• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I may not be as emotional as others regarding his death (as I was late getting into Nintendo), but my sincerest respects go to his family and himself. Its really saddening that this has happened. He was a huge contributer to the gaming industry and really changed alot of peoples lives. Iwata, you did alot of great things for a lot of people and I sincerely give my gratitude. My words can't express how much you have done and how you have influenced my life.

You will be respected in all of gamers hearts. We thank you for everything you have done. Rest in peace Iwata :cry:.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll admit something.

Rosalina's Storybook makes me cry like a baby.

The times I've watched that recently, I've been able to contain myself.

Now that Iwata has died, and knowing that he had just as influential a role in Super Mario Galaxy's development, I can't even listen to it without breaking down completely.

Well done, Iwata, you and the masterpieces you've helped create.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

That's it. I'm playing Earthbound again. To respect Iwata's legacy.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
This is so sad man. I had seen this on social media and thought someone was making a dumb joke, but damn. This man made me laugh so much in the Directs, he was a great example to follow as president and was just such a pleasant dude. RIP.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, i haven;t posted on this thread yet as I was on the other social thread, but it basically goes like this.

I legit cried, this is really rare for me to cry, that really tells you how much I cared for nintendo. Nintendo really taught me something that made me so passionate about video games: they are a form of art.

Iwata clearly knew this which deeply saddens me as without him, I might not have enjoyed gaming as much as today. leading nintendo that far is soemthing remarkable.

As a matter of fact, he was Executive producer of the last 3 Paper Mario games, pm64 was the former president.

RIP Mr Iwata, I will miss you :(

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I don't want to be a grammar freak at a time like this... but the thread title should say "Rest in peace", not "piece". The man deserves properly structured remorse statements.

Then again, grammar is probably the least of our concerns at the moment.

D

Deleted member

"You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world!"

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
You know what's worse? We're going through this again in the future
Oh god...
I don't even want to think about that right now. This has hurt a lot but I don't even want to imagine what it's going to feel like when other people from Nintendo pass away.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't want to be a grammar freak at a time like this... but the thread title should say "Rest in peace", not "piece". The man deserves properly structured remorse statements.

Then again, grammar is probably the least of our concerns at the moment.
Autocorrect.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

RIP to the man that saved Nintendo in the wake of the Game Cube era.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Wow. This is just so sudden and shocking. He made what Nintendo is today. He knows that importance of fun in videogames.
May you rest in peace in Iwata.:sadeyes:

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

RIP to the man that saved Nintendo in the wake of the Game Cube era.
Post-mortem, that's possibly among the most appropriate usages of the "Please Understand" phrase yet.

Beyond his legendary accomplishments, Satoru Iwata was a respectably down-to-earth and good-hearted man who once cut his own pay in half and refused to lay off his own staff. It's stupidly cheesy, but Iwata was not only kind, he was one-of-a-kind. I'll truly miss those Nintendo Direct presentations, as well those Iwata Asks interviews. Farewell, Iwata.

Rest in peace.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Anyone still in shock or feel this is a bad dream? I still can't believe he passed. It was so sudden and very unexpected. I just hope he and Hiroshi Yamaguchi are playing with Haufanda cards in the sky.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm curious how Japan will react to this. Usually there's lots of exciting stuff going on, but I hardly see anything related to death.
Japan ignores the negative.

It will be broadcast, but it won't get the collective mourning the rest of the world will do.

It's kind of neat in a way. A man loved by people around the world.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Now that I think of it, considering that Wreck-It-Ralph exists I will not be surprised at all if Disney sends condolences.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You wanna really feel like ****.

The flags are at Half Mast at Nintendo HQ in Japan right now
:cry:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
RIP IWATA. I was all happy i just bought the new roy orbison documentary and i made myself an ice cream cone, then i see the drug lord escaped again, and iwata passes. The Directs will never be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom