• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I REALLY need to get around to Golden Sun. It's one of the only Nintendo series I haven't even dabbed into yet... what kind of game is it, even? RPG?
JRPG, if you enjoy classic JRPGs, you'll enjoy GS
There's too much anime in this thread, I swear.

I guess that's what you get on a site that's about a game that's about fighting as popular video game characters that has 5 Fire Emblem characters.
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm:
tfw the FE anime only had 1 of these characters

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's too much anime in this thread, I swear.

I guess that's what you get on a site that's about a game that's about fighting as popular video game characters that has 5 Fire Emblem characters.
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm:
Remember, kids...

I still find this ironic as hell since F Zero had an anime and Xenoblade hasn't lulz

Chrono.

I REALLY need to get around to Golden Sun. It's one of the only Nintendo series I haven't even dabbed into yet... what kind of game is it, even? RPG?
It's an RPG.

They're alright games, just really slow and imo they haven't aged too well.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@PushDustIn
Oh Senpai<3

But dull or not, I still apologize for my lack of precense here lately. Without Smash news, I simply have too many forums to keep a track on. :c

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember, kids...

I still find this ironic as hell since F Zero had an anime and Xenoblade hasn't lulz
Because it's evil and everything will be filled with moe.

Except for Gundam and JoJo and FotNS and Cowboy Bebop.

All of those are okay.

It's an RPG.

They're alright games, just really slow and imo they haven't aged too well.
Plus it doesn't help that he GBA has much better RPGs as well. Mario & Luigi, Pokemon, Mother 3, Fire Emblem/Advance Wars, GBA FF ports, Super Robot Wars and Battle Network games

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
@PushDustIn, how do I spoiler a post? As you could see by my Kirby comment, I'm unaware :(
[ spoiler ] *insert comment/image/gif here* [ /spoiler ]

Just do it without the spaces between the tags and the "spoiler" part like this

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Isaac Smashified. (No commentary yet.)

I dont wanna say this because i know i cant do anywhere near better but this ugly.The pose is straight out brawl and the face is not good looking.And i know they can do better just based on travis and shantae.It's a nice render i suppose but they could of done so much better than this.Feels like they rushed it out

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The more and more I browse the Sonic The Hedgehog twitter account. the more and more it just gets funnier.
upload_2015-8-20_14-47-45.png

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Man, Issac's face looks really weird. It's still a good piece of artwork overall but it's definitely my least favorite work of their's.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm inclined to agree that the face looks weird. The rest of it looks pretty great, though.

Still like it more than the Banjo Smashified

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The only amiibo I wanted were :4ness::4jigglypuff::4lucas:.

Now I have :4ness::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4sheik::4shulk::4fox::4pacman::4wario::4marth::4myfriends::4greninja::4charizard::4darkpit::4palutena::4lucario::4bowser:.

:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt: for preorder.

Hopefully I'll get :4bowserjr: and :4ganondorf: for my birthday as well.

I'm also planning to get :4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4feroy: too as as well.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Not just that.Issaac sticks out compared to the others
Smashified   Home.png

Like really sticks out

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I think Isaac is one of the better looking Smashfied characters, I definitely wasn't liking a lot of them (Rool in particular just looked... off)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That Isaac is possibly the worst Smashified art they've done in all honesty.

It looks like he had a stroke with those derpy eyes and wonky mouth...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Weird, if I made something great I wouldn't want people to stop it because I died. Is this a Japanese thing or a me-personally-don't-get thing?
I remember hearing stories about anime producers removing characters if their voice actors died, for example.

Hideo Kojima personally retired MGS character Colonel Roy Campbell from the series after his Japanese voice actor died.

Not necessarily a Japanese thing, but some people do such things to honor those who passed away.

Here's what I have to say about the current No Iwata no Direct' mentality. Bill Trinen and Reggie would occasionally do Directs in the US and Satoru Shibata did them sometimes in Europe, some guy did the most recent direct in Japan and it wasn't Iwata.
Yeah, Bill and Reggie could still do the American ones, same for Shibata in Europe. But what about Japan? Will the eventual new president want to continue doing such things?

There are questions that need to be answered in regards to the future of the Nintendo Directs.

Anyway, that Isaac looks a hell lot like a photoshopped Roy. :4feroy:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I remember hearing stories about anime producers removing characters if their voice actors died, for example.

Hideo Kojima personally retired MGS character Colonel Roy Campbell from the series after his Japanese voice actor died.

Not necessarily a Japanese thing, but some people do such things to honor those who passed away.

Yeah, Bill and Reggie could still do the American ones, same for Shibata in Europe. But what about Japan? Will the eventual new president want to continue doing such things?

There are questions that need to be answered in regards to the future of the Nintendo Directs.

Anyway, that Isaac looks a hell lot like a photoshopped Roy. :4feroy:
I literally said that some new guy did the last Direct in Japan

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I feel as though if we weren't going to get Directs anymore we would have heard something about it by now. Then again this is Nintendo so who knows. I hope they do continue them though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I literally said that some new guy did the last Direct in Japan
The guy you're talking about is actually Shigeki Morimoto, a programmer who works for Game Freak.

I'm unsure why would he succeed Iwata in doing Nintendo Direct presentations besides doing the last Japanese Direct. Seems like a random choice, but I guess anything is possible...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Random choices? With Nintendo? Never
The big detail is that Morimoto doesn't even work at Nintendo. He's a Game Freak employee.

It works for a one-time thing. He probably was a substitute because Iwata was somehow unavailable, but to be a successor? That's what I'm doubting.

Nintendo Directs were likely coordinated by Iwata himself. He almost always presented them, mainly in Japan and most major international ones. They were his idea and something he created as president of Nintendo and didn't even need to do as part of his job.

The next president may not necessarily want to continue them for some reason.

For now, it's a big unknown. That's all there is to it. Directs continuing or ceasing to exist are both possibilities for the future, but it really depends on how Nintendo will run with Iwata gone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The big detail is that Morimoto doesn't even work at Nintendo. He's a Game Freak employee.

It works for a one-time thing. He probably was a substitute because Iwata was somehow unavailable, but to be a successor? That's what I'm doubting.

Nintendo Directs were likely coordinated by Iwata himself. He almost always presented them, mainly in Japan and most major international ones. They were his idea and something he created as president of Nintendo and didn't even need to do as part of his job.

The next president may not necessarily want to continue them for some reason.

For now, it's a big unknown. That's all there is to it. Directs continuing or ceasing to exist are both possibilities for the future, but it really depends on how Nintendo will run with Iwata gone.
I was joking about how Nintendo has certainly made questionable choices in the past. I still think Directs will happen, because if they're doing a random GF employee for a Direct, then it shows they don't need Iwata for them. Who will give new Directs? Just like K.Rool's current chances, no one is certain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom