• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well what is on Monday?
Maintenance, so new update. People are thinking there will be new DLC, but the cynics are thinking it will be bug fixes with some balancing tweaks.

I'm 50/50 on it honestly. I would like if DLC is happening, but I'm not gonna hype myself up.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Reddits seem to believe that a DLC thing is gonna happen on Monday, what do you guys think?

Some are speculating that it will be Snake and Shovel Knight? I mean, I'm the one to be usually optimistic but to me that's being a bit too hopeful.
Anyone expecting Snake on Monday is completely delusional.

I don't think there's going to be any DLC on Monday, but if there was, the chance of it being Snake is virtually non-existent.

What spawned this theory, Phantom Pain? Because the "LET'S GUESS CHARACTERS BASED ON GAME RELEASES!" theories are literally always wrong.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maintenance, so new update. People are thinking there will be new DLC, but the cynics are thinking it will be bug fixes with some balancing tweaks.

I'm 50/50 on it honestly. I would like if DLC is happening, but I'm not gonna hype myself up.
Ah. In my opinion I don't see it. As I highly doubt they'd just sneak in DLC under everyone's noses.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The Reddits seem to believe that a DLC thing is gonna happen on Monday, what do you guys think?

Some are speculating that it will be Snake and Shovel Knight? I mean, I'm the one to be usually optimistic but to me that's being a bit too hopeful.
I mean, I think they would have learned from Ryu and Roy not to leave assets in the patches. That's the most I'd expect in terms of DLC.

At the same time, it doesn't feel like it's been all that long since our most recent balance patch. Could be something, could be nothing. The timing is kind of funny though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
When I made that post, I was expecting a bit of backlash for crapping on Inafune, since I have upset some people in the past for saying Mighty No. 9 looks bad.

Never in a thousand years would I have expected Brianna Wu to be the one that ticked people off. Way to defy expectations and fight the patriarchy, Khoru. Embarrass

Who's dissing Beck? I just said I think he shouldn't be in Smash since his game's not even out yet.

It's all about Inafune.
Plus we don't need any :4megaman:clones. Rock doesn't need to see his pissant step-brother.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Vector's the best....What would Boom Vector look like?
I feel like his design wouldn't change a lot compared to the others. The show is better than I remember. I prefer Eggman.

I don't know what it's going to be, but I think that it's safe to say that there will be at least some news given the circumstances.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Guys, I was trying all night to get my rank up in Splatoon before the Splatfest.

I had one point left before rank up when the splatfest started. Argh!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
On Neogaf people are saying there's been 3 maintenances without updates, so it's possible it's nothing.

There is an hour gap between the 3DS and Wii U, so I think the chance of a new update is low.

Monday night is actually Tuesday morning for Japan so they could announce something on America's Sunday (my Monday). I'm in the wait and see camp right now.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Quick question about the Shovel Knight Leak Timeline.

About a week ago there was a Spanish site leak that listed a Shovel Knight amiibo, but the art was made from ArtsyOmni's Smashified series. I remember around that time someone made an amiibo mockup, so maybe they got confused or something. But they put the listing up on accident somehow.

A couple of days later (2 days ago) Tamaki uploaded the video explaining the leak, which kinda blew this whole thread up.

The next day UK game retailer GAME accidentally sends out a tweet or something that fully reveals the Shovel Knight Amiibo. And that same night the official announcement with the Game Grumps happens during the Nindies@Night thing.

Does anyone else find this to be pretty odd that all these leaks are happening so close in time frame to one another?

The fact that the Shovel Knight leak video was uploaded before all of this, with a Spanish listing (that most people ignored) being the only thing to point towards Shovel Knight being in Smash at all.

So weird.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Didn't DLC wave 3 come out this month?I doubt will get a character 3 weeks later especially with no hints of extra stages or mii outfits.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

About a week ago there was a Spanish site leak that listed a Shovel Knight amiibo, but the art was made from ArtsyOmni's Smashified series. I remember around that time someone made an amiibo mockup, so maybe they got confused or something. But they put the listing up on accident somehow.

A couple of days later (2 days ago) Tamaki uploaded the video explaining the leak, which kinda blew this whole thread up.

The next day UK game retailer GAME accidentally sends out a tweet or something that fully reveals the Shovel Knight Amiibo. And that same night the official announcement with the Game Grumps happens during the Nindies@Night thing.

Does anyone else find this to be pretty odd that all these leaks are happening so close in time frame to one another?

The fact that the Shovel Knight leak video was uploaded before all of this, with a Spanish listing (that most people ignored) being the only thing to point towards Shovel Knight being in Smash at all.

So weird.
I don't think it's weird. This is typically how leaks go. A rapid fire flood of information, then silence.

Don't forget the ESRB leak's timeline, which was quite similar.

Didn't DLC wave 3 come out this month?I doubt will get a character 3 weeks later especially with no hints of extra stages or mii outfits.
The very end of July, actually.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

So weird.
The leaks point to an amiibo, which is exactly what we got.

Nothing so far, from what I know, is convincing that he's actually in Smash.

Chrono.

Actually, maybe the fact that there has been so many leaks lately has made us think we'll see something soon but it's really all nothing.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think it's weird. This is typically how leaks go. A rapid fire flood of information, then silence.

That's what I'm saying. That's the biggest reason I believe the leak is real, Shovel Knight went from 0 to 90 in the span of a week with new info leaking out from every orifice.

The "Maintenance" on Monday is a completely other story, I would suspect this "Shovel Knight" DLC to drop around the same time the Plague of Shadows patch drops. Which will probably be mid to late September.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm actually kind of believing Shovel Knight will be in Smash Bros and he might be released mid September. Cause it seems each DLC pack comes out every 1 and a half month.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

really?Strange doesn't feel that long

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think it happened over the course of about 10 days from rumor to confirmation.

You can read about it here.

Remember when people thought that Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac? Or that the gameplay was faked via Brawl modding? Hilarious.
i have no idea what your talking about.lol.I thought DLC wave 3 was released in august and Burb told me it was July and was shocked because it felt shorter than that.Sorry for the confusion

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I mean, yeah, but in the case where he gets in and Paper Mario doesn't. I just don't understand it.
To be honest, Sakurai has always gone with weird and nonsensical choices. It's highly reflected in the base game's roster. Most of the newcomers we're never expected like Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. Sakurai doing this doesn't surprise me. The thing that surprises me is it's Shovel Knight of all characters. So, I get what your saying. It's just normal that Sakurai usually does this.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No..No, I can't. I just..I don't wanna, man....

I don't wanna roll it up so soon. I don't want to just snip my dreams like that.
Your chances are as thin as paper.
I hate to cut corners and be blunt with you, but I think it's time to fold. You can't let yourself get torn to shreds like this.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Your chances are as thin as paper.
I hate to cut corners and be blunt with you, but I think it's time to fold. You can't let yourself get torn to shreds like this.
This is cutting me like an edge....just the sheer power of this makes me want to just punch the holes and go home.
It's not worth cutting my life away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom