• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until The End. "I was Wrong" thread

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
There were quite a bit a people who thought the return of Lucas was unlikely. He's here now so here's the "I was wrong thread"

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
I honestly thought he wasn't coming back, especially when his specials were customs for Ness. :crying:
But Daddy Sakurai proved me wrong. :chuckle:

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I was surprised! I semi-mained Lucas lst game, and while I thought it would be cool for him to be in the game, I didn't think he would be. I'm glad I was wrong though; he's probably to be a secondary for me.

SullMaster

Smash Cadet
Shocked yet extremely happy Lucas is coming back. He didn't deserve to be cut in the first place!

More love for Earthbound!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was wrong but I wasn't salty over his being cut. I just moved on. Still glad he's back.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I honestly didn't see this one coming at all! Apologies, Lucas fans!
I'm certainly glad they decided to bring him back though, as while I wasn't a big Lucas player, I did have respect for the guy. Plus it's great to see Sakurai pleasing the fans! First Mewtwo, now this and the Fighter Ballot!?! Much hype!!! ^^

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Even though we've learned countless times that Sakurai is unpredictable, I thought FOR SURE this time that Sakurai would NEVER include Lucas again! My friend who was a Lucas main is gonna shaq his pants over this.
In Brawl, Lucas was my least played character, I only ever saw him as a clone who was lower on the tier list than Ness. And I never got over how, in brawl's subspace universe timeline, he gets Ness turned into a statue and runs away. I didn't wanna play as such a cowardly character. But in this trailer, Lucas was the hero. Having never played Mother 3 I don't know anything about Lucas, but I think this trailer was more fitting of the hero of Mother 3. This time coming to the rescue of Ness. I might actually give him a chance this time.

ollonk

Smash Cadet
I had already given up all hope. This might actually top last year's April Fool's day present (when Homestarrunner.com broke its 5 year hiatus).

When did April 1st become such a nice day?

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I was so sad to see lucas not get revealed during the potd.

But now I'm super ecstatic that he is dlc ( I initially opposed dlc, but since These are veterans and not newcomers im ok with it.)

LUCAS!!!!!!! My brawls third (or fourth) best character is back for more!

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
On release, I was so pissed that Lucas and Wolf weren't going to be in Smash 4 since they were both my Brawl mains, and I thought that was it, but part of me saw atleast one of them coming back after the first DLC announcement, and I swear, I had never been more happy at the announcement of DLC for anything ever. I'm just so damn glad that any DLC is in at all, not just Lucas, but Mewtwo and any other characters that may be coming, too.

Fingers crossed for more, I say.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
On release, I was so pissed that Lucas and Wolf weren't going to be in Smash 4 since they were both my Brawl mains, and I thought that was it, but part of me saw atleast one of them coming back after the first DLC announcement, and I swear, I had never been more happy at the announcement of DLC for anything ever. I'm just so damn glad that any DLC is in at all, not just Lucas, but Mewtwo and any other characters that may be coming, too.

Fingers crossed for more, I say.
We'll definitely be getting more after Lucas, the only question right now is who/which ones?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was wrong.

I honestly expected Wolf over Lucas. But Lucas being back is still fun.

Though, like how I prefer Earthbound to Mother 3, I still like Ness better then Lucas.

Still, glad people can be happy.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was wondering why he was cut in the first place, since Sakurai was so eager to put him in instead of :nessmelee: :ness2:. Twice.

But yeah, I thought Mewtwo was going to end up being the only DLC character. So glad I was wrong.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Even though we've learned countless times that Sakurai is unpredictable, I thought FOR SURE this time that Sakurai would NEVER include Lucas again! My friend who was a Lucas main is gonna shaq his pants over this.
In Brawl, Lucas was my least played character, I only ever saw him as a clone who was lower on the tier list than Ness. And I never got over how, in brawl's subspace universe timeline, he gets Ness turned into a statue and runs away. I didn't wanna play as such a cowardly character. But in this trailer, Lucas was the hero. Having never played Mother 3 I don't know anything about Lucas, but I think this trailer was more fitting of the hero of Mother 3. This time coming to the rescue of Ness. I might actually give him a chance this time.
Well I'm not going to spoil Mother 3 for you because I do recommend you take a look at it, even if you never play it, but the whole majority of Mother 3 is about how Lucas must come out of the shell he went into after the traumatic events of his childhood to become the hero. That's why Smash depicts him as going from running away from his fears but eventually overcoming them and saving Ness in Smash 4. He learns to become the hero in his own games, as he has in Smash.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I thought that Lucas had no chance of getting in Sm4sh after all that transpired.

Then the Nintendo Direct came.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I thought Lucas would never come back. I saw him as a clone but that was dumb since he has some different moves from Ness. I'm surprised he got in first before Wolf IF Wolf ever returns.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm really conflicted right now, Lucas was my brawl main. I loved playing him and he was great. I was devestated when he was removed.

But...

I moved on, I found Zelda and I've gotten really far with her. I have fun with her too. I really don't know right now.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Ever since they announced Mewtwo, I said to myself "there's someone else". They made it sound like they were really far along on him, and the amount of time it was taking to get him out the door just seemed off. Not even two days ago I discussed the possibility of them announcing or just slipping someone else under our nose, and I was right, which feels hella better than being wrong.

Granted, I didn't expect it, but I kept hope alive.

I'm really conflicted right now, Lucas was my brawl main. I loved playing him and he was great. I was devestated when he was removed.

But...

I moved on, I found Zelda and I've gotten really far with her. I have fun with her too. I really don't know right now.
I've switched mains every game for one reason or another. I dropped Marth for Lucas because I have a deeper connection with Lucas as a character, and feel more motivated to do well with him (and I didn't really like how Marth felt in Brawl). When MegaMan was shown off, I knew who my main would be this game, Lucas or no Lucas. I almost feel the same way, except instead, I finally have a secondary who I can feel like is my main, instead of a character I picked up solely to deal with characters my main can't deal with - and judging by how similar Lucas looks to his Brawl play, I have one that I know like the back of my hand.

Edit: Also I only just realized @ Macchiato Macchiato , I'm pretty sure we played in Capps' tournament last Sunday and you thoroughly ruined my Ike. I should've just stayed MegaMan. Teach me the secrets of not getting ruined by Farore's Wind sometime, gives me the most trouble in the world in the MegaMan/Zelda matchup.

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I loathed Lucas in Brawl yet somewhat missed him when he didn't come back. I didn't think he would make a return, but I don't mind being wrong at all.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I thought that Lucas had no chance of getting in Sm4sh after all that transpired.

Then the Nintendo Direct came.
"And then everything changed when the Nintendo Direct attacked"

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I was never against Lucas returning, I just thought Wolf had a better chance. Now that Lucas is back, I feel like Wolf is all but confirmed at this point. More characters is never a bad thing, and it's always good to see a veteran back from the dead. Congratulations.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
As someone who played Mother 3 and as an occasional Lucas player in P:M (not so much Brawl), I'm happy to see Lucas's fans get their main back. Plus it's good that we're not only wrong about his inclusion but also the theory that Mewtwo was the only DLC fighter, giving hope to other veterans and newcomers.

So for all the Mewtwo and Lucas mains out there, have a PSI-filled day!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I clung to hope, but I sometimes wondered if I was in denial and totally biased.

So, so happy to be proven wrong. My favorite character in gaming history is back.:4lucas:
Well...i'll cry anyway :p
Yes, I loved that nod. And the end where he runs from Duck Hunt filling the Boney role to a Claus palette Lucas. That entire trailer made up for Mother 3 getting shafted compared to the other Mothers in spades.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I was wrong. Ness had Lucas's moveset in customs. I thought that was the nail in the coffin.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I wasn't completely confident in his return, but I supported him, now he's in, and all I need to be satisfied is Wolf.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Lucas was my Brawl Main...

I didn't think he was coming back.

But until tomorrow comes around... im not getting to excited because it is april fools day...

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
I was wrong, and I am super happy that I was. I'm pretty much at maximum hype now than more character DLC is confirmed.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Lucas was my Brawl Main...

I didn't think he was coming back.

But until tomorrow comes around... im not getting to excited because it is april fools day...
Nintendo would have to be staffed completely by lunatics to waste time in a Direct just to pull the wool over people's eyes. Besides, this is still Sakurai we're talking about, and the man has gone on record saying that pointless trickery isn't the kind of stuff he does.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Honestly, I decided to trust Sakurai in his saying he refused to make any DLC after Mewtwo. I took his word, and he lied to me and I'm so damn happy he did.

Please never tell the truth again, Sakurai!

Top Bottom