• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To be fair, Little Mac is one of the few characters on the roster who's permanently grounded in all of his appearances.

The closest he comes to jumping is the star punch and maybe some victory animations.
STOP TRYING TO MAKE VIDEO GAMES MAKE SENSE
Answer this with your logic then:
Why does Jigglypuff self destructs whenever her shield breaks?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can see why people have begun to think Nintendo Directs may be gone.

Perhaps, they couldn't find anyone to replace Iwata. Or maybe they decided to end with them in honor of Iwata since those were his idea, after all.

They have been doing announcements on Twitter and social media since Iwata passed away. The same kind of announcements they'd make on a Nintendo Direct.
Weird, if I made something great I wouldn't want people to stop it because I died. Is this a Japanese thing or a me-personally-don't-get thing?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
STOP TRYING TO MAKE VIDEO GAMES MAKE SENSE
Answer this with your logic then:
Why does Jigglypuff self destructs whenever her shield breaks?
Because she was the original joke character. Sakurai thought it would be funny.

does this include spoilering them? Because ive seen it allowed usually but occasionally not
I believe that this does include spoilering them. I'll discuss this with the other mods. If we don't amend anything, then assume spoilering is also against the rules.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's what I have to say about the current No Iwata no Direct' mentality. Bill Trinen and Reggie would occasionally do Directs in the US and Satoru Shibata did them sometimes in Europe, some guy did the most recent direct in Japan and it wasn't Iwata.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know where i cn preorder the limited edition of mario maker? Or if it will eventually be able to be preordered

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You would think Nintendo would have said something by now if Directs are really no more. At least I'd assume so....

Eitherway, sometimes we get a Direct at the end of the month so I'd give it until then.....

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
@ epicmartin7 epicmartin7 I know we kind of already laughed him off, but that 4chan Japan leaker's IP wasn't from a Hotel in Japan, but from Quebec in Canada. 100% dead lol

D

Deleted member

Because she was the original joke character. Sakurai thought it would be funny.

I believe that this does include spoilering them. I'll discuss this with the other mods. If we don't amend anything, then assume spoilering is also against the rules.
See? No logic needed.
Only because of a joke she was made like this.
Why does C. Falcon Falcon Punch? Because it's ****ing awesome

Etrian Odyssey Untold II paraphrased dialogue
Flavio: why are you interseted in his transformation?
Chloe:...
Chloe: because it looks COOL
Flavio: that's it? That's the only reason?
Chloe:...yes

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
NEW RULES NEW RULES NEW RULES:
Even though this is a social group...the rules have been especially lax lately. In order to encourage healthy discussions, these are the new rules the moderators (@Firus , @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , @Frostwraith and myself) have come up with. If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to ask about them in this thread, or through private messaging. The rules are in effect from now. We may amend them again in the future if we feel that they aren't effective. Your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration. Most of these are actually site rules, but haven't been strictly enforced in the past. This is your final reminder.

1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed.
How dare the mods tell us how to post on a site who's terms we agreed to! Let's just ignore and insult them, and once someone gets banned, we'll start a PM Group to migrate to until they give into our demands! Killing our own discussion, now that will make them look like hypocrites. PushDustIn in particular sucks. :yoshimelee:

Man, I'm so jealous PushDustIn. I'll trade you the Wii U board if you'd like. I see that you have yet to fix the social "group" error I pointed out. ;)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
How dare the mods tell us how to post on a site who's terms we agreed to! Let's just ignore and insult them, and once someone gets banned, we'll start a PM Group to migrate to until they give into our demands! Killing our own discussion, now that will make them look like hypocrites. PushDustIn in particular sucks. :yoshimelee:

Man, I'm so jealous PushDustIn. I'll trade you the Wii U board if you'd like. I see that you have yet to fix the social "group" error I pointed out. ;)
You are lucky I can't read text that has been struck through! :p

Just the Wii U board? I need more than that if I'm going to give up the NintenZone!

I fixed the error! I'm in the running for best moderator of 2014.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Just the Wii U board? I need more than that if I'm going to give up the NintenZone!

Sorry m8, you missed the award by a few months. Maybe next year in 2015 :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Like you can infract/ban me. :p

Asking more of the guy who created this thread, helped with all that base research for your website, and directly helped you become a mod? Firus has taught you well.

Should enter the contest AlphaZealot created then. The Smashboards backpack & pens I got are pretty swag.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I almost never read rules and such, and has pretty much never been told I've done anything wrong.

I guess that means I am either being a nice guy, or just a very dull guy.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I almost never read rules and such, and has pretty much never been told I've done anything wrong.

I guess that means I am either being a nice guy, or just a very dull guy.
Having common sense and courtesy doesn't make you a dull person lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's a question:

What non-Nintendo console and handheld would you add to the 3DS/Wii U e-shop?

For me I'll take Sega Genesis, Saturn and Master System on Wii U and Neo Geo Pocket for 3DS

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Here's a question:

For me I'll take Sega Genesis, Saturn and Master System on Wii U and Neo Geo Pocket for 3DS
Why not add them all, would finally let me play through a bunch of games I've never had the chance to!

To name one console specifically probably Playstation 3 so I can play through the Metal Gear Solid games again.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Having common sense and courtesy doesn't make you a dull person lol.
But I feel dull. I never say anything exciting aside from puns, and everyone hates puns. D:

Everyone also thinks I am a girl all the time, but that is kinda fun at least.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
But I feel dull. I never say anything exciting aside from puns, and everyone hates puns. D:

If you feel dull then you just gotta not be dull, not that I have any idea how to do that lol

bruh you got it easy. I actually had a guy tell me once that I "shouldn't use male characters in your profile picture so that people know you're a girl" lmao.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If you feel dull then you just gotta not be dull, not that I have any idea how to do that lol

bruh you got it easy. I actually had a guy tell me once that I "shouldn't use male characters in your profile picture so that people know you're a girl" lmao.
But being dull seems safer than being 'insert word opposite to dull', since I do not get into trouble when I am, haha. XD

Also, gotta love how some people think, right? :s

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That WOULD explain a lot...Only switching avi once I get a cosplay done

I still can't believe this is a legit quote. This image isn't too big, right?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Like you can infract/ban me. :p

Asking more of the guy who created this thread, helped with all that base research for your website, and directly helped you become a mod? Firus has taught you well.

Should enter the contest AlphaZealot created then. The Smashboards backpack & pens I got are pretty swag.
I'm just glad senpai noticed me! :p

It'd be hard for me to give up the NintenZone (even it was for a bigger section), as it's the only part of the site that I'm active on!

Admittedly, I do have a bit of a PR problem because I'm not as vocal as I could be in the general 'Smash public'...but it also does give me some freedom to think on my own...maybe. Example of PR problem in the spoiler.

As for the the contest: the first rule discounts me for eligibility for awhile, but I'll enter once I'm able to! I'm jealous of the swag!

I love puns. I think they are punny!

Plus you aren't dull. I still remember those late night PMs with you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll leave now.

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I think that's about the limit. Anything bigger should be spoilered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a question:

3DS

Neo Geo Pocket
I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Wii U

Pretty much every system on the Wii that didn't make it to the Wii U (Genesis/Mega Drive, Master System, TurboGrafx-16 outside of Japan, Neo Geo, etc.)
Saturn
Dreamcast (or port the HD versions of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio, etc. to the eShop)

Chrono.

Here's a question:

Definitely the Genesis, I'm surprised it's not here yet, seeing as 3DS has Game Gear of all things.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Issac looks like a mixture of :4feroy::4pit:&:4littlemac:

I hope he does Andy or Sami soon

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
There's too much anime in this thread, I swear.

I guess that's what you get on a site that's about a game that's about fighting as popular video game characters that has 5 Fire Emblem characters.
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I REALLY need to get around to Golden Sun. It's one of the only Nintendo series I haven't even dabbed into yet... what kind of game is it, even? RPG?

I'm sure someone could use this. . .

I don't know about you but I REALLY don't like the face. Everything else is fantastic but the face just looks. . .off
I REALLY need to get around to Golden Sun. It's one of the only Nintendo series I haven't even dabbed into yet... what kind of game is it, even? RPG?
Yep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom