• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Is that super armor on his neutral B?

And Lucas.
So Melee specials then? Not sure on his double-edge dance (it seems the same but it might not be,) I suppose, but everything else looks the same (to be fair, double-edge dance was the only move that made sense to change imo.)

I think I'm done hanging around on this thread (or on Smashboards) for today. At this point I would rather just watch the reveals as they come during the direct tomorrow.

Someone tag me if they snuck in sound files for Wolf or something else crazy happens, lol.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
So Roy will play close to how he did in Melee and Lucas in Brawl. Sakurai likes to stick to the original designs/concepts. I can't knock him for that honestly.

I plan to pick up Roy as a main character of mine alongside Kirby who I was trying to learn better just this week. I'll test out Ryu to see how he plays but since I suck at Street Fighter, I bet that will transfer into his smash playstyle.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Do you guys think Ryu will have proper newcomer trailer like the other newcomers?
This leak has spoiled a lot but seeing a trailer for him will still be very hype
:160:

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Looks like Little Mac Kirby has some competition on those eyebrows now...

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Do we know if the Triple Deluxe track is the original or a remix? Judging by the name, it's one of the Sectonia themes (Moonstruck Blossom)?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What music tracks / sound files were found in the update so far?
snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F28_KBY64_PopStar.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F29_TDX_TamashiiNoTatakai.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F30_YIM_IceCreamIsland.nus3bank
snd_bgm_R70_RTG_BlueBirds.nus3bank
snd_bgm_R71_MRT_SaruDokei.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF01a_SF2_Ryu.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF01b_SF2_Ryu_Pinch.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF02a_SF2_Ryu_2.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF02b_SF2_Ryu_2_Pinch.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF03a_SF2_Ken.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF03b_SF2_Ken_Pinch.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF04a_SF2_Ken_2.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF04b_SF2_Ken_2_Pinch.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF05_SF2_RyuStage.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF06_SF2_KenStage.nus3bank
snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand.nus3bank
snd_bgm_W06_SDX_YumeNoIzumi.nus3bank
+ Victory themes for all the DLC characters.

Can confirm that's all the music in the update.
Still trying to figure out how to unpack everything. Have all the files, but they are "packed".

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So @ DMurr DMurr
Now that I know your awake.
How you holding up?
:4myfriends:
I'm literally struggling to type this, lol.

Roy's redesign is fantastic. All of his alternate colors are good. His new voice acting is still spot on.

He's in the update, though, which, most importantly, means I might get to play him very soon. Much sooner than I expected.

I can't even.. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm literally struggling to type this, lol.

Roy's redesign is fantastic. All of his alternate colors are good. His new voice acting is still spot on.

He's in the update, though, which, most importantly, means I might get to play him very soon. Much sooner than I expected.

I can't even.. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
One day remains.
:4lucas:

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Seems fitting that Roy can only speak Japanese.
Marth has a game where he speaks English now, but he still only has a Japanese voice in Smash. Legacy vocals, I suppose.
I wouldn't want Roy to speak any other language.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I can't believe we are getting all 3 tomorrow.
All I wanted was Lucas.
And as I said before.
He is the gift that keeps on giving.
WHOA WHAT?! TOMORROW?!?!?!? SOMEONE SEND ME AN AMBULANCE AND TELL ME THATS REAL

AND DAMMIT NOOOOOO NOT INKLING DISCONFIRMED WHYHYHYHYHYHYYHYHYHYH

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Thanks @ PushDustIn PushDustIn . I'm trying to still catch up on everything XD. Also, how did you guys dump the update? Was it through the kernel exploit on Wii U?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ DMurr DMurr I know how much you wanted Roy back so I'm really chuffed that you dig him. His new design is pretty boss.

I wonder what they have in store for us at the actual E3.

It isn't 100% confirmed that they're coming tomorrow but it's a safe assumption.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion

No conformation they are coming tommorrow, just that the upd8 allows them. its always possible it'll still be a while away. Hell, I wouldnt be surprised of they intentionally stager release to ensure hype is gathered and there isnt a weird time with nothing happening while they start the ballots and stuff

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Thanks @ PushDustIn PushDustIn . I'm trying to still catch up on everything XD. Also, how did you guys dump the update? Was it through the kernel exploit on Wii U?
NUS update. I'm used UWizard, which combined NUS downloader and crediar's CDecrypt.

AFAIK there isn't any tourney stuff. Will keep looking. Once I get info on how to unpack the files I'll have a much better idea/ can start investigating things more.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Boys....Girls...

It's....amazing.

In one iteration of Smash we got Mega Man, Pac Man, and Ryu all added to the roster.

We also saw Roy and the Doc return.

We got a bunch of brilliant newcomers from Nintendo franchises.

Everything. Is. So. Flipping. Cool.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Gais Ryu is getting cut I swear ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also Buff Roy x Buff Ike is now my ship.

It's sailing.

DON'T STOP ME NOW.

I SHALL BECOME HENTAI YAOI BARA MASTER.

Kidding. So kidding.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Marth has a game where he speaks English now, but he still only has a Japanese voice in Smash. Legacy vocals, I suppose.
I wouldn't want Roy to speak any other language.
Well Roy does have an English game appearance in a hidden scene in Fire Emblem 7

Kind of sad they didn't incorprate this into his Smash 4 design:
:troll:
Isn't he just adorable.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Duck Hunt Dog... I still cannot believe Sakurai actually put him in the game... my god, I must have been annoying Smash fans on Nsider, NinDB, and SmashBoards with my Duck Hunt Dog propaganda for 12 years... even got into arguments that occasionally escalated into flame wars with several detractors on here like Smashchu, Johnknight, Habanero, and ToiseOfChoice... and several detractors on NinDB including the webmaster... the more they rejected it, the more I wanted it... and my pay day finally came. It's just like what Gandhi said... first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
I'm going to cover why this whole post is wrong. The first part I will cover is a clarifications of my past and present viewpoints that were obviously accurately misrepresented. To be blunt, that part will be boring for most of you. The second part is ultimately my major issue with this post, what it represents, and what it is doing.

===

What the Smash 4 development team gave us was an entirely different character than "the Duck Hunt Dog" you and many others presented." In your and like-minded people's vision of Duck Hunt, the Dog was the primary focus. With Duck Hunt in Smash 4, the Dog is only a part of the character, and acts as the primary conduit. In Smash 4 the entire game is the character, and it revolves around the Zapper and the parts of the game, including the Dog, the Duck, and even outside sources.

For the record, I disliked every idea I saw based around the Dog as the central focus. I still fundamentally disagree with all such ideas on them. I found none of those ideas useful. However, there were a select few ideas revolving around the gun or some functionalities of the game being the focus with the dog and 1 to 3 ducks as the basis that I thought might have potential, specifically if it revolved around the NES Zapper.

So yes, I opposed your and other people's "Duck Hunt Dog." However, I never had any opposition to "Duck Hunt."

===

As for you and your "crusade" of Duck Hunt Dog after the fact... you're very over-dramatic about it. You make it sound like you're super dedicated to a Holy cause.

However, that's not my big picture issue here.

My big picture issue is your portrayal of everyone who disagreed with you even a little bit over this as an antagonist.

You use Spaghetti Western good guy vs. bad guy portrayals of people, false recollections of events, and sweeping and incredibly low grade over-generalizations. You are taking advantage of people's ignorance of the topic, and using them to oppose anyone who disagreed with you, as well as to uplift yourself. We call it an ego trip.

You spend the whole posts taking shots, and then you reference "pay day." Most people don't get that reference. Arcadenik made a huge moveset for Meowth. 5 or 6 moves on it were literally "pay day." It was a rather humorous occurrence. Instead of humbling yourself by referencing that or how dedicated you are to your ideals (which isn't a bad thing), you're using it to shame others. Instead of making the focus of your story about your doubts about Duck Hunt, you had to essentially make up "bad guys" you had to beat.

You antagonize many people for the sake of melodrama to make your struggle seem harder to overcome in order to add real physical people as your dragons you had to slay. Instead of clarifying I thought the ideas presented to me by and large for Duck Hunt were boring by you and others, you created a false narrative where I was you said "detractors like... Johnknight1" and then bring up "flame wars," implying me and others are at fault.

And to top it all off, you commit your worst offense at the very end, and it's the worst hyperbole you committed in this post....

...You close by quoting Gandhi. By doing so, you de facto are comparing your struggles with the Duck Hunt Dog with Gandhi's, and also de facto comparing anyone opposing you to those that opposed Gandhi and his incredible quest for peace and equality in India, South Africa, and across the world. All this likely wasn't intentional, but it was still in poor taste and done with the general laziness that in my opinion is an accurate depiction of up your posting and shared opinions on such topics.

===

And to the 15 people who liked this above quoted post (that would be @TaichiYaegashi @ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft @Aurora Jenny @BluePikmin11 @Awesomedude4444 @CyberHyperPhoenix @Curious Villager @tehponycorn @Jgt044 @ TheAnvil TheAnvil @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D @ Lucimar Lucimar @KingBro1 and @egaddmario of course) let this be a lesson to you not to favorite a sweeping generalization propaganda-filled post, or else you might get called out for being lazy for liking all such posts... like you are now.

Don't automatically agree with what you read from one side of the story, especially when the one side is gloating so much.

\\

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
well ****

presentation is spoiled

but least we'll hear about the pricing and trailers. so hopefully there's still something to look forward to

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Also Buff Roy x Buff Ike is now my ship.

It's sailing.

DON'T STOP ME NOW.

I SHALL BECOME HENTAI YAOI BARA MASTER.

Kidding. So kidding.
I'm pretty sure i've seen something like that already
well ****

presentation is spoiled

but least we'll hear about the pricing and trailers. so hopefully there's still something to look forward to
still the chance of something new (I imagine it'd be a while away though), plus trailers

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
!
You know, I was skeptical on Ryu, and I'm still somewhat am, but I have to admit, he looks pretty damn fun. I guess I'm eating some crow for breakfast.
There isn't.

This is unacceptable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom