• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Bold Prediction:

Stream starts, everything seems normal. The devs look like their playing the first level of Shovel Knight. However when they reach the boss, who else appears but megaman! But not to fight, but WITH AN INVITATION TO SMASH!

GET HYPED
That is bold, and unrealistic.

I see that people are getting warmed up to the idea now that it looks less likely.

D

Deleted member

That is bold, and unrealistic.

I see that people are getting warmed up to the idea now that it looks less likely.
Captain Fun? More like Captain No Fun Allowed amirite?
Jk pls dont hurt me

Last edited by a moderator:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
everyone might as well change their avi to shovel knight
#shovelboards

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm trying to find a Shovel Knight x Pac-Man picture, to dress for the occasion.

I can't find anything.

God dammit Google.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
That means it will be on Nintendo's stream right?
Nintendo has not said they're having a stream. It's a real-life event for people there to test games. That's all we know. People just assumed there was a stream because Yacht Club thinks there is. We have no idea now.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So there is now no information about where this stream is gonna be at? What's with this vagueness?

Khoru

Smash Champion
Welp. This just lowered the chance of Shovel Knight getting revealed today.
wait how would that lower things
if it's part of the whole nindies event wouldn't that make it more likely
nintendo's stream has more exposure than yacht club's

ftr i think he's probably not in smash but

edit: oh ok never mind

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's all remember how nintendo can be SUPER WEIRD with character reveals. Remember Pac-Man? How that was just announced behind close doors for no reason?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
This was the initial thing showing they're not sure if there is a stream or not, btw. They're basically just guessing there is right now (I'm still talking to them)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Welp.
That's that then.
Mr. Aura-san... There was something that bugged me.
After the murder of Shovel Knight in Smash, you said, after we found the murder weapon-Yacht Clubs Twitter-"Well, that's that then."
But..that settled nothing at all. So, why did you say it, then?
(this is a persona 4 reference)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Oh, I see how it is.

Everyone's against me.
Nah man you good. Honestly I'm just faking being hyped, I know it is probably nothing at all. I just love this rumor atmosphere, it's actually my favorite part of Smash is the rumors and leaks.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This was the initial thing showing they're not sure if there is a stream or not, btw. They're basically just guessing there is right now (I'm still talking to them)
You truly are our brave hero, sir.
Now all you need is a shovel.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
When the company putting the game out is like "we'll have to wait and see" if there's an actual stream for their "megaton reveal", that's a pretty bad sign. haha

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Mr. Aura-san... There was something that bugged me.
After the murder of Shovel Knight in Smash, you said, after we found the murder weapon-Yacht Clubs Twitter-"Well, that's that then."
But..that settled nothing at all. So, why did you say it, then?
(this is a persona 4 reference)
Uhhhhh....
I've literally only played Arena so I dunno how to respond to that. :happysheep:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess it's my fault for getting too excited. My thought was that it was going to be on their twitch channel. Sorry guys :(.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Nah man you good. Honestly I'm just faking being hyped, I know it is probably nothing at all. I just love this rumor atmosphere, it's actually my favorite part of Smash is the rumors and leaks.
I know the feel. But no one's against you, don't feel down. Or this was a joke and I can't read text
It was a joke, but I think everyone's probably a bit wound up to tell.

Or maybe I'm too wound up to tell them.

domokl

Smash Lord
so the shovel knight leak probably wont be confirmed or deconfirmed for a while..... oh boy.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If there isn't a reveal today Yacht Club is gonna have to dig themselves out of the situation. :troll:

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
No it's okay everyone we still don't know yet.
Well we know it's not on THEIR Twitch Channel, but I mean I guess it could be on the PAX Twitch Channel or Nintendos. But Nintendo hasn't announced them having a stream or Treehouse or anything for it so... seems like PAX channel is best bet?

domokl

Smash Lord
also didn't tam say in one of his posts that sk would acutally be revealed a month or two?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If there isn't a reveal today Yacht Club is gonna have to dig themselves out of the situation. :troll:
I know who can help:

When the company putting the game out is like "we'll have to wait and see" if there's an actual stream for their "megaton reveal", that's a pretty bad sign. haha
These next two days are going to be painful.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well we know it's not on THEIR Twitch Channel, but I mean I guess it could be on the PAX Twitch Channel or Nintendos. But Nintendo hasn't announced them having a stream or Treehouse or anything for it so... seems like PAX channel is best bet?
Just in case we should post the links for all three.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Megaton announcement is that there is no announcement.

That or John Cena

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
also didn't tam say in one of his posts that sk would acutally be revealed a month or two?
Well Yacht Club was still saying they are having announcements there. But honestly, if Nintendo isn't actually streaming the event, I would think that would mean there are no BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS for Nintendo themselves there.. so yeah pretty sure if there's no Nintendo stream then definitely no Smash stuff tonight.

Edit: They said they are talking about Plague of Shadows and beyond, so their reveal could literally just be what the next DLC will be; either King or Specter.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Megaton announcement is that there is no announcement.

That or John Cena

Seriously though, I'm guessing that it's the Amiibo. Not really a "Megaton" announcement imo, but whatever.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
By the way, all this talk of a Leaks group themed Smash Bros. makes me want to ask Xanber Mobus to say "SMASHBOARDS!" and certain users' names in his announcer voice.

"BURB!" "VAANROOOOSE!" "PUSHDUSTIIIIN!" "BLUEPIKMIN11!"

And so on. ;)
Kenith please ;-;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He said within a month or two, I believe, which means it technically could be announced tonight but we could be in for a long wait, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom