• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Actually, on that note: Imagine how disgusting the meta would look right now without patches. Sheik pre-patch in the 3DS days was just insane, having her on the Wii U would be insanely broken.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i doubt will get any DLC related monday but please god please buff kirby and give lucas a few more combo options

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
D

Deleted member

Yes to Jack Frost and Kalas, indifferent to everyone else. However, it might be neat to see Beck or Gunvolt duke it out against Mega Man, even if I'm not as excited for the former's game as I was when it was first announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Anyone wanting to pick up a movie, look no further as to: Chappie

Although the title may sound a bit funny, I assure you the movie is not! After being programmed with a consciousness, he begins acts like a child, learning as the film progresses. I'll admit, the movie made me cry (I'm drowning in tears send help) the movie wraps itself up pretty nicely

i doubt will get any DLC related monday but please god please buff kirby and give lucas a few more combo options
Have you ever tried using down throw?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait a minute. If maintenance is happening on Monday, it's actually coinciding with a wrestling event that happens every Monday. I know who the next DLC character will be...
:troll:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Splatfest is starting soon, guys.
Screw Autobots, all hail the Decepticon overlords.

Although the title may sound a bit funny, I assure you the movie is not! After being programmed with a consciousness, he begins acts like a child, learning as the film progresses. I'll admit, the movie made me cry (I'm drowning in tears send help) the movie wraps itself up pretty nicely

I can confirm I loved the movie. . .except the ending. It is a really really dumb plot twist. But everything else is pretty damn fun.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Episode 8 of Dragon Ball super airs on August 30th

The Maintainance is on August 31st

Coincidence?
yeah it probably is

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Down-throw is a good combo tool low/mid-low percent and true he has a couple of footstool cmbos(good job trying to do the though) but I feel he needs something a bit more maybe make his up-throw kill at early percentages or something along those lines

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Welp, it finally happened. I lost in Splatoon by. 01%
Also because of the new weapon, I once got an all-charger team.
20150828_222048.jpg

Needless to say, it didn't went very well.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Down-throw is a good combo tool low/mid-low percent and true he has a couple of footstool cmbos(good job trying to do the though) but I feel he needs something a bit more maybe make his up-throw kill at early percentages or something along those lines
At about 110% I believe down throw to up air kills and is a true combo (could be wrong) and if not, you could read their air dodge

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If you guys want to know what Sony did to themselves with the PS3, I highly recommend this video.
It's very informative, but I understand if you don't want to watch a creep beard man talk.
no I actually really recommend to watch this guy.

Sure, he might swear a bit and he might sound like REALLY creepy, but man his videos are informative.

Thanks to him I learned that composite sucks and people who used SCART had MUCH better image quality.

And I really love his cleaning videos. He basically tear down systems on camera and it;s fun to see because I like seeing internals :)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Mewtwo needs a lot of fixes

Pretty much every top level player I've seen making tier lists agree he isn't viable. Zelda and Doc need some buffs too.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'd hate for Beck to get in. Not just because he's from a new IP that hasn't even had a released game yet, but because of Comcept's slimy business.

Inafune's heading straight up there with the likes of Peter Molyneux and Brianna Wu as one of the biggest losers in the industry.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'd hate for Beck to get in. Not just because he's from a new IP that hasn't even had a released game yet, but because of Comcept's slimy business.

Inafune's heading straight up there with the likes of Peter Molyneux and Brianna Wu as one of the biggest losers in the industry.
Beck in Smash will be a Kickstarter. It will miss the funding until a shady Chinese company picks up the slack, after which the Kickstarter will become about getting Beck a Final Smash.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Beck in Smash will be a Kickstarter. It will miss the funding until a shady Chinese company picks up the slack, after which the Kickstarter will become about getting Beck a Final Smash.
You have to raise money to get Beck into the game.

But his development will be delayed a billion times, while Inafune and company promise Beck Smash Bros animes and live action films.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Molyneux isn't that bad and he just make promises he can't back up but he's honest. Eu is a pathological liar and asshole. Inafune is just crap and a con man. Like Tim Shafter

Plus we don't need any :4megaman:clones. Rock doesn't need to see his pissant step-brother.

Soul.

A lot of characters were kinda stupid back in the 3DS days.
Too bad almost everyone is a Wii U elitist now. my poor 3DS

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay Smashers I need some help.

I'm really struggling with characters who have (for lack of a better word) 'rush moves'.

By this I mean Falcon and 'dorf's Falcon Kick, Wario's Bike, Pit's Upperdash Arm etc.

Is there a good way to counter these or should I just be focusing on spot dodge/ roll?

I've finally started playing online lol. I need to work on my aerials landing.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
do we really have to do this
She really needs to focus on making her games instead of whining on social media about a great sexist conspiracy. After all that's what the iconic female devs like Amy Hennig and Roberta Williams do.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Okay Smashers I need some help.

I'm really struggling with characters who have (for lack of a better word) 'rush moves'.

By this I mean Falcon and 'dorf's Falcon Kick, Wario's Bike, Pit's Upperdash Arm etc.

Is there a good way to counter these or should I just be focusing on spot dodge/ roll?

I've finally started playing online lol. I need to work on my aerials landing.
A big part of beating these kinds of players is turning their ego against them. They start to resemble a flowchart if you watch them long enough. They act like they know exactly where and when you will land and how to respond - go out of your way not to be there. For example, a lot of Falcons I play will try and combo me off stage, then jump up and predict where I'll be for a bair kill. That's when I fade back and force them to miss. It's often hard to punish back from this position, but at least you won't die and you might actually make it back to stage (though if they're TOO cocky, you can totally call them on it and land a meaty spike).

Aerials are your friend. Grabs too. I'm guessing you're having a lot of trouble with them rolling back then punishing - chase and grab, that'll show em.

If that doesn't work, get some range.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Jump.

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE WINNER

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
She really needs to focus on making her games instead of whining on social media about a great sexist conspiracy. After all that's what the iconic female devs like Amy Hennig and Roberta Williams do.
They'll just ignore them and say its institutional misogyny.

These crackpots went after comics and is coming after gaming as well. The one thing they can't touch is music and sports considering they are bigger mediums

Burb

The Absolute Worst
do we really have to do this
When I made that post, I was expecting a bit of backlash for crapping on Inafune, since I have upset some people in the past for saying Mighty No. 9 looks bad.

Never in a thousand years would I have expected Brianna Wu to be the one that ticked people off. Way to defy expectations and fight the patriarchy, Khoru. Embarrass

Also Inb4 this thread turns into "Dissing the crap out of Inafune and Beck: The thread" :p
Who's dissing Beck? I just said I think he shouldn't be in Smash since his game's not even out yet.

It's all about Inafune.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A big part of beating these kinds of players against them is turning their ego against them. They start to resemble a flowchart if you watch them long enough. They act like they know exactly where and when you will land and how to respond - go out of your way not to be there. For example, a lot of Falcons I play will try and combo me off stage, then jump up and predict where I'll be for a bair kill. That's when I fade back and force them to miss. It's often hard to punish back from this position, but at least you won't die and you might actually make it back to stage (though if they're TOO cocky, you can totally call them on it and land a meaty spike).

Aerials are your friend. Grabs too. I'm guessing you're having a lot of trouble with them rolling back then punishing - chase and grab, that'll show em.

If that doesn't work, get some range.
Yeah it's the aerial game that's letting me down I think. You're right though, I guess I'm playing into their hands a little and doing what I 'should' be doing, where I shouldn't let them read me so easily. That meaty spike sounds amazing too haha.

My grabs are okay, it's just the follow up from the grab that seems to be letting me down.

Thanks though! This was really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom