• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's actually very interesting, I wonder what other characters he did?
It may explain why leaks like Gematsu may have had fake information along with facts.

Insiders may have deliberate false information told to them to avoid fully legitimate leaks.

Last edited:

Chrono.

...So who is that, exactly?
Tamaki from Unseen 64, he's usually a very very reliable source, but he's not infallible (see: the whole Devil's Third being dropped for NA thing).

Take everything with a grain of salt as usual.

I don't really buy it myself.

Also it's interesting that this pops up at the same as @ Frostwraith Frostwraith points out that Nintendo deliberately gave out fake info and red herrings. Whatever Tamaki's sources are, they could be liars or mislead (which has happened before)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not sure how a Rhythm Heaven rep couldn't be DLC- it's a huge series in Japan. And it's first party.
I think they're going to want to stick to big names and able sellers as DLC. Which means bigger names. When the Chorus Men were on the 2nd Gematsu list, hardly anyone even knew who they were. And this is the hardcore Smash community, the one that knew all about super niche Xenoblade. Rhythm Heaven may be big in Japan, but there are two other regions that have little idea about what Rhythm Heaven is. And because DLC is sold piecemeal they cannot release a character that only 1/3rd of their market has heard of, but that doesn't matter if they're on disc characters as you buy the full game, not part of it.

Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy were already Smash characters, therefore already immortalised. Neither Roy or Lucas would have ever been big enough to be DLC characters without having previously been in Smash (remember that Smash within itself is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises). Mewtwo was pretty much the most requested character the world over and Ryu is freaking Ryu. There's not a gamer alive who doesn't know who Ryu is.

Mario Kart DLC is also a prime example of this. They released Mario, Peach and Bowser as the Mario DLC characters over characters like Birdo, Dry Bones or Boo.

This is why I think well known characters are the most likely newcomers (and possibly why K. Rool has probably been passed up). Inklings, Rayman, Paper Mario, Waddle Dee and Dixie Kong are probably the 5 most safe selling newcomers they could pull out right now. As well as a few other key 3rd Party's.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen_43HXOd4

Stumbled across this interview with Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash 3DS/Wii U. Pay close attention to the question at 17:42.

Basically, Xander says he didn't know the full roster of the game because the script had red herrings, as in, characters he had to announce their names, but weren't in the game. He didn't believe Duck Hunt was meant to be an actual character.

The producers did so to avoid full roster leaks.

@PushDustIn This will definitely interest you.
9:24 Best Announcer line ever.
Like Wow :luigimelee:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@PushDustIn and I had a big conversation about this this morning. I could have sworn it was posted here before, but I guess not.

Just for the record, I don't find Tamaki to be reliable over all, but Push does.
Kinda glad that Spazzy is on the same page as me. The NX and Devil's Third situation was made untrustworthy of this guy. Unless there's some data mining, I'm not gonna take this seriously unless there's some evidence.

domokl

Smash Lord
Is it time to hype? We haven't done that in some time. Been long since we had something to hype over. Then again the info may just be fake or dissapointing anyways.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
His info is pointing at the character being revealed in October, which wouldn't really prove anything anyway.

domokl

Smash Lord
He implies he knows who the charachter is so I'm assuming that's what he will reveal soon. Wouldn't make sense if he said he was going to say something and then didn't.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yo~ ;3

I'm gonna get it and make a 1:1 replica of the first stage in Kid Icarus.

It will be a labour of blood and tears.

My Pit amiibo needs the exercise.

Floor ice-cream and divine nectar has made him dull and doughy, I tell ya!
Sounds cool. If only I had Pit's amiibo. I have Palutena, but not pit.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The hype is strong in this one. I want to get hype really badly, but I don't want be disappointed. SAVE ME FROM THIS CURSE.

domokl

Smash Lord
Well he said there will always be salt so I don't think he was implying the charachter would make people extra salty. It certainly could but we won't know until he acutally reveals said charachter. Btw how many things has this guy gotten wrong?

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for the "winner" to be a Mario/Pokemon/Fire Emblem character and everyone in this thread to go on a rampage
Now excuse me as I go watch JoJo

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I think they're going to want to stick to big names and able sellers as DLC. Which means bigger names. When the Chorus Men were on the 2nd Gematsu list, hardly anyone even knew who they were. And this is the hardcore Smash community, the one that knew all about super niche Xenoblade. Rhythm Heaven may be big in Japan, but there are two other regions that have little idea about what Rhythm Heaven is. And because DLC is sold piecemeal they cannot release a character that only 1/3rd of their market has heard of, but that doesn't matter if they're on disc characters as you buy the full game, not part of it.

Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy were already Smash characters, therefore already immortalised. Neither Roy or Lucas would have ever been big enough to be DLC characters without having previously been in Smash (remember that Smash within itself is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises). Mewtwo was pretty much the most requested character the world over and Ryu is freaking Ryu. There's not a gamer alive who doesn't know who Ryu is.

Mario Kart DLC is also a prime example of this. They released Mario, Peach and Bowser as the Mario DLC characters over characters like Birdo, Dry Bones or Boo.

This is why I think well known characters are the most likely newcomers (and possibly why K. Rool has probably been passed up). Inklings, Rayman, Paper Mario, Waddle Dee and Dixie Kong are probably the 5 most safe selling newcomers they could pull out right now. As well as a few other key 3rd Party's.
Mario Kart 8 had Link, Villager and Isabelle for DLC as well, so please note that. Also do try to remember that when it comes to DLC for racing games, the most people want for racing game DLC is tracks, cause the tracks are want get the most work in racing games like Mario Kart.

So you can't really compare Mario Kart DLC characters to Smash DLC characters, since fighting games fighters are what people expect for DLC.

Chrono.

There's no "leak" yet though.

Tamaki just claims he knows something, but he appears to be keeping a tight lid on it.

Just saying you know something doesn't mean crap if you don't say what it is.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Man I will be sorry for nintendo if this turns out to be true info. They just can't stop the leaking.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Also from the Star Fox Zero cover art. When will we get more info on this as well?
Is it just me or is that an eye patch.

Man I will be sorry for nintendo if this turns out to be true info. They just can't stop the leaking.
It's all Mario's fault. He's a plumber and if he wasn't off playing Tennis and working as construction man.
There would be no leaks :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom