if you could just hit stuff in the overworld with your weapon.

You could hit an enemy to start a battle, or you could hit a tree to make an item fall.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Did anyone see the recent leak that surfaced? If not it had ness looking at porky and giygas from across some rocks. Probably not real but interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I'm back, baby! Wooo! (Was busy doing some irl stuff non stop, finally had it all done)
And for the people who have joined the thread, Heya!

Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

Yeah it’s mega fake. The distortion is there to try to hide how they’re just using Ness’s trophy from Brawl and Giygas’s sprites from EB.

Real picture leaks are almost never distorted, and for Smash the real ones were never like that. The Ken leak and the ESRB ones were pretty clear.

Reminds me of this Skull Kid leak that went around that was just a clip from a video someone edited. I guess someone got really bored lulz. I know that feel. I made a crappy riddle leak once but it didn’t get anywhere.
It is fake, specially if we go by the logic of Nintendo hiding and not including spoilers. And let's not mention the quality, it's probably someone else' animation or the guy is an animator of sorts. Not to mention this doesn't look like Smash and much less does it look like a Smash character announcement.

Still really cool looking, the person who made it deserves some recognition for making it look cool.

I do love the feeling of this leak, though. The fanbase is still strong, still hopeful. If I was Ninten and the others, my heart would be warmed by the fact my fans still remember me for so long afterwards. You are all great fans, and are exactly the kind of people all gamers should be. Excited and thrilled for your character, but eternally patient. You make me glad to have found this amazing fanbase and to join it. This leak may not be right, but I hope something that makes Mother fans happy comes this E3 that will make us all cry as Nintendo does it again with something we never saw coming but always wanted.
It's so nice to find more awesome people like you joining this thread. Like you, I am also glad that I found this thread and saw that the people were so cool that I just had to join!
Seeing some of your previous posts, I would find it cool that Nintendo not only made a MOTHER remake and/or add Ninten in Smash, but also seeing a new F-Zero for the switch with online features.

After all, Nintendo has proven that they can make a not very popular game something awesome and appealing. Fire Emblem was not doing so great until Awakening is an example, and let's not forget Kid Icarus and how it's one of the 3D's masterpieces for some people.

Not to mention that for being an NES game, MOTHER 1 / Earthbound Beginnings has a really epic story, in my opinion. Some cutscenes would probably be just as emotional as Wind Waker with that goodbye scene early game with the grandma, for example. (god, that scene breaks my heart every time).

One last thing to notice is that it's not impossible for Ninten redesigned to appear before his game is announced, as that has been done with Roy in Melee and Greninja in Smash 4. Where they gave Sakurai concept art and he used the design and ideas to make a moveset, pretty sure that could also be done for Ninten. It's never too impossible for any realizable character to appear in Smash.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
You know, in a Mother trilogy remake, I think it would be cool if you could just hit stuff in the overworld with your weapon.

You could hit an enemy to start a battle, or you could hit a tree to make an item fall.
So what you're saying is... add the first strikes from the Mario RPG's? I mean, don't the games already essentially have that, except you have to touch them from behind? I mean, it could still be fun to see, though

It's so nice to find more awesome people like you joining this thread. Like you, I am also glad that I found this thread and saw that the people were so cool that I just had to join!
Seeing some of your previous posts, I would find it cool that Nintendo not only made a MOTHER remake and/or add Ninten in Smash, but also seeing a new F-Zero for the switch with online features.

After all, Nintendo has proven that they can make a not very popular game something awesome and appealing. Fire Emblem was not doing so great until Awakening is an example, and let's not forget Kid Icarus and how it's one of the 3D's masterpieces for some people.

Not to mention that for being an NES game, MOTHER 1 / Earthbound Beginnings has a really epic story, in my opinion. Some cutscenes would probably be just as emotional as Wind Waker with that goodbye scene early game with the grandma, for example. (god, that scene breaks my heart every time).

One last thing to notice is that it's not impossible for Ninten redesigned to appear before his game is announced, as that has been done with Roy in Melee and Greninja in Smash 4. Where they gave Sakurai concept art and he used the design and ideas to make a moveset, pretty sure that could also be done for Ninten. It's never too impossible for any realizable character to appear in Smash.
I'm not holding my breath for F-Zero beyond an HD rerelease of GX. In a way, Nintendo is right. There's not much left to do for the series after GX. It mastered the high speed gameplay F-Zero was known for and did it on a system that could really show off the visual impressiveness of the series. Only thing left is online.

Now, I haven't played Mother, but the only game that managed to make me cry was Skyward Sword. (Fi's Farewell is just so dang sad). If Mother 1 is even half as emotional as that game, a new generation of fans deserve to see that.

Sakurai does redesigns, especially for the NES characters, all the dang time. Most of the redesigns end of being the definitive look of the character everyone recognized. Sakurai could easily create a design that simultaneously matches the original NES sprite, but distinguishes him from Ness clearly.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Now, I haven't played Mother, but the only game that managed to make me cry was Skyward Sword. (Fi's Farewell is just so dang sad). If Mother 1 is even half as emotional as that game, a new generation of fans deserve to see that.

Sakurai does redesigns, especially for the NES characters, all the dang time. Most of the redesigns end of being the definitive look of the character everyone recognized. Sakurai could easily create a design that simultaneously matches the original NES sprite, but distinguishes him from Ness clearly.
Exactly! Sakurai has always redesigned and updated characters from the NES era. The Ice Climbers definitely did not look how they do in Smash, most of their official art had them looking a bit different. And let's not even add Pit from Kid Icarus.
In fact, Ninten getting in with a redesign would basically leave the doors open for a MOTHER remake or a trilogy remake in the future in the case they haven't started developing one already.

I wouldn't mind just seeing something as vague as a confirmation that Nintendo is developing a remake of MOTHER, kinda like with Animal Crossing where they basically did just that.

Since it's an NES game, they would have to add more content to it, but most of the content is already present there anyway when it comes to the story and characters' backstory.

Imagine this what-if scenario, Ninten gets confirmed for Smash with a trailer of sorts, and when it ends it stays paused instead of fading to black as it zooms out to see a dark figure (Giegue) in the corner staring at the paused trailer that is being displayed through some sort of hologram before it all fades to black. Then we get the MOTHER title but remake/redesigned and below a "coming in [insert season and/or year]".

Also, I agree. I'm one of the rare people who did not mind Fi at all. In fact I like her cuz she ends up adding more significance and importance to the Master Sword. And her being a mechanical behaving spirit really fits with whenever she comes in to tell you that the batteries are running out of power. And I like games warning me about that than not telling me and then having me dying cuz I can't play.
It's also really awesome seeing an apparently emotionless character slowly become Link's friend. Her farewell is definitely one of the most emotional moments in my opinion along with Link's grandma from Wind Waker.

On a different note, I made a Mt. Itoi stage! But I don't know what song to put for it. Any ideas? I'm thinking Pollyana but I still would like to see if anyone else knows a more fitting theme before I publish it.

Last edited:

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Exactly! Sakurai has always redesigned and updated characters from the NES era. The Ice Climbers definitely did not look how they do in Smash, most of their official art had them looking a bit different. And let's not even add Pit from Kid Icarus.
In fact, Ninten getting in with a redesign would basically leave the doors open for a MOTHER remake or a trilogy remake in the future in the case they haven't started developing one already.

I wouldn't mind just seeing something as vague as a confirmation that Nintendo is developing a remake of MOTHER, kinda like with Animal Crossing where they basically did just that.

Since it's an NES game, they would have to add more content to it, but most of the content is already present there anyway when it comes to the story and characters' backstory.

Imagine this what-if scenario, Ninten gets confirmed for Smash with a trailer of sorts, and when it ends it stays paused instead of fading to black as it zooms out to see a dark figure (Giegue) in the corner staring at the paused trailer that is being displayed through some sort of hologram before it all fades to black. Then we get the MOTHER title but remake/redesigned and below a "coming in [insert season and/or year]".

Also, I agree. I'm one of the rare people who did not mind Fi at all. In fact I like her cuz she ends up adding more significance and importance to the Master Sword. And her being a mechanical behaving spirit really fits with whenever she comes in to tell you that the batteries are running out of power. And I like games warning me about that than not telling me and then having me dying cuz I can't play.
It's also really awesome seeing an apparently emotionless character slowly become Link's friend. Her farewell is definitely one of the most emotional moments in my opinion along with Link's grandma from Wind Waker.

On a different note, I made a Mt. Itoi stage! But I don't know what song to put for it. Any ideas? I'm thinking Pollyana but I still would like to see if anyone else knows a more fitting theme before I publish it.
Personally, I think the Collection has been in development for years. I can think of multiple reasons of why it has taken so long, so it wouldn't surprise me.

As for Mt. Itoi, either the literally Mt. Itoi theme or Eight Melodies imo

D

Deleted member

Hmm...I think Magicant would be a good track.

Also do you mind if you could post it here after you're finished? I'd really like to see it (but it's alright if you can't lol).

Teochard

Smash Apprentice

Also do you mind if you could post it here after you're finished? I'd really like to see it (but it's alright if you can't lol).
Honestly, the Mother track I want most in Smash that isn't already is Wisdom of the World, especially its vocal version. I'm honestly shocked it wasn't added in Ultimate as a new track instead of Magicant again.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the Mother track I want most in Smash that isn't already is Wisdom of the World, especially its vocal version. I'm honestly shocked it wasn't added in Ultimate as a new track instead of Magicant again.
Maybe Wisdom of the World could be added as a track with Ninten as DLC.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Wisdom of the World could be added as a track with Ninten as DLC.
I can only hope. I only hope that Ninten's stage isn't so... gimmicky. I love weird stages, but I can never get someone to play something like Magicant or Onett with me.

D

Deleted member

I can only hope. I only hope that Ninten's stage isn't so... gimmicky. I love weird stages, but I can never get someone to play something like Magicant or Onett with me.
Really? Huh, Magicant is my favorite stage in the game, and Onett is one of my favorites.

If it's not too gimmicky though I could see something like Podunk. But I like Mt. Itoi or even Twinkle Elementary School the most for potential stages to come along with Ninten.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Really? Huh, Magicant is my favorite stage in the game, and Onett is one of my favorites.

If it's not too gimmicky though I could see something like Podunk. But I like Mt. Itoi or even Twinkle Elementary School the most for potential stages to come along with Ninten.
Well, see all of my friends complain about the weird geometry of Onett and Magicant, not to mention the Runaway Five and Flying Men. I have to bargain with them to play anything not Battlefield version or Omega.

I think I would most like to see Itoi, but Podunk and Twinkle Elementary would be great.

D

Deleted member

Well, see all of my friends complain about the weird geometry of Onett and Magicant, not to mention the Runaway Five and Flying Men. I have to bargain with them to play anything not Battlefield version or Omega.

I think I would most like to see Itoi, but Podunk and Twinkle Elementary would be great.
Oh ok. The Flying Men are fun to troll people in the stage with though imo.

And yeah, I like all the potential stage ideas for Ninten. Maybe even Rosemary Mansion could work.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok. The Flying Men are fun to troll people in the stage with though imo.

And yeah, I like all the potential stage ideas for Ninten. Maybe even Rosemary Mansion could work.
I personally adore dumb stages that just allow nonsense to happen. The Flying Men are just fun to see rock other players while you sip on a drink, putting your controller down.

I mean, Sakurai has an entire RPG world full of locations to pick. Compared to most NES games, Mother has a ton of locations to pick.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

Thank you! When I saw you saying Magicant I thought it would be good, the 3Ds and Wii U version has the eight melodies and I put the XX stone on the stage, so it is kinda fitting! As the XX stone is the final melody and you go to Magicant after its encounter.

And don't worry, I was planning to post the stage once it was finished. Here it is!

Mt. Itoi Stage by Dib.png

It doesn't have any hazards. Other than the stage being slightly lower and being a bit wobly on the sides, it's a regular stage. Maybe next time I'll make it again as a different angle! Like maybe with walk offs and having it a view of the background. But I wanted to make this simpler stage first, since it's been a bit since I touched the stage builder.

(And yes, I know it's not perfect or canonically accurate. Next time I make it I may make it more accurate to the game when it comes to locations.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally adore dumb stages that just allow nonsense to happen. The Flying Men are just fun to see rock other players while you sip on a drink, putting your controller down.

I mean, Sakurai has an entire RPG world full of locations to pick. Compared to most NES games, Mother has a ton of locations to pick.
Very much agree on the nonsense stages. I like the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City for that reason too.

And that's another thing I love about it and it's potential to bring to Smash.

Thank you! When I saw you saying Magicant I thought it would be good, the 3Ds and Wii U version has the eight melodies and I put the XX stone on the stage, so it is kinda fitting! As the XX stone is the final melody and you go to Magicant after its encounter.

And don't worry, I was planning to post the stage once it was finished. Here it is!

View attachment 224585

It doesn't have any hazards. Other than the stage being slightly lower and being a bit wobly on the sides, it's a regular stage. Maybe next time I'll make it again as a different angle! Like maybe with walk offs and having it a view of the background. But I wanted to make this simpler stage first, since it's been a bit since I touched the stage builder.

(And yes, I know it's not perfect or canonically accurate. Next time I make it I may make it more accurate to the game when it comes to locations.)
This is awesome. Every time I try to make a stage that even just slightly resembles a location in a game I fail miserable. Nice job on this!

Teochard

Smash Apprentice

Better than anything I can make. I'd struggle to even make a semi-straight square.
Very much agree on the nonsense stages. I like the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City for that reason too.
Only reason I don't like New Pork is the size. My mains require close blast zones lol.

D

Deleted member

Better than anything I can make. I'd struggle to even make a semi-straight square.

Only reason I don't like New Pork is the size. My mains require close blast zones lol.
Yeah, New Pork is really big. I think that's the only thing I don't like about it, but, even then, I still have fun with the stage.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, New Pork is really big. I think that's the only thing I don't like about it, but, even then, I still have fun with the stage.
It really helps that the Chimera's are instant kills now. But I still don't play it that often. At least it's better than Temple, Palutena's Temple, or Great Cave Offensive.

D

Deleted member

It really helps that the Chimera's are instant kills now. But I still don't play it that often. At least it's better than Temple, Palutena's Temple, or Great Cave Offensive.
Yeah. Hyrule Temple is fun for me. Palutena's Temple is....eh....okay I guess.

Great Cave Offensive is the biggest cluster**** of a stage.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Hyrule Temple is fun for me. Palutena's Temple is....eh....okay I guess.

Great Cave Offensive is the biggest cluster**** of a stage.
All I know is I need a Mother stage that is not overly wacky so I can battle to Mother music without twisting my friends' arms into playing a stage that's actually fun.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
What I want: Mt. Itoi

What I think we’d get: Podunk Zoo

I’m fine with ether though as they’d both have some interesting hazards.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice

Thing is that I feel like Sakurai will want to something later on in the adventure. For example, if he does Mt. Itoi, he can have EVE and the other robot I forget the name of fighting in the background, Giegue as an actual stage hazard, and have Ana and Lloyd as part of the Final Smash, making it so that, minus Teddy, pretty much all the major characters of Mother 1 are accounted for in some way in the Ninten DLC.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thing is that I feel like Sakurai will want to something later on in the adventure. For example, if he does Mt. Itoi, he can have EVE and the other robot I forget the name of fighting in the background, Giegue as an actual stage hazard, and have Ana and Lloyd as part of the Final Smash, making it so that, minus Teddy, pretty much all the major characters of Mother 1 are accounted for in some way in the Ninten DLC.
I guess New Pork City was pretty late into M3 now that I think about it...

EVE and R7038-XX fighting in the background would be dope as hell.

D

Deleted member

Oh I forgot about Podunk Zoo. I think that would make for a great stage as well.

Huh, that's a good point. Maybe it could show the previous version of the robot, R7037, blowing up Teddy to kinda represent Teddy, as weird as that would be lol.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh I forgot about Podunk Zoo. I think that would make for a great stage as well.

Huh, that's a good point. Maybe it could show the previous version of the robot, R7037, blowing up Teddy to kinda represent Teddy, as weird as that would be lol.
081EC8AF-E94A-4604-85AB-5D0FC3455C96.png

I finally have an excuse to post this gem.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Mmm I wouldn't say that the Ice Climbers designs are that far from the ones they had back in the NES days, but yeah the Kid Icarus characters had quite a major redesign. I know there was already a discussion about this in the past, but I still wonder how would Sakurai design Ninten in order to distinguish him enough from Ness.

In case there isn't really going to be a Mother remake annouced soon, you guys think there's a possibility that Mother 1 will be included on the NES library of the online service of the Switch? I really would love to try it out.

Speaking of emotional/sad moments from the Legend of Zelda series...

How did you react to the ending of the Wind Waker?

I'm asking this cuz not too long ago I got to finish the game, and honestly that ending really let me down.
I mean, I don't really think that it was supposed to be sad, but come on, just seeing a sad Aryll waving goodbye at Link (kind of like in the Gramma scene), not knowing when would his brother return (or if he really would ever return), really killed a smile in my face on that day.
Totally not what I was hoping for, after experiencing such an epic adventure. And the worst part is that we never really got to know if Link returns to Outset Island after Phantom Hourglass.

I know it's just a game, but damn, guess sometimes fictional characters can really leave a big impact on us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mmm I wouldn't say that the Ice Climbers designs are that far from the ones they had back in the NES days, but yeah the Kid Icarus characters had quite a major redesign. I know there was already a discussion about this in the past, but I still wonder how would Sakurai design Ninten in order to distinguish him enough from Ness.

In case there isn't really going to be a Mother remake annouced soon, you guys think there's a possibility that Mother 1 will be included on the NES library of the online service of the Switch? I really would love to try it out.

I'm asking this cuz not too long ago I got to finish the game, and honestly that ending really let me down.
I mean, I don't really think that it was supposed to be sad, but come on, just seeing a sad Aryll waving goodbye at Link (kind of like in the Gramma scene), not knowing when would his brother return (or if he really would ever return), really killed a smile in my face that idea.
Totally not what I was hoping for, after experiencing such an epic adventure. And the worst part is that we never really got to know if Link returns to Outset Island after Phantom Hourglass.

I know it's just a game, but damn, guess sometimes fictional characters can really leave a big impact on us.
For a Ninten design for Smash, his Mother 1 Japanese commercial design is distinguishable enough from Ness (blue, red, and white striped shirt, and a bandana). They could also redesign him with things like a belt, spikier hair sticking out through his cap (which could be flipped backwards), pie eyes, and cheek blushes.

I think it's possible for Mother 1 to be on the NES online or eShop if there isn't a Mother trilogy remake, but I think there will be a Mother trilogy remake.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

I mean, I don't really think that it was supposed to be sad, but come on, just seeing a sad Aryll waving goodbye at Link (kind of like in the Gramma scene), not knowing when would his brother return (or if he really would ever return), really killed a smile in my face that idea.

I agree with you, I guess it's all up to the player's imagination.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Cool.

It means Wonderful in German. :ness:
Can confirm both ends. Tuesday is the ideal day imo. Also, I don't speak German, but I have enough German blood to know some words. Great thing about German is that most words are literally just two smaller words put together. Like the word for turtle is literally "armored frog"

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Can confirm both ends. Tuesday is the ideal day imo. Also, I don't speak German, but I have enough German blood to know some words. Great thing about German is that most words are literally just two smaller words put together. Like the word for turtle is literally "armored frog"
I took three years in High School so I know a little bit, including the word for Puffin which I think was Papaugautaugen. Probably botched the spelling up terribly but I think that’s what it was called? My friend kept calling himself that a lot for some reason. Didn’t retain much at all BUT I did learn a lot about the culture which was a lot of fun. Got sick from eating too much gingerbread during our Christmas party and couldn’t eat the stuff for years Heh.

And alright. I’ll do one final look through tomorrow and post on Tuesday.

Top Bottom