• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Today has to be the most anti-climatic odd day for news in a while.

'"I know the next Smash character."
''Wait, I think I know the next Smash character. Also Shrek >>>>>> K. Rool."

''Uhhh, Bill? You got anything we can post for Smash?"
''Just tell them about Ryu again then delete it."
You know what makes it worse.
The fact we knew about Royucas since April.
So this is some seriously old news for us.
Mind you anything to keep Bill from being fired again. :chuckle: You can't really go wrong with Ryu right now.

Maybe Ryu and Roy were actually supposed to be revealed today.
But, you know, leaks.
Sakurai is a Leaker confirmed.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
"Uhhh, Bill? You got anything we can post for Smash?"
Well, he is the trintroll after all

Last edited:

Chrono.

'"I know the next Smash character."
''Wait, I think I know the next Smash character. Also Shrek >>>>>> K. Rool."

''Uhhh, Bill? You got anything we can post for Smash?"
And on the other side of things you got the MGS crowd going wild with leaks.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Maybe Ryu and Roy were actually supposed to be revealed today.

But, you know, leaks.
Not sure if you are serious or not. I'm just going to respond as if it wasn't serious in case other people believe this.

The video was uploaded a long time ago that is used in this tweet.

The original reveal (New Content Approaching) had to be finished before the data mining leaks from RTB, as the videos were translated. PoTD had to be done weeks before and that's a lot less effort. Not to mention I can't see coordinating market stuff (Images for eshop, server, etc) for multiple regions being finished in a couple of days.
It took over 100 hours of gameplay for a 10 second clip in a commercial to make Sakurai haply.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mains;

64: Mario, Fox
Melee: Ganondorf, Bowser
Brawl: Ganondorf, Wolf
Smash For: Ganondorf, Link, Palutena, Dr. Mario (working with Samus, but not maining her. I may start working with Ike. I seem to work well with him. Bowser Jr.(in Wendy form) is very easy for me to use)

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Not sure if you are serious or not. I'm just going to respond as if it wasn't serious in case other people believe this.

The video was uploaded a long time ago that is used in this tweet.

The original reveal (New Content Approaching) had to be finished before the data mining leaks from RTB, as the videos were translated. PoTD had to be done weeks before and that's a lot less effort. Not to mention I can't see coordinating market stuff (Images for eshop, server, etc) for multiple regions being finished in a couple of days.
It took over 100 hours of gameplay for a 10 second clip in a commercial to make Sakurai haply.
Definitely wasn't serious. :p

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Here's something new to discuss.

1. Would you be excited about a Level-5 crossover game?

2. If so what genre would you want it to be?

3. What Level-5 characters would you add in the game?
Sorry for being super late to reply to this, but if there were a Level-5 crossover, I think its roster might look something like the L5 Heroes team in Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy:
  • Professor Layton (Professor Layton
  • Luke Triton (Professor Layton)
  • Emmy Altava (Professor Layton)
  • Keita Amano (Youkai Watch)
  • Fumika Kodama (Youkai Watch)
  • Ban Yamano (Danball Senki)
  • Hiro Oozora (Danball Senki)
  • Arata Sena (Danball Senki Wars)
  • Mamoru Endou (Inazuma Eleven)
  • Shuuya Gouenji (Inazuma Eleven)
  • Yuuto Kidou (Inazuma Eleven)
  • Tenma Matsukaze (Inazuma Eleven Go)
  • Takuto Shindou (Inazuma Eleven Go)
  • Kyousuke Tsurugi (Inazuma Eleven Go)
  • Fei Rune (Inazuma Eleven Go)
  • Hayato Matatagi (Inazuma Eleven Go)
I don't know if Matatagi or Fei would be considered notable enough to be part of a crossover, especially if Level-5 didn't want to overload the game with Inazuma Eleven stuff. I could see Kinako making it though, since she seems to have a significant fanbase and would increase the number of female characters in the game.

I think it'd also make a lot of sense to have more Youkai Watch characters considering how popular that series is in Japan, so Jibanyan would probably be a given among others. I'd also expect some more Professor Layton people since that's one of the most well-known Level-5 series out there. As for other characters, maybe someone from Dark Cloud 1/2 (Max and Monica maybe) or White Knight Chronicles or something. I don't really know. I admit that my knowledge of Level-5 is pretty limited outside of Inazuma Eleven, haha. What Level-5 characters would you want in the game?

I'm not sure what genre would work best for a Level-5 crossover, but I would be excited about it, since I'm a fan of Inazuma Eleven and think it would be neat to see IA characters interact with characters from other Level-5 series (outside of the Danball Senki/Inazuma Eleven Go crossover that happened a while back).

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i know i'm late to this but i am excited that pokken tournament is coming to the wiiu. just wish they could add some more pokemon. maybe DLC will be available for it later on?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Hey guys, quick question. So my college might make me do a recital next semester for my singing but most likely next year. If I live stream the event (mainly for family/friends who can't make it) would you guys watch it? I would like a large turn out at my recital but the stream would be the next best option.

Anyways
64::mario64::fox64:
Melee::ganondorfmelee::drmario:
Brawl::snake::wario::wolf:
WiiU/3DS::4ryu::4drmario::4wario2::4bowser::4duckhunt:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys, quick question. So my college might make me do a recital next semester for my singing but most likely next year. If I live stream the event (mainly for family/friends who can't make it) would you guys watch it? I would like a large turn out at my recital but the stream would be the next best option.

Anyways
64::mario64::fox64:
Melee::ganondorfmelee::drmario:
Brawl::snake::wario::wolf:
WiiU/3DS::4ryu::4drmario::4wario2::4bowser::4duckhunt:
Yeah, I'd be down. I always like a good song. Especially a good anime song/english dub (not a lot of good English dubs)

Anyways, muh mains:
64: :link64::falcon64:
Melee: :marthmelee::roymelee:
Brawl: :marth:(I've gotten the sickest kills as Marth. I once killed a guy who still had his respawn invincibility with him.):ness2::ivysaur:
Wii U/3DS: :4feroy::4marth::4robinm::4shulk::4miibrawl::4littlemac:

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
64: :ness64::mario64: forever. Playing these two in this game feels perfect.
Melee: :drmario: I'm total garbage at it, though, especially now.
Brawl: :mario2::ness2:? No idea, haven't played vanilla Brawl but for about three hours since 2011.
P:M: :mario2::luigi2:with a bit of:lucas::squirtle:, haven't played it since Smash 4 Wii U came out, though.
Sm4sh: Mostly :4mario::4luigi:; I mess around with :4feroy::4lucas::4pacman::4pikachu::4miibrawl: a fair bit. I could see Roy joining the ranks eventually.

I haven't done any homebrew-esque stuff for my 3DS, and I don't imagine I will while the system's still receiving regular patches; nothing seems to have stuck nearly as long as a lot of the Wii exploits had by the time I got them. I have messed around with a few Pokémon generators (PKHex, whatever the Shiny Value thing ~Dec 2013 was) that didn't require softmodding / specific apps, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gamexplain said Nintendo had announcements for PAX.

Wonder what they are.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Wait? Weren't you the Ness at the beginning of the leaks tournament (the one before @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's) I was in 1v1 matches with? I beat you like it was nothing...
I love me some smack talk. :troll:
Eh, I sorta moved on from Ness for now. I'll play as him again one day.

Nobody can beat the Star Fox Zero hype, though.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
20 minutes of Woolly World and 30 of Mario Maker.
Another #LetsSuperMario contest.
I know this is going to sound really negative, but whatever they announce will likely turn out to be very disappointing. The fact that it's on the bottom of their press release doesn't make me think they're showing anything big at all, but believe me, I want to be wrong here.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd be happy if the announcement was Mario Temnis info tbh. I don't need much. The game is out so soon yet we hardly know anything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just dropping in after reading all this chaos. Anyway
For those interested, I was at Universal today. It seems the Nintendo stuff is being built in secret or it hasn't started yet. I went through the entire park, no signs of anything yet. However, they seem to be able to build rides fast, so let's see where this goes.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay, I'm gonna get flamed up the butt for this, but what if Nintendo is using PAX to reveal what they would've revealed in a Nintendo Direct if Iwata hadn't died?

Still don't expect much. I'm personally hoping for some Fates info. A demo would be super cool too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, help.
In 1 hour I'm going to be old enough to drink.
Yet I'm sitting in my underwear playing Mario World.
What am I? A kid? A squid? Or an Adult?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys, help.
In 1 hour I'm going to be old enough to drink.
Yet I'm sitting in my underwear playing Mario World.
What am I? A kid? A squid? Or an Adult?
An Man child.

That's what that would be called. But that's besides the point cuz you should do what you wanna do, play games at any age point.

Oh, and Happy Early Birthday to you.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/YuNZrXlSJVt4qM0oupQhqA4bLcslH6XE

Read the bottom. It mentions announcements.

... Don't get hype yet.
I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of a release date Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. Something small that will excite fans at the event, but nothing that will cause crashboards

Just dropping in after reading all this chaos. Anyway
For those interested, I was at Universal today. It seems the Nintendo stuff is being built in secret or it hasn't started yet. I went through the entire park, no signs of anything yet. However, they seem to be able to build rides fast, so let's see where this goes.
If you thought you could find plans for the Nintendo attractions, you were being foolish. Since if you found anything the Nitendo Ninjas would've gotten you, and we would probably never hear from you again, especially since Reggie would probably do what he did the leaker to you.:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom