• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What the **** is going on

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel like laughing.

If it was a Smash amiibo, the boxart would say so, and it doesnt.
This.

It's not a Smash amiibo. The image doesn't say anything about Smash.

Doesn't invalidate the hypothesis that he may appear in Smash, though.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tamaki's source could have been somewhat misinformed or misinterpreted something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess Butt Butt all depends on whether it's a smash amiibo or not.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero what does that whole GAMEUK line mean?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
....This essentially confirms Nintendo is publishing Shovel Knight in Japan.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It would make a ton of sense if Tamaki's sources (who he said were retailers) saw the Amiibo and assumed he was going to be in Smash Bros.

We can see that the Amiibo is not a Smash one.
And the timing of the Amiibo doesn't make sense considering we don't have any word on Ryu, Roy or Lucas Amiibo yet. Mewtwo is only coming out in October and he was released in April.

Or maybe I'm just deluding myself because I don't want a peasant 3rd Party character in Smash. It is at least unlikely that there's going to be two Shovel Knight Amiibo.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros

Ha! :4greninja: Greninja'd again, but I figured it'd be my Tama himself. :rotfl:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The amiibo means one thing
There is going to be amiibo usage in SK and in other games as well
It says in other YC games but they don't have any other games and they are still focusing on the SK DLC
Take that as you wish
I'm not saying he won't be in. I'm saying he shouldn't be in.
I don't think you can say who should be or shouldn't be in Smash :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna say what GamExplain said

"A Shovel Knight Amiibo is possible but it won't be related to Smash. There are tons of non-Smash amiibos"

Just saying, plus it's probably an exclusive one time deal.

But this also means that non-first party Amiibos are possible so we can possibly see a non-Smash related Sonic amiibo or some of other series like from Namco-Bandai, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom and even some indie ones like Shantae can get one for Half Genie Hero

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What a fine time I picked to go the store, as soon as things got interesting.

I don't know what to think anymore. Would that mean that Shovel Knight gets two amiibos if he's in? So many questions.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hmmm, if Shovel Knight is real, I will accept that we know nothing about speculation and that Sakurai is literally 100% unpredictable

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

....This essentially confirms Nintendo is publishing Shovel Knight in Japan.
I usually save this vid for games of Mafia with the bros, but in this case, I'll make an exception:

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, thanks to @IntelliHeath1 who just brought this up, but this doesn't neccessarillly mean he is in ssb.

There's no ssb background so it's not meant for ssb.

Meanign that the ssb render if any, WILl difer requiring a seciond amibo.

And no I really don't think the ssb render would look the same as the other one.

So, now this lead me to think.....

a second amibo?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so theres a fallacy going on that it HAS to be a smash amiibo for him to get smash dlc at no point is it said your amiibo needs to be in the smash series hell chibi robo can be in smash as dlc they already have his amiibo all they have to do is reprint

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
At this point I'm just going to sit back and watch the fireworks.

I legitimately can't predict where the hell this is going to end.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I guess Butt Butt all depends on whether it's a smash amiibo or not.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero what does that whole GAMEUK line mean?
Disregard that for now, merely my own musings.

And hardly. Let's think about Amiibo for a second. Everything is Nintendo owned and Exclusive (outside Sonic Pac and Mega, who have one because of Smash). YCG has ONE game and none announced to being made in the future. The fact it has an Amiibo PERIOD means Nintendo made and endorsed it. If it were JUST for Shovel Knight, I ask you what would be the point? Heck, how would YCG have even gotten it made. The fact SK has an amiibo period makes it the most special Amiibo period, as the currently known circumstances make no sense if it doesn't tie to a user in a Nintendo game, perhaps a cross over party brawler.

Plus as I said, this was a mock up image made by GAME to promote this thing existing and being sold. I have it on more good authority than just this Amiibo that this is legit after all, especially since Tama's source had nothing to do with the Amiibo, that was Nintendo Life's information.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I say please let this lead to a indie line of amiibo, and I think having indie amiibos could also really help get more indies behind Nintendo, cause amiibos are popular, and getting the indie games out there more, could make the indies want to work with Nintendo more, which would mean a more friendly business relationship between Nintendo and Indie devs.

My last bet was a joke fyi. And the one before that. :secretkpop:
Oh no, your not getting out this one, you are wearing that Mascara, and you will FABULOUS about it

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Don't know how this changes anything.I mean he can still be in smash even if he has an amiibo(hence toad).If anything this changes of getting in

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

Yep, now I really think it's serious.

Sure, there's no ssb background, but they could add the compatibility anyway.....
The most fitting reaction from you. I couldn't expect less :p

Still, I'm actually pretty excited. I really like Shovel Knight, so I'm curious as to what his amiibo will do. I hope this improves his chances for Smash, though--and I gotta say, this is looking likely now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Smash Bros. Unity called it. :troll:

EDIT: I just realized I had actually talked with Yacht Club Games a while back about Shovel Knight being in Unity with their permission, so I can pull that up if needed, since Unity's kind of dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom