• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Well that's a surprise hehe

I personally kind of feel like Lucas and Claus are practically the only ones that really needed a redesign (based on their current ones, of course), the rest of the characters are pretty much ok, I guess (the scientist looks pretty good tho).

And since I'm such a fan of the N64, I think that I would have really enjoyed it.
Yeah lol. Here I decided to spoil the next bit for Mother 3:

Isaac I think is a character that really needs a redesign as well.

The only N64 game I played is Mario Tennis, I should play more N64 games.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would love to play EB64, even a demo. It looks super ambitious with all the darkness I associate with Mother 3.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
The death of EB64 brought about Mother 3 as we know it, so I'm kind of glad it never panned out. Plus, being an N64 game, I doubt it would have aged nearly as gracefully as Mother 3 has. It would've lacked the iconic art style of EarthBound to an even greater extent.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I have come up with a full moveset for Ninten. I thought carefully about how each move would function. This is all with an original moveset in mind.

I’ve included a few standard attacks in which he releases bursts of PSI energy similarly to Ness and Lucas. I had the idea in which his PSI energy resembles musical notes, going off my PK Music idea. However, I’m going to leave it up to you to imagine what his standard PSI attacks look like, whether as PK Techno or whatever you wish.

Also, this is all a rough draft.

Ninten's jumps are similar to Ness and Lucas's, except he spins horizontally with his double jump. If facing east, his spins to the left with his forward jump and right with his backward jump and vise-versa when facing west. His dodge animations are also similar to the other two.

Standard moveset:

Neutral Attack: A one-two jab, and a rapid kick combo which concludes with a short swing of Hank’s Bat.

Forward Tilt: With his slingshot, he fires a pellet at a short-range.

Up Tilt: Waves his hand releasing a stream of PSI energy upward that spreads out in an arc.

Down Tilt: Does a shin kick which spreads two bursts of PSI energy forward.

Dash Attack: Rushes forward while his body is covered in a swirling aura of PSI energy (it operates in a similar fashion to Kirby’s Burn Dash).

Forward Smash: Swings Hank’s Bat, which in addition to reflecting projectiles has more of a metallic hit.

Up Smash: He fires a short-ranged bottle rocket, which unlike the Villager’s up smash, has more of a fiery damage effect. This up smash is meant to be a reference to Lloyd.

Down Smash: Forms a swirling aura of PSI energy around his legs which hurts opponents on both sides with combo damage and knockback. The swirling PSI moves are meant to be a loose reference to Brain Cyclone.

Neutral Aerial: Swings his bat as he spins his body. This can also deflect projectiles if timed correctly.

Forward Aerial: Flings his Boomerang at a horizontal angle which has a short range and a meteor smash effect. Unlike the boomerangs the Links use in their Special movesets, Ninten’s is restricted to a fixed horizontal path that stays locked onto him no matter what, with the idea that he’s controlling it with telekinesis.

Back Aerial: Flings his Boomerang to his side. It still stays fixed to a horizontal path, except it is flung at a vertical angle and has a slashing effect.

Up Aerial: Swings the Onyx Hook upward which warps opponents up at a short range inflicting knockback upon reentry. This move can Star KO opponents if done at the right height on a stage.

Down Aerial: Using his slingshot, he fires two bursts of PSI energy spreading downward. The sweet spot is at the second burst.

Grab: He swings his right arm out with his hand in a cup position while holding the opponent with telekinesis.

Pummel: Attacks with a discharge of PSI energy.

Forward Throw: Telekinetically holds the opponent at a 45-degree angle and rapidly spins them in place before launching them with great force. This is meant to be one of the strongest forward throws, as Ness has one of the strongest back throws and Lucas has one of the strongest up throws.

Back Throw: Telekinetically swings the opponent horizontally around his body two times before launching them backward.

Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward and fires PK Beam.

Down Throw: Using 4-D slip, he throws the opponent downward warping them into a portal above his head launching them upward.

Floor Attack: A sweep kick similar to Ness and Lucas.

Edge Attack: Flips back up while swinging his bat to the ground.

Now, I’ve come up with four possible Special Movesets. They all contain most of the same moves but in different arrangements. Personally, I like the second arrangement the best so far, but let me know which ones you would prefer.

B: PK Beam

Ninten fires a beam of energy which moves horizontally. This attack can be charged by holding B. When uncharged, it has a similar appearance to the single shots fired by the Starman Assist Trophy, but inflicts has roughly 5% damage. When charged, beam appears as a longer ray of light and delivers combo damage ending with knockback to opponents. A fully charged beam will inflict up to 27% damage total.

B →: 4-D Slip

A small spark of energy forms in front of him which the player moves horizontally with the analog stick. When B is released, he warps to a portal which forms at the spot where the energy spark was when B was released. If the player taps the B button as he reappears, he can swing his bat as a surprise sucker-punch type attack. To an extent, the move is kind of like Greninja’s Shadow Sneak, except it requires more input from the player to inflict damage.

B ↑: PK Teleport

He rapidly runs in a circle either on the ground or in midair and teleports into the direction in which player points the analog stick. Any opponent caught within range of the teleportation will receive a fire damage effect. If there is a straight flat hard surface directly in the path he’s teleporting, then he’ll crash into it covering him in soot, which doesn’t inflict damage but stuns him for one second. However, it doesn’t happen with diagonal surfaces or if there’s a ledge in the path, so it won’t be an issue when trying to recover back onto the stage. He also won't crash if he’s just passing through soft or semi-soft platforms.

B ↓: PK Hypnosis

He releases rings of light from his eyes which lulls any opponent in front of him to sleep temporarily. The opponents have to be facing him in order for the move to work. It’s kind of similar to Mewtwo’s disable, except it’s slightly slower to activate and covers a wider range.

Same as idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

B ↓: Power Shield

He creates a shield, which protects him from physical hits and reflect solid projectiles. Any character who hits Ninten with a physical attack will receive electrical damage as a counterattack. However, it will not protect him from energy based projectiles or grabs. The shield will only take three hits before it disappears. When it disappears Ninten will not be stunned, but there will be a cool-down time before he can use another power shield. Also, if the player turns off the shield by releasing B, the shield damage taken will not reset when reactivated. Like if the shield took one hit before the player released the B button, it will still take two more hits when turned on again.

Same as idea 1 and 2.

B →: PK Hypnosis

Same as idea 1, except it’s a side B move.

B ↑: 4-D Slip

Same as idea 1, except it can be controlled in any direction and not restricted to horizontal movement.

Same as Idea 2.

B: PK Hypnosis

Same as Idea 1, except it’s a neutral B move.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 2 and 3.

Final Smash: The Eight Melodies:

Ana and Lloyd join with Ninten side-by-side and they sing a shortened version of the Eight Melodies which releases a stream of musical notes to entrap opponents. This stream can be controlled by the player using the analog stick. It ends with Ninten and Ana forming a sphere of PSI Energy to blast away the opponents in a similar fashion to the Mother 1 commercial.

Up Taunt: Pulls out his Ocarina and plays The Eight Melodies. Like Bayonetta’s “Learn how to treat a Lady” taunt, this can be cancelled at any time by tapping any button or the analog stick.

Side Taunt: Holds both of his palms out facing together with his fingers curved, forming a sphere of PSI energy.

Down Taunt: A canary flies from behind him as he holds out his finger and lets it perch for a second then lets it fly back.

Victory Pose 1: *yawn* “That’s finally over!”

Victory Pose 2: Does an electric slide-like stride, then pivots while releasing PSI sparks and ends with a tilt of his cap. This is meant to reference the Ellay Live House scene.

Victory Pose 3: Ana and Lloyd stands with him as they all sing: “Sing a Melody of Love. Oooh Love!” in sync with the victory theme.

Well, what do you all think? Let me know if there’s anything that you would add or change.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Yeah lol. Here I decided to spoil the next bit for Mother 3:

Isaac I think is a character that really needs a redesign as well.

The only N64 game I played is Mario Tennis, I should play more N64 games.
Yeah, I totally recommend you to try out more (specially a certain one than involves a certain naughty squirell ;)).
As you can imagine, they bring such a good sense of nostalgia, and IMO most of them aged really well, and still hold up excellently well.

Might be worth mentioning that the N64 classic edition might be announced at this year's E3, in case you're interested.

The death of EB64 brought about Mother 3 as we know it, so I'm kind of glad it never panned out. Plus, being an N64 game, I doubt it would have aged nearly as gracefully as Mother 3 has. It would've lacked the iconic art style of EarthBound to an even greater extent.
Wowsers, I actually didn't know about that, I thought Earthbound 64 was just going to be a 3d remake (or reeinmanige) of Mother 3.
I guess that's enough compensation. Still even if this one wouldn't really be as great as Mother 3, it would surely be a great innovation to the series, and I can see it becoming another great N64 masterpiece.
I find the artstyle to be kind of bittersweet, since some character designs ended up being quite accurate, while some others are way too distant and contrasting to the originals.
But what I find really weird is that, since all the child characters kind of look alike, Ness/Ninten's appearance (which was going to be based on his original design) is way too contrasting to Claus and Lucas' designs.

D

Deleted member

I just realized something. If Earthbound was re-released twice unedited with a literal swastika as one of Ness's PSI moves, there isn't anything inappropriate/controversial to that level in the game holding Mother 3 back.

I have come up with a full moveset for Ninten. I thought carefully about how each move would function. This is all with an original moveset in mind.

I’ve included a few standard attacks in which he releases bursts of PSI energy similarly to Ness and Lucas. I had the idea in which his PSI energy resembles musical notes, going off my PK Music idea. However, I’m going to leave it up to you to imagine what his standard PSI attacks look like, whether as PK Techno or whatever you wish.

Ninten's jumps are similar to Ness and Lucas's, except he spins horizontally with his double jump. If facing east, his spins to the left with his forward jump and right with his backward jump and vise-versa when facing west. His dodge animations are also similar to the other two.

Standard moveset:

Neutral Attack: A one-two jab, and a rapid kick combo which concludes with a short swing of Hank’s Bat.

Up Tilt: Waves his hand releasing a stream of PSI energy upward that spreads out in an arc.

Dash Attack: Rushes forward while his body is covered in a swirling aura of PSI energy (it operates in a similar fashion to Kirby’s Burn Dash).

Forward Smash: Swings Hank’s Bat, which in addition to reflecting projectiles has more of a metallic hit.

Up Smash: He fires a short-ranged bottle rocket, which unlike the Villager’s up smash, has more of a fiery damage effect. This up smash is meant to be a reference to Lloyd.

Down Smash: Forms a swirling aura of PSI energy around his legs which hurts opponents on both sides with combo damage and knockback. The swirling PSI moves are meant to be a loose reference to Brain Cyclone.

Neutral Aerial: Swings his bat as he spins his body. This can also deflect projectiles if timed correctly.

Forward Aerial: Flings his Boomerang at a horizontal angle which has a short range and a meteor smash effect. Unlike the boomerangs the Links use in their Special movesets, Ninten’s is restricted to a fixed horizontal path that stays locked onto him no matter what, with the idea that he’s controlling it with telekinesis.

Back Aerial: Flings his Boomerang to his side. It still stays fixed to a horizontal path, except it is flung at a vertical angle and has a slashing effect.

Up Aerial: Swings the Onyx Hook upward which warps opponents up at a short range inflicting knockback upon reentry. This move can Star KO opponents if done at the right height on a stage.

Down Aerial: Using his slingshot, he fires two bursts of PSI energy spreading downward. The sweet spot is at the second burst.

Grab: He swings his right arm out with his hand in a cup position while holding the opponent with telekinesis.

Forward Throw: Telekinetically holds the opponent at a 45-degree angle and rapidly spins them in place before launching them with great force. This is meant to be one of the strongest forward throws, as Ness has one of the strongest back throws and Lucas has one of the strongest up throws.

Back Throw: Telekinetically swings the opponent horizontally around his body two times before launching them backward.

Down Throw: Using 4-D slip, he throws the opponent downward warping them into a portal above his head launching them upward.

Now, I’ve come up with four possible Special Movesets. They all contain most of the same moves but in different arrangements. Personally, I like the second arrangement the best so far, but let me know which ones you would prefer.

Ninten fires a beam of energy which moves horizontally. This attack can be charged by holding B. When uncharged, it has a similar appearance to the single shots fired by the Starman Assist Trophy, but inflicts has roughly 5% damage. When charged, beam appears as a longer ray of light and delivers combo damage ending with knockback to opponents. A fully charged beam will inflict up to 27% damage total.

A small spark of energy forms in front of him which the player moves horizontally with the analog stick. When B is released, he warps to a portal which forms at the spot where the energy spark was when B was released. If the player taps the B button as he reappears, he can swing his bat as a surprise sucker-punch type attack. To an extent, the move is kind of like Greninja’s Shadow Sneak, except it requires more input from the player to inflict damage.

He rapidly runs in a circle either on the ground or in midair and teleports into the direction in which player points the analog stick. Any opponent caught within range of the teleportation will receive a fire damage effect. If there is a straight flat hard surface directly in the path he’s teleporting, then he’ll crash into it covering him in soot, which doesn’t inflict damage but stuns him for one second. However, it doesn’t happen with diagonal surfaces or if there’s a ledge in the path, so it won’t be an issue when trying to recover back onto the stage. He also won't crash if he’s just passing through soft or semi-soft platforms.

He releases rings of light from his eyes which lulls any opponent in front of him to sleep temporarily. The opponents have to be facing him in order for the move to work. It’s kind of similar to Mewtwo’s disable, except it’s slightly slower to activate and covers a wider range.

Same as idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

He creates a shield, which protects him from physical hits and reflect solid projectiles. Any character who hits Ninten with a physical attack will receive electrical damage as a counterattack. However, it will not protect him from energy based projectiles or grabs. The shield will only take three hits before it disappears. When it disappears Ninten will not be stunned, but there will be a cool-down time before he can use another power shield. Also, if the player turns off the shield by releasing B, the shield damage taken will not reset when reactivated. Like if the shield took one hit before the player released the B button, it will still take two more hits when turned on again.

Same as idea 1 and 2.

Same as idea 1, except it can be controlled in any direction and not restricted to horizontal movement.

Same as Idea 2.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 2 and 3.

Ana and Lloyd join with Ninten side-by-side and they sing a shortened version of the Eight Melodies which releases a stream of musical notes to entrap opponents. This stream can be controlled by the player using the analog stick. It ends with Ninten and Ana forming a sphere of PSI Energy to blast away the opponents in a similar fashion to the Mother 1 commercial.

Up Taunt: Pulls out his Ocarina and plays The Eight Melodies. Like Bayonetta’s “Learn how to treat a Lady” taunt, this can be cancelled at any time by tapping any button or the analog stick.

Side Taunt: Holds both of his palms out facing together with his fingers curved, forming a sphere of PSI energy.

Down Taunt: A canary flies from behind him as he holds out his finger and lets it perch for a second then lets it fly back.

Victory Pose 2: Does an electric slide-like stride, then pivots while releasing PSI sparks and ends with a tilt of his cap. This is meant to reference the Ellay Live House scene.

Victory Pose 3: Ana and Lloyd stands with him as they all sing: “Sing a Melody of Love. Oooh Love!” in sync with the victory theme.

Well, what do you all think? Let me know if there’s anything that you would add or change.
Just had to say I really like this moveset.

Yeah, I totally recommend you to try out more (specially a certain one than involves a certain naughty squirell ;)).
As you can imagine, they bring such a good sense of nostalgia, and IMO most of them aged really well, and still hold up excellently well.

Might be worth mentioning that the N64 classic edition might be announced at this year's E3, in case you're interested.

Wowsers, I actually didn't know about that, I thought Earthbound 64 was just going to be a 3d remake (or reeinmanige) of Mother 3.
I guess that's enough compensation. Still even if this one wouldn't really be as great as Mother 3, it would surely be a great innovation to the series, and I can see it becoming another great N64 masterpiece.
I find the artstyle to be kind of bittersweet, since some character designs ended up being quite accurate, while some others are way too distant and contrasting to the originals.
But what I find really weird is that, since all the child characters kind of look alike, Ness/Ninten's appearance (which was going to be based on his original design) is way too contrasting to Claus and Lucas' designs.
Yeah, I'm considering playing Conker on the N64. Super Mario 64 looks fun too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized something. If Earthbound was re-released twice unedited with a literal swastika as one of Ness's PSI moves, there isn't anything inappropriate/controversial to that level in the game holding Mother 3 back.
Seriously, though, we already have games worse than Mother 3 that nobody (or at the most, a small minority) is complaining about, a lot of parents even letting their young children play them.

I'd say a T-rating would be fine, and the only thing I'd see them having to change is the Reggie character as he seems stereotypical, but all he needs is changes to his sprite and maybe dialogue.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Seriously, though, we already have games worse than Mother 3 that nobody (or at the most, a small minority) is complaining about, a lot of parents even letting their young children play them.

I'd say a T-rating would be fine, and the only thing I'd see them having to change is the Reggie character as he seems stereotypical, but all he needs is changes to his sprite and maybe dialogue.
****ing Undertale is rated E10. And look what that game got away with.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can think of a few places where the Magypsies are sadly more controversial than references to Nazism...

We live in pretty ****ed up times.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm considering playing Conker on the N64. Super Mario 64 looks fun too.
Those two are literally what made me so into Nintendo. :)

Speaking of Mother 3 not getting released in America for some odd issue, there was a guy at another thread saying that it was probably due to the big amount of pop culture references that would surely lead to some licensing issue, like this track right here (which parodies the 60's Batman theme song):

But come on, Pop culture references (even the obvious ones) are nothing new in videogames, just take a look at this soundtrack from Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom right here:

both tracks follow the same issue, I don't see why one of them can get away with copyright infrigement while the other can't.

And that's not all, look what Conker has:

The final boss is a freaking Xenomorph for ****s sake, how didn't Rare get sued??!!

And even if those aspects are such a huge problem, isn't Nintendo of America's job to...edit stuff? Isn't that most of the purpose of their existance??

D

Deleted member

Those two are literally what made me so into Nintendo. :)

Speaking of Mother 3 not getting released in America for some odd issue, there was a guy at another thread saying that it was probably due to the big amount of pop culture references that would surely lead to some licensing issue, like this track right here (which parodies the 60's Batman theme song):

But come on, Pop culture references (even the obvious ones) are nothing new in videogames, just take a look at this soundtrack from Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom right here:

both tracks follow the same issue, I don't see why one of them can get away with copyright infrigement while the other can't.

And that's not all, look what Conker has:

The final boss is a freaking Xenomorph for ****s sake, how didn't Rare get sued??!!

And even if those aspects are such a huge problem, isn't Nintendo of America's job to...edit stuff? Isn't that most of the purpose of their existance??
There were pop culture references in Earthbound as well like all the Beatles' references, so that likely isn't the reason either.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the reason is or if there is an actual reason it's being held back. I think we'll be seeing something Mother related, whether it be Mother 3, a Mother trilogy remake, or a Mother character in Smash this year though.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
There were pop culture references in Earthbound as well like all the Beatles' references, so that likely isn't the reason either.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the reason is or if there is an actual reason it's being held back. I think we'll be seeing something Mother related, whether it be Mother 3, a Mother trilogy remake, or a Mother character in Smash this year though.
People genuinely thought copyright was the reason for EB's diss, but the only thing they edited was certain PSI effects since the original PK Rockin gamma could give someone a damn seizure.

So I don't think any controversy is holding it back. I really just think they're sitting on it for whatever reason. Just like they sat on a completely translated copy of Mother 1 for 25 years.

D

Deleted member

But yeah, any sort of remake of Earthbound 64 would be awesome to play.

Also who do y'all think is the hardest boss in the Mother series?

D

Deleted member

The hardest boss fight for me is probably the first Masked Man fight in Mother 3.

Speaking of Masked Man...

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin , do you mind if I ask about your MM cosplay?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

Standard moveset:

Same as idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

Same as Idea 1.

Same as idea 1 and 2.

Same as Idea 2.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 1 and 2.

Same as Ideas 2 and 3.

I like quiet a few of these ideas!
I specifically love how you used the Onyx Hook as a way of attacking by being more about teleporting the opponent away more than inflicting damage.
Or Up Smash to be a bottle rocket to reference Lloyd!

Would not mind seeing some of the moves along with my moveset together for Ninten's official moveset.
Oh I actually have the helmet now if you guys wanna see it. :3
SHOW US! :D

...please?

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Once again, been busy with so much stuff and havent gotten much free time
who do y'all think is the hardest boss in the Mother series?
The hardest fight for me was the N.K Cyborg. Idk what about it made it so difficult but i had so much trouble with it.

Also on topic of Earthbound 64, that would be interesting to see, but i dont think it would be very good. It was canned for a reason after all.

One final thing, i was thinking of earthbound map ideas, and i thought tazmily would be a good one (not for ninten, im just saying in general). You could start on the big building thats right behind the well and by the exit of town, fight there until a platform (like in delphino) takes you into the sky, you go around a bit and fight on some houses. After that, you could go back to the sky, a flash of light happens, and your at the train station (where the building and well used to be). You could see pigmasks and some townsfolk walking around infront of where your fighting. Since its 3 years ahead, you could do the thunder tower shooting lighting as a hazard. And then after your at the station for a bit, you fly back up, another flash of light and your back on the building, 3 years earlier.
I think its an ok concept and i just wanted to know what people thought of it.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
What I am curious is what would Ninten's strengths and weaknesses be. Most people agree he should have a teleport/4th d slip type recovery that would be a clear improvement over Ness and Lucas's recovery. In exchange for that, should he have a lower kill power? How would his projectile and aerial game compare to Ness? How would his offstage shenanigans compare to Lucas's PK Freeze? Should Ninten be a character based around neutral play or should he be a character that is mostly based on taking advantage of his advantage state. There are so many possibilities to the character that they could really take him in any direction. I also really like Adm's moveset ideas. Some of those ideas could really make Ninten a unique character.

D

Deleted member

What I am curious is what would Ninten's strengths and weaknesses be. Most people agree he should have a teleport/4th d slip type recovery that would be a clear improvement over Ness and Lucas's recovery. In exchange for that, should he have a lower kill power? How would his projectile and aerial game compare to Ness? How would his offstage shenanigans compare to Lucas's PK Freeze? Should Ninten be a character based around neutral play or should he be a character that is mostly based on taking advantage of his advantage state. There are so many possibilities to the character that they could really take him in any direction. I also really like Adm's moveset ideas. Some of those ideas could really make Ninten a unique character.
That's a good point. I think he'd be a little sturdier and slightly heavier than Ness and Lucas.

Along with that, I think he'd have higher kill power with his physical attacks, but lower kill power with his psychic attacks than Ness and Lucas.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I always envisioned Ninten as a keepaway character, fitting with his more support role in-game. 4th-D Slip especially would be a good move not only to recover but also to escape from enemies (I envision it having nearly zero startup).

D

Deleted member

Good for you!

My finals are in A MONTH!!! :urg::urg::crazy:

Someone lend me several magic butterflies!!! NOW!!!!!
You've got my good luck that time passes by quickly until summer, and that you do well on your finals.

As Dib Dib said it, you just gotta PK believe. PK Believe.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You've got my good luck that time passes by quickly until summer, and that you do well on your finals.

As Dib Dib said it, you just gotta PK believe. PK Believe.
Thanks!

I remember last year's finals I had the Pokémon Yellow Version battle theme stuck in my head.

Maybe this year, I'll have one from Earthbound. :grin:

I bet this one would be the most suitable to kick things off:

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
SHOW US! :D

...please?
4A54AA2C-0627-4886-96F1-CFC4B83240B3.jpeg
B0118B5E-0193-44A9-BEDE-DF99F9F2D06E.jpeg
6646CBDF-AE9C-4AEC-8D6B-3B4DA54B3AAD.jpeg
Stupid Mobile is making them flip sideways but I think y’all get the point. :ness:

Also apologies on the PowerPoint, it’s taking a bit longer than expected since a friend of mine and I were digging and might have come across some game changing stuff so uh... Just gonna say that Ninten being Brave is more likely than I originally thought. I’ll need a couple more days. Sorry friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 223870View attachment 223871View attachment 223872

Stupid Mobile is making them flip sideways but I think y’all get the point. :ness:

Also apologies on the PowerPoint, it’s taking a bit longer than expected since a friend of mine and I were digging and might have come across some game changing stuff so uh... Just gonna say that Ninten being Brave is more likely than I originally thought. I’ll need a couple more days. Sorry friends.
These pictures are awesome, really nice job

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I FINISHED MY FINALS

SUMMER IS HERE

My finals will be from June 3 (Monday) to June 6 (Thursday). Schools off on June 7 (Friday) cause that’s the day where teachers have to grade everything, so technically the last day of school will be on June 6 (Thursday). I’m so nervous...

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, I'm finally home after finishing up my final semester in college and have proper time to play Earthbound again without all of the distractions that had brought (and now just the normal distractions of I consume too much media and have trouble focusing on one haha).

I mostly spent my time grinding today since I was a bit underleveled and then moved on to defeating Belch and visiting Saturn Valley for the first time. Saturn Valley was a super charming locale to visit in game and I'm glad to finally know what Mr. Saturn originates from properly (though I'm a little confused as to why he breaks shield in Smash, but oh well). I've got the third melody and now I'm gearing up to go through the desert and eventually to Fourside. It wasn't a whole lot of accomplishment, but I felt really good coming back to the game and re-adjusting myself to its style (Dear god I hate limited inventories though and will never get used to that). It still remains as charming as ever and I hope it keeps charming me as I play. I definitely suffered my first defeat with a party today because of an unfortunate miscalculation in which I had Paula cast the Beta version of Fire while she was affected by the Mushroom and just watched in horror as my party got absolutely annihilated. The ramblin mushrooms annoy me to no end and definitely trigger my Pokemon Zubat supersonic confusion flashbacks a little bit haha.

D

Deleted member

So, I'm finally home after finishing up my final semester in college and have proper time to play Earthbound again without all of the distractions that had brought (and now just the normal distractions of I consume too much media and have trouble focusing on one haha).

I mostly spent my time grinding today since I was a bit underleveled and then moved on to defeating Belch and visiting Saturn Valley for the first time. Saturn Valley was a super charming locale to visit in game and I'm glad to finally know what Mr. Saturn originates from properly (though I'm a little confused as to why he breaks shield in Smash, but oh well). I've got the third melody and now I'm gearing up to go through the desert and eventually to Fourside. It wasn't a whole lot of accomplishment, but I felt really good coming back to the game and re-adjusting myself to its style (Dear god I hate limited inventories though and will never get used to that). It still remains as charming as ever and I hope it keeps charming me as I play. I definitely suffered my first defeat with a party today because of an unfortunate miscalculation in which I had Paula cast the Beta version of Fire while she was affected by the Mushroom and just watched in horror as my party got absolutely annihilated. The ramblin mushrooms annoy me to no end and definitely trigger my Pokemon Zubat supersonic confusion flashbacks a little bit haha.
Nice, I finished my finals today as well. Summer time is the best.

Also for Belch, the first time I played Earthbound, I didn't know you had to use the fly honey to beat him, so I spent numerous attempts trying to beat him and I remember raging lmao.

Maybe it's the Mr. Saturn's nose. But seriously I cannot for the life of me figure it out either lol. I guess it just goes to show the quirkiNess and unexpectedNess of the Mother series.

I hate the mushrooms and always will. Every time I let them live past one turn they screw my party over and I either die or have to go back to the hot spring to heal.

But overall glad you're back to your playthrough and I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Howdy, I'm Teochard. A few disclaimers and notes.

First off, I've--er--never actually have finished a Mother game. Farthest I've gotten is Moonside-ish in Earthbound, though I know the general gist of the plots and such of each game. So if I'm just wrong about something I say in this thread, please do correct me.

Why haven't I played a Mother yet? Tbh, I've been expecting a Mother Collection for this year, and I'm holding out to see if that happens first. I do have interest, just want to support the series if I can instead of buying it elsewhere where it won't send a signal to Nintendo to support the series.

Yeah, I'm pretty new to the Mother series. Not sure if that makes me a bandwagoner, but hey, what's another body for the Ninten Army? Eventually, I'll finish all three games.

Finally, I'm a friend of the Anigriffin. I'm the one that's been helping her with the Ninten stuff recently and I just made an account here.

With that, let's enjoy this and see what we can do for the little boy!

D

Deleted member

First off, I've--er--never actually have finished a Mother game. Farthest I've gotten is Moonside-ish in Earthbound, though I know the general gist of the plots and such of each game. So if I'm just wrong about something I say in this thread, please do correct me.

Why haven't I played a Mother yet? Tbh, I've been expecting a Mother Collection for this year, and I'm holding out to see if that happens first. I do have interest, just want to support the series if I can instead of buying it elsewhere where it won't send a signal to Nintendo to support the series.

Yeah, I'm pretty new to the Mother series. Not sure if that makes me a bandwagoner, but hey, what's another body for the Ninten Army? Eventually, I'll finish all three games.

Finally, I'm a friend of the Anigriffin. I'm the one that's been helping her with the Ninten stuff recently and I just made an account here.

Welcome, and thanks for the support! :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Can vouch. This boy's my dude. We're both from the hellscape that was Laxcord, and we've been buds since I think November at least? Can't remember.

Also you're gonna need a pfp.

Top Bottom