• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm aware it was a joke, I was just commenting on why they'd leave out someone like Geno, who, for better or worse, has been a constant force in the Smash community since 2007.
Fair enough. I'll be the first to admit that I'd love for Geno to get in Smash, probably even a top pick, but I'm not about to claim his chances, since I think you've pretty much summed them up perfectly.

Yeeep, waste of time.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look I'll be honest I see zilch coming out of this. Oh sure he's done things, but I highly doubt he has any info on Smash.

Edit: Oh, it was fake? Oh gee what a surprise.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Fair enough. I'll be the first to admit that I'd love for Geno to get in Smash, probably even a top pick, vut I'm not about to claim his chances, since I think you've pretty much summed them up perfectly.

Yeeep, waste of time.
Not sure why people are discounting him now but not before. I never really thought he knew anything, but him messing around on twitter doesn't mean he doesn't have legit info he is trying to verify.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Not sure why people are discounting him now but not before. I never really thought he knew anything, but him messing around on twitter doesn't mean he doesn't have legit info he is trying to verify.
I said it was a joke after the first tweet. I don't know why people assumed it was true.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll believe him when he actually shows the evidence, right now he's just stringing along people for his own enjoyment and I see no reason to pay attention to him until he quits playing around and just get to the point.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't even know why he's waiting until the end of the week to give us his prediction anyways.

Like, it's bad enough that he trolled people.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well I'm not about to say he's invoking confidence. He knows full well he has people's attention.
But a fair point regardless.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll believe him when he actually shows the evidence, right now he's just stringing along people for his own enjoyment and I see no reason to pay attention to him until he quits playing around and just get to the point.
To his defense, he's playing the Pied Piper really damn well. He's even got strings to pull on a silver platter.

Chrono.

He's kind of a jerk, yeah, but I'd still like to hear his thoughts on the ballot.

Just cause.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys.

Sal has a better track record than this guy.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. This is getting annoying, which is why he gets the reputation he has. Hyping people for know reason whatsoever just for his personal enjoyment. I'm going to keep my eye on this, but this is just absolute trolling.

Khoru

Smash Champion
In some MGSV related "news"
More stuff keeps popping up and people are getting MAD.

I won't be surprised if this ends up with the likes of MGS2 and ME3 level of infamy after it comes out.
On Tamaki, I hope he feels better soon, though he better hope whatever he plans on leaking is actually legit.
it's kind of hilarious imo
i really liked the story of mgs2 though, and i think this kind of thing isn't exactly out-of-character for mgs

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Piece of advice for everyone who follows industry insiders and leakers, as well as Historian archivers:

Don't ever believe them until its 100% confirmed true, cause there is a lot of factors that go into things like this

Those being:
  • Personal biases
  • Sources not being reliable
  • Them mixing their sources together
  • Them misremembering details they've been told
  • Company higher ups straight up telling some employees to leak false info
  • And them coming to the wrong conclusions themselves
So really like with this guy, never belief them, and always take the stance that they might be wrong. Just thought I'd say it, even though I'm sure most of us know this already.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've never heard of the guy till recently, exactly what makes his track record so terrible?
1. Stated the NX was weaker than the PS4. Third Party response and ports of PS4 to the NX beg to differ.
2. Said Devil's Third wouldn't be published by Nintendo do in NA. That was wrong.

Only things he got right that I know of are...
1. Leaked the Hyrule Warriors Legends even though anyone with Internet know how could.
2. Has neat info on the development of games that have already come out.

Chrono.

Speaking of MGSV

I laughed a bit too much.

But in all seriousness I didn't mind the twists, but it IS really fun seeing people over FAQs and GAF having meltdowns over them

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I was curious and decided to read the reactions to MGSV.

It's a sight to behold, I'll tell you that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
1. Stated the NX was weaker than the PS4. Third Party response and ports of PS4 to the NX beg to differ.
2. Said Devil's Third wouldn't be published by Nintendo do in NA. That was wrong.

Only things he got right that I know of are...
1. Leaked the Hyrule Warriors Legends even though anyone with Internet know how could.
2. Has neat info on the development of games that have already come out.
1. We still don't know the power of the NX. That ruling isn't out.
2. He argues that Nintendo did a 180 on this. Uses E3 as proof.

3. If "anyone with Internet could" then why didn't they? He was obviously tipped off in some way about the trailer being online.
4. Has a lot of information. He recently revealed new information about Rayman 4 a
Project Hammer and a Metroid prototype. You get that by talking with Devs.

Piece of advice for everyone who follows industry insiders and leakers, as well as Historian archivers:

Don't ever believe them until its 100% confirmed true, cause there is a lot of factors that go into things like this

Those being:
  • Personal biases
  • Sources not being reliable
  • Them mixing their sources together
  • Them misremembering details they've been told
  • Company higher ups straight up telling some employees to leak false info
  • And them coming to the wrong conclusions themselves
So really like with this guy, never belief them, and always take the stance that they might be wrong. Just thought I'd say it, even though I'm sure most of us know this already.
This. 100% agree. Something I keep in mind when I talk with "leakers". If you buy into the fake hype you lost.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was curious and decided to read the reactions to MGSV.

It's a sight to behold, I'll tell you that.
Speaking of MGSV

I laughed a bit too much.

But in all seriousness I didn't mind the twists, but it IS really fun seeing people over FAQs and GAF having meltdowns over them
What happen, spoil me I really don't care. Or atleast send me a link for it

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Something seems odd about Tamaki. Why would he drum up hype just to have it go to nothing. Maybe it's my malfunctioning instinct, but I feel like he knows at least something legit. Plus, he was essentially messing with people's emotions which is kind of wrong if he was doing it for fun.

I'm going to sit here and wait for the time being. I want to see what happens with this.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The same people make fake leaks. Same reason people announce "a huge surprise soon!" and then it's nothing.

Attention and lots of it.

:p
:troll:
Yeah, I forgot the aspect about fake leaks when typing that up. The hype just gets the best of us I guess.
I'm still gonna' wait and see tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom