• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm having an argument with someone who says Sm4sh is horribly unbalanced and that Ganondorf is fast...Can you report people for a lack of intelligence?
As a matter of fact, you can. However, it is both discouraged and not really effective.
My advice to deal with one such "scrub" is to select their profile icon and click a nifty little button titled "Ignore".

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The prick claimed Mewtwo was nerfed from his Melee counterpart. He said Robin's a good rushdown characters. He says Falcon and Ganondorf are OP and have great recoveries. He claims he can beat everyone on the forum. He claims that if you could do 999% with every move, you'd be doing the same as picking a high tier character. He claims hyper-aggresive play is the only way people should play. He claims Mewtwo should have been the only DLC character because it makes him special. ****ing Spoon Sword Social man
"Robin's a good rushdown character"
"Falcon and Ganondorf have great recoveries"
"Hyper-aggressive play is the only way to play"
"Mewtwo should have been the only DLC character because it makes him special"

Yeah I'd put him on Ignore

Chrono.

I'm probably the only one that just wants the new game to only have a new region, same Pokemon and mechanics, just a different region from Kalos(and maybe some megas), basically making the third version feel different(or at least something similar to B2W2
I definitely want this too.

I think it helps that there's a couple hints at a new region (and that one item that goes unused is a huge hint as well)

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokemon, I can't believe I almost forgot that Corocoro was leaked
http://www.serebii.net/
Important pic

Probably Zygarde's Mega/Primal Reversion/Fusion/Alternate Form/Other
Pokemon is tumblr now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Pokemon, I can't believe I almost forgot that Corocoro was leaked
http://www.serebii.net/
Important pic

Probably Zygarde's Mega/Primal Reversion/Fusion/Alternate Form/Other
Pokemon is tumblr now
I recommend you look back a few pages.

I don't think we'll get Gen VII soon, especially as Sugimori had artist block, that was the reason we didn't get Mega Flygon too sadly

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Among the many notes I have gathered throughout my mistakes in making articles:
- Do not ask for help all of the time, search for yourself.
- Preemptively think about what other people will say to argue.
- Avoid arguments that rely on opinion.
- Acknowledge positives and negatives, weigh everything equally.
- Source when appropriate.
- Use the right choice of words.
- Source the original source, don’t copy from Wikipedia.
- Check for grammar. Seriously, check it if makes sense.
- Flow well between paragraphs, add additional details.
- Stay objective, not subjective.
- Elaborate when you need to, don’t assume the people know.
- Avoid unprofessional tone. Refrain from using phrases like “People say” or “Most say”, just bring up the argument directly.
- Don’t encourage support on the character, there are threads in Smashboards that have that role, not for Source Gaming.
- Keep wording short, don’t make it long for the sake of it, turn this “As of Level-5’s current state” into this “Currently, Level-5…"
- Inform, not persuade.
- Avoid run-ons.
- Mention who/what you are referring to when writing about something.
- Mix it up, don’t refer to their/its name all the time when continually talking about it, if they have something like a nickname or name that people commonly call, use it often to avoid being repetitive.
- Use your adjectives.
- Don’t just copy and paste links, link it in the words. For example, if I was talking about how Bayonetta is a popular candidate, I wouldn’t copy and paste the link after that. I would highlight the words and then use the link function. It saves space.
If you follow these guidelines. You'll start of writing great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I recommend you look back a few pages.

I don't think we'll get Gen VII soon, especially as Sugimori had artist block, that was the reason we didn't get Mega Flygon too sadly
I wasn't saying anything about Gen 7, just linking to Serebii with the leaked corocoro and commenting what most agree to be a form of Zygarde
I am confuse :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm having an argument with someone who says Sm4sh is horribly unbalanced and that Ganondorf is fast...Can you report people for a lack of intelligence?
Unfortunately... no. Trolling yes. Being stupid, sadly, nope. And i know idiots on this forum who clearly have no business making arguments. -_-

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wasn't saying anything about Gen 7, just linking to Serebii with the leaked corocoro and commenting what most agree to be a form of Zygarde
I am confuse :confused:
This is how I do sentences on forums.

Statement A

Statement B
They only thing I said directed at you was that you should look back a few pages as we've discussed Zygarde's form

D

Deleted member

This is how I do sentences on forums.

Statement A

Statement B
They only thing I said directed at you was that you should look back a few pages as we've discussed Zygarde's form
Oh, sorry, I get it now, but it's just that there isn't that much of a space between sentences and I'm used to see at least 2-3 lines in-between

Like this. And yeah, I jumped some pages when I saw there were 9 pages since last time I was here since was too lazy to read all of them.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Had a pretty decent comeback as :4mewtwo: vs :4link:. Pretty impressed by myself

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
The prick claimed Mewtwo was nerfed from his Melee counterpart. He said Robin's a good rushdown characters. He says Falcon and Ganondorf are OP and have great recoveries. He claims he can beat everyone on the forum. He claims that if you could do 999% with every move, you'd be doing the same as picking a high tier character. He claims hyper-aggresive play is the only way people should play. He claims Mewtwo should have been the only DLC character because it makes him special. ****ing Spoon Sword Social man
Man, this has to be seen to be believed. After checking the thread and user in question... Wow. This guy is extremely arrogant and ignorant when it comes to how Smash works. He needs to learn to git gud and adapt to different play styles and strategies instead of blaming the game on his short comings.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm half-expecting the phantom pain to end with mgs2 level ****ery

(i liked mgs2 though)

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Didn't people only hate it because you didn't play as Snake?
that was a big part of it, yeah
the entire buildup to it intentionally misled everyone (and it's hilarious in hindsight tbh)
it... was also very confusing. the ending was a huge mind screw on the phenomenon of making sequels for games, memes, and god knows what else, and some of the details make no sense even with at least half of mgs4 serving to explain it

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I still can't wait for MGS5, MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever. It's definitely the last modern Konami game I am ever buying though.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I didn't like MGS2 because I just did not care for the half of the characters, and the Big Shell or w/e wasn't very interesting or fun to stealth in (those annoying sniper/cameras that flies around ughugghhh). The plot of the game was just way too non-sensational, even for a MGS game. I could at least follow along the story in every other game, but this one left me too confused.

I first played this game on the HD collection, so I already long knew about Raiden taking over (not that I don't mind, although Raiden acted like a whiny loser, geez. Also **** Rose. And a big **** you to Vamp for being the worst villain.).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, which of these 2 games I've barely started to play with should I beat first ?

Like for the one on left, Reply for the one on right.

Chrono.

The only Metal Gear game I played was Revengeance.

It was really good, could've been longer though.

kylexv

Smash Master
Twitch Plays Pokemon is about to start a run of Randomized Alpha Sapphire, if anyone's curious.
And by about, I mean an hour from now.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
have they done a full run of telefang yet
the last thing i even heard about was touhoumon

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
...Did anyone else see the announcement that a new Smash character was being announced this week? I didn't imagine that, did I?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh LOL That was a 2014 post. That explains the "error". I was really thinking this was a fake account for a second. Also that was for the Robin/Lucina trailer I believe.

it was people spreading the announcement from a year ago for some reason
Somehow missed that post lol

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Come on, people , if it isn't posted on the NintendoOfAmericO or NintendoOfEuropee Twitter accounts, it's obviously fake. Get with it!

D

Deleted member

Like 10 people posted that on reddit yesterday.

It was annoying lol.
About 4 Facebook pages and one of my friends shared this yesterday too.
Jokes on them, I realized right away that it was from last year, how could I forget the great day that Gematsu was debunked? :denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom