• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So let me see if I got them all.
Shovel Knight has been in/is going to be in:

-Hex Heroes

-Two Brothers

-ASDAD

-C-Wars

-Aegis Defenders

-Super World Karts

-Adventures of Pip

-Starr Mazer

-Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

-Runbow

-Road Redemption

-Armillo

-Cook, Serve, Delicious! Battle Kitchen Edition

Including his own game, that's 14 total games he's been in/going to be in unless I've missed any.

And here's two non-gaming cameos/guest roles:
-Story War (A card game)

-The Reward: Tales of Althrion (An episodic series; Shovel Knight is going to be in an episode)

EDIT: Found the episode he was in. He makes a very brief cameo.
And it's implied he was killed right after said cameo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

I mean from my history of lurking at the K. Rool support thread whenever something big happens, the only time I've seen such a thing (not related) was when someone said "K. Rool will get in because of me; you all support ****ty characters. If he does not get in, it will be because of you [supporting these ****ty characters.]"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

-Hex Heroes

-Two Brothers

-ASDAD

-C-Wars

-Aegis Defenders

-Super World Karts

-Adventures of Pip

-Starr Mazer

-Runbow

-Road Redemption

-Armillo

Including his own game, that's 13 total games he's been in/going to be in unless I've missed any.

-Story War (A card game)

-The Reward: Tales of Althrion (An episodic series; Shovel Knight is going to be in an episode)
*No pic or vid available*
That's...That's much more than I imagined...Butt Butt is truly THE indie icon

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Look, I'm not saying Shovel Knight isn't going to be in Smash or anything like that; I'm just saying that the leak might be slightly less credible, since for some reason they felt the need to point out the packaging today as "not the final packaging" when it turns out it was; it really has to make you second guess if they're legit if they feel the need to point out they know about the amiibo ahead of time and then get the info wrong. And just because certain people are endorsing that they think it might be legit, doesn't make it any more credible. There are some people here that staked their reputations on leaks they heard from "extremely credible sources" that ended up being false; so no offense meant to them, but forgive me if I don't exactly trust their endorsements on thinking Tama's intel is legit after seeing what happened in the leaks group after they endorsed other leaks.

Bottom line: I'd LOVE Shovel Knight in it, but I'm not willing to trust stuff right now. Especially after someone messes up something like that (which was pointless to mention anyway since it was wrong)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's...That's much more than I imagined...Butt Butt is truly THE indie icon
To be fair, multiple indie characters have had guest roles. Even in the same games as Shovel Knight.

But to my knowledge, Shovel Knight has the most.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, multiple indie characters have had guest roles. Even in the same games as Shovel Knight.

But to my knowledge, Shovel Knight has the most.
Considering how he's still very new, it proves how much of an icon he's become. I am buying the Wii U or 3DS physical release. Though to be fair, the megaton announcement being the amiibo is a bit dissapointing, especially as it only does co-op for the Wii U version

MainJPW

M.T.A
I mean from my history of lurking at the K. Rool support thread whenever something big happens, the only time I've seen such a thing (not related) was when someone said "K. Rool will get in because of me; you all support ****ty characters. If he does not get in, it will be because of you [supporting these ****ty characters.]"
We quickly shut that guy down. That was unacceptable.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i think the leak can go either way i'm 50/50 on it i'm leaning towards real but still think it could go either way.I guess will see in a couple months.All i want for DLC is fourside.Really if fourside comes back everything else will be icing on the cake

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Woah hey! Here's some alternate packaging designs! Maybe relevant? I dunno.

D

Deleted member

Considering how he's still very new, it proves how much of an icon he's become. I am buying the Wii U or 3DS physical release. Though to be fair, the megaton announcement being the amiibo is a bit dissapointing, especially as it only does co-op for the Wii U version
It also unlocks exclusive challenge stages and customizable gear for both Wii U and 3DS.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Woah hey! Here's some alternate packaging designs! Maybe relevant? I dunno.
It is actually relevant, but doesn't necessarily damage my case about Tama talking about the packaging being different, since again, they said GAME's packaging was the placeholder one.

Although I do concede it's possible someone saw concept art... but then you'd think they saw the multiple ideas for the packaging, and not try to push that they saw a final version of it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm still not entirely sold on the leak, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. The amiibo couldn't have come at a better time.

All I know is that the next couple of weeks are going to be rather interesting.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

-Hex Heroes

-Two Brothers

-ASDAD

-C-Wars

-Aegis Defenders

-Super World Karts

-Adventures of Pip

-Starr Mazer

-Runbow

-Road Redemption

-Armillo

Including his own game, that's 13 total games he's been in/going to be in unless I've missed any.

-Story War (A card game)

*No pic or vid available*
OMG.
I thought that Bloodstained art was fanart. It did know it was from a thing.
That's great.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's too much leaning towards something more boiling under the surface for me to right this off completely at the first sign of ''OH MY GOD FAKE!"

Honestly, Push and Neo are both people I've talked to many times on a one to one basis and if they believe there's something to this? So do I.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
There's too much leaning towards something more boiling under the surface for me to right this off completely at the first sign of ''OH MY GOD FAKE!"

Honestly, Push and Neo are both people I've talked to many times on a one to one basis and if they believe there's something to this? So do I.
Right. Like I said it is still possible, I just think the whole packaging thing hurts the credibility, since for some reason they felt the need to mention it. BUT Push and Neo are both claiming the amiibo doesn't relate to the leak (although if the amiibo and its packaging are mentioned I don't see how it's not related) so if that is somehow true, then yes, my argument doesn't really matter.

It's not DAMNING, lets just say it... leaves a bit of a dent in the credibility. That sound fair at least?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And a lot of the faults so far remind me of faults people said about the final parts of the base roster.

Strong flashbacks to people talking about Shulk being Little Mac in the ESRB leak, or how Doctor Mario could have just been an alternate for Mario the tester saw, as well as ''Koopalings don't make sense as they're not all the same size."

It really feels like that situation all over again at this moment in time for me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

And a lot of the faults so far remind me of faults people said about the final parts of the base roster.

Strong flashbacks to people talking about Shulk being Little Mac in the ESRB leak, or how Doctor Mario could have just been an alternate for Mario the tester saw, as well as ''Koopalings don't make sense as they're all the same size."

It really feels like that situation all over again at this moment in time for me.
There's no "real" evidence this time around though.

Soul.

I must be the only one who loved the ESRB leak's existence. Not because it "crushed" dreams, but because of it appearing near the release month of Smash 3DS.

...well maybe a bit of the former

This comes from someone that doesn't care about speculation at all.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Anyway, I have to finish up my work for the night and then go to bed.. this has been...... eventful? haha

Well the deadline for the ballot is only a month and a few days from now so... no matter what we'll be getting some info at least relatively soon. So no matter what happens, no matter who gets in, I'm sure it'll be rad.

Apologies if I ruffled any feathers by voicing my distrust of the leak. Again, I totally agree it's still possible, I'm just super iffy on it. People have made mistakes in the past with credible stuff so at this point I'm super iffy unless something legit is put in front of me; and we learned today that the amiibo is unfortunately not any kind of actual evidence for him in Smash, so we'll have to keep looking for that proof for the leak.

Hope everyone has a good night and I'll probably pop in tomorrow at least to say hi (and see if somehow new developments showed up). Night all!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There wasn't when it first came out either, and yet it was all real. The user pretty much told us everything we eventually saw in the footage from the ESRB.
I remember that, it was all in text before the ESRB pictures came out.

He mentioned a mario color that wasn't announced previously, how Bowser Jr. was riding in a clown car (with Koopalings being alts), Robin and also Lucina before they were announced.

There was heavy speculation, some even said there was no way. They were really wrong though, obviously.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
sooo i suppose adding another game to shovel knights long resume wont hurt huh

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, I think it's about time I went to bed. This has been a rather wild day.

Hopefully nothing happens by the time I wake up...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seeing SK's resume as an indie in such a short time?

Yeah, I can definitely see why Sakurai would lean towards him.

People were writing him off as just some indie character with his one game, but that's an impressive resume of guest appearances.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Right. Like I said it is still possible, I just think the whole packaging thing hurts the credibility, since for some reason they felt the need to mention it. BUT Push and Neo are both claiming the amiibo doesn't relate to the leak (although if the amiibo and its packaging are mentioned I don't see how it's not related) so if that is somehow true, then yes, my argument doesn't really matter.

It's not DAMNING, lets just say it... leaves a bit of a dent in the credibility. That sound fair at least?
From what I can tell, some of Tamas claims are assumptions mixed with fact. The information we discussed privately on Skype between us I still believe right now though. His odd claims are hurting his own credibility but I feel the private stuff we talked about is still as credible as before.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So to past the time, what do you think Shovel Knight's possible moveset be?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Seeing SK's resume as an indie in such a short time?

Yeah, I can definitely see why Sakurai would lean towards him.

People were writing him off as just some indie character with his one game, but that's an impressive resume of guest appearances.
He's got a lot of hype. SK was kind of the game that got people to look at videogame kickstarters, and they handled it really well and put out a really good product.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I just think after all of this maybe we shouldn't write off shovel knight or other indies just yet.We dont know what sakurai is planning for all we know the characters that wasn't likely may be the one who gets that roster spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom