• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Only one image explains this release date announcement:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240833-yo-kai-watch-hits-north-america-on-nov-6th?page=1#comment-22363
REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 19, 2015 – It’s difficult to overstate just how huge Yo-kai is in Japan. Now powerhouses like Nintendo, Disney XD, Hasbro and VIZ Media have teamed up to bring Yo-kai Watch to the U.S, based on an original concept from top Japanese entertainment company LEVEL-5, Inc.

But what is a Yo-kai anyway? Is it a spirit? A monster? A ghost? Nope – a Yo-kai is … well, it’s just a Yo-kai! You might not see them because they’re invisible, but they’re all around you every day. And they’re often mischievous, mysterious pranksters who like to make trouble for you. Lose your homework, can’t keep a secret or find yourself running late to everything? Yo-kai probably made you do it. The Yo-kai are based on common concerns kids have. By confronting those concerns, kids can learn to overcome them.

“The strength of the Yo-kai franchise demands strong partners,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Our Nintendo 3DS system is the perfect platform to bring this fun, one-of-a-kind video game experience to life.”

On Nov. 6, Nintendo will launch the YO-KAI WATCH game for its portable Nintendo 3DS system. You explore the world in the game using your Yo-kai Watch to discover more than 200 Yo-kai, then befriend them and turn them into a team to battle other Yo-kai. Each Yo-kai has its own unique skills and strengths, so you must use them to challenge troublemaking Yo-kai and help people in the game solve their daily problems. In Japan, the three YO-KAI WATCH 2 games accounted for three of the six best-selling console and hand-held games in Japan for 2014.

Commenting on the launch, Akihiro Hino, President of LEVEL-5, Inc., said, “When we first started exploring concepts for the YO-KAI WATCH universe, we immersed ourselves in learning about situations confronting kids in their everyday lives. This world – a child’s complicated, scary, confusing, exiting and very funny world – is the foundation of our IP, and the Nintendo game really captures this essence, along with the colorful and often amusing Yo-kai behind it all!”

For more information about the YO-KAI WATCH video game, visit http://yo-kai.nintendo.com.

This fall, Disney XD and other Disney XD-branded platforms will debut the animated comedy series based on Yo-kai. The show follows the hilarious misadventures of an average human boy and his involvement with the mischievous Yo-kai all around him. Our young hero obtains a special watch, empowering him to discover and summon Yo-kai, befriend them and then work together to solve everyday problems … problems that are often caused by other troublemaking Yo-kai!

On Nov. 3, VIZ Media’s Perfect Square imprint will launch the YO-KAI WATCH manga, written and drawn by Noriyuki Konishi. The YO-KAI WATCH manga will be rated ‘A’ for All Ages and will be available exclusively in print on a bi-monthly basis.

“The kinetic artwork and relatable cast of characters will make the YO-KAI WATCH manga series the perfect complement to the growing momentum behind this dynamic property,” says Beth Kawasaki, Perfect Square’s Senior Editorial Director.

For more information about the YO-KAI WATCH manga, visit http://www.viz.com/.

This January, Hasbro will introduce innovative play experiences for the Yo-kai Watch franchise in North America and Australia, expanding to additional global markets by the end of 2016. Hasbro’s line will include toys and games centered around collectible medals, each representing a unique Yo-kai.

“We look forward to introducing kids to the amazing Yo-kai Watch franchise through play experiences that give them the fantasy of befriending the Yo-kai characters and participating in their mischievous adventures,” said Jerry Perez, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Hasbro.

In Japan, the TV program has been the top-rated animated show on TV TOKYO for kids 4-12 years old. The franchise has more than $2 billion in retail merchandise sales, including games, music and publishing. More than 8 million units of Nintendo 3DS video games have been sold.
I'm telling you, they are pushing the **** out of this franchise!

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
So can these Mario Maker costumes use powerups, or to the revert back to Mario with a powerup item?

And are they only available in the classic NES theme?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer. :113:

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Only one image explains this release date announcement:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240833-yo-kai-watch-hits-north-america-on-nov-6th?page=1#comment-22363
I'm telling you, they are pushing the **** out of this franchise!
If this is the next Pokémon craze for Nintendo in North America and Europe, then it will sell gangbusters. I find it funny that all these companies are getting involved with it. Just kind of curious, is the game based off the anime or is the anime based off the game?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
If this is the next Pokémon craze for Nintendo in North America and Europe, then it will sell gangbusters. I find it funny that all these companies are getting involved with it. Just kind of curious, is the game based off the anime or is the anime based off the game?
Anime is based on the game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I kind of had a funny thought. If Yokai Watch is successful in the west as much as the Pokémon Craze back in the late 90's, will it impact the life of the 3DS? When the Game Boy was struggling in churning out lots of unique titles, Pokémon came out and actually made the Game Boy's lifespan a little bit longer.

I think Nintendo may be doing the same thing for the 3DS so they don't have to worry about releasing another handheld right now and just worry about the NX. It does make sense that they would do that. What do you guys think?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
@Spazzy_D
This is some early shots of the Smashified BomberMan in Brawl

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
Hey Look, It's Young Link :p

How about 3 for 3.
@DMurr
Chrom and Black Knight Trophies renders.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
on vacation atm, so I can't post often. But this mario maker hype is amazing! I need it now.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You guys might like this. I follow the "Interracial Dating" page on facebook, and they had a picture of an interracial couple. In the comments, everyone starting posting pics of their bfs and gfs. So I decided to post one too. Got a lot more likes and responses (and a bunch of friend requests). This joke is working out better than okcupid ;)

Also, feel free to photoshop my pic lol.

Edit: Sorry for the huge picture :0

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys might like this. I follow the "Interracial Dating" page on facebook, and they had a picture of an interracial couple. In the comments, everyone starting posting pics of their bfs and gfs. So I decided to post one too. Got a lot more likes and responses (and a bunch of friend requests). This joke is working out better than okcupid ;)

How to be internet famous:
>Make stupid joke
>wait
>????
>profit
Can confirm this works 99% of the time

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Happy birthday @AreJay25

Does anyone else have moments when food just isn't enough and you're starving for no reason? I ate so many sandwiches and spaghetti but I'm still hungry
I could probably finish a large box of pizza myself and still have some room left.

Chrono.

@Spazzy_D
This is some early shots of the Smashified BomberMan in Brawl

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
Hey Look, It's Young Link :p

How about 3 for 3.
@DMurr
Chrom and Black Knight Trophies renders.
So that's 4 leaks this guy's responsible for, 3 of them Smash related and only 1 managed to actually fool people.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else have moments when food just isn't enough and you're starving for no reason? I ate so many sandwiches and spaghetti but I'm still hungry
"Scientists believe that Black Holes can randomly appear inside people's stomaches.
This causes all the food to be stored on a pocket dimension until it reaches a certain point where the process will be reverted, the food finally reaches the stomach and the black hole dissipates.
This will cause all food eaten during that time to be deposited on it all at once, causing stomach pain, nausea, gases and an event known as 'Fast Fat' where all the weight one would have gained from the food is done all at once"
Trust me on that one
No need for a source
what am I doing with my life?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It may be crap but honestly more effort was put here than most leaks.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind this as a DLC set up at all (especially if Young Link is Mask tweaked). Knowing my luck though, next bundle will be 12 Mii Costumes, a port of New Pork City and Metal Mario as a playable character.
It's kind of sad that this is the best looking leak we've seen for a while too.

Hold up, I spoke too soon. There's a mouse cursor on Rosalina's face LMFAO.
It's not even good by fake CSS leak standards.

Look at Wolf, he's off-center, has a small white outline, and is pretty clearly cropped from a Brawl screenshot. Isaac's just the Brawl Assist Trophy model, and Young Link's picture looks like a drawing someone made.

I mean, it's not quite as bad as Plasticsoldier64, the Dixie Kong with the MS Paint mouth leak, or the dozens of CSS' with the 50 Facts Mewtwo model, but it's definitely not one of the best recent leaks. The Dr. Mario stage, N64 Classic Mode, and the K. Rool Direct one, off the top of my head, are all far better.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo's announcing stuff on twitter eh?

Guess directs are a thing of the past.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy **** me, is Weegee THIS slippery?
"Scientists believe that Black Holes can randomly appear inside people's stomaches.
This causes all the food to be stored on a pocket dimension until it reaches a certain point where the process will be reverted, the food finally reaches the stomach and the black hole dissipates.
This will cause all food eaten during that time to be deposited on it all at once, causing stomach pain, nausea, gases and an event known as 'Fast Fat' where all the weight one would have gained from the food is done all at once"
Trust me on that one
No need for a source
what am I doing with my life?
So...I can eat 5 buckets of KFC and not get a food coma?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Xenoblade is one of those rare games where, despite the graphics, I can look at it and marvel at how amazing the visuals are. It'd look really amazing in HD, but it's still a beautiful game despite that (and X covers that department).

Oh, and since you're in Gaur Plains, watch out for the big red ape with the fluffy tail, run if you see it.

[collapse=]I'm at endgame and I still can't kill that thing.[/collapse]
Haha I was so excited when I saw it I ran right up to it and died instantly. That thing is a beast.

But you're right. It's still a stunning game.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It's not even good by fake CSS leak standards.

Look at Wolf, he's off-center, has a small white outline, and is pretty clearly cropped from a Brawl screenshot. Isaac's just the Brawl Assist Trophy model, and Young Link's picture looks like a drawing someone made.

I mean, it's not quite as bad as Plasticsoldier64, the Dixie Kong with the MS Paint mouth leak, or the dozens of CSS' with the 50 Facts Mewtwo model, but it's definitely not one of the best recent leaks. The Dr. Mario stage, N64 Classic Mode, and the K. Rool Direct one, off the top of my head, are all far better.
*grumbles something about overscan safety zones*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo's announcing stuff on twitter eh?

Guess directs are a thing of the past.
Wonder what NoE has for us
Haha I was so excited when I saw it I ran right up to it and died instantly. That thing is a beast.

Shulk: I'm going to feel that big red ape
Reyn: SHULK DON FEEL ET
Shulk: I'M GONNA FEEL IT!

Chrono.

Dr. Mario stage leak was the only one people (including some from this very thread) didn't give up on until the leakers came forward themselves.

D

Deleted member

You've heard of overleveled Xenoblade enemies, now get ready for

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Serious answer, carb-based foods like spaghetti do a piss-poor job at filling you up for an appropriate calorie amount. Eat something protein or fiber based instead if hunger is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom