• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I figured you were around my age up until now. lol

I think it's just because I am so used to mods being older than me in general.

Also your avatar is amazing.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What's the significance of that youtube thing?

Also, Brave is my favorite non-Toy Story related Pixar film. Between that and Inside Out, they've been knocking it out the park recently.

Aside from the Cars films their weakest films have been Ratatouie and Up IMO.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait...

Just how old did you people think I was?
25-27. To be fair, you're very mature for your age. Especially in this day, 2 ****heads we call 'teenagers' got the trolley that's meant for 4 year olds and had a 5 minute argument with my manager about how they should be able to use it. I heard the screaming from the other side of the store. It's a pretty big store

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait...

Just how old did you people think I was?
24. I'm a year older than you.

People should just put their gender and age so less confusion.

Because I still believe that 4 people here are 17-18 years old and mature for their age and 6 people are girls

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I usually have this impression of moderators being in their mid twenties for some reason.... (Which is silly since I was a moderator myself at some point but yah.....)

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I don't ****ing believe it.

So when my parents asked for a birthday list, I thought I'd be nice.

I gave them a big list with estimate prices and various silly comments here and there. The big list was to give them a lot of options and the comments and prices were to help them.

I put a lot of things there, even a box of hot pockets, cuz damn I want hot pockets.

A couple of days before they told me that they had only one gift and that since I was getting older and that eventually gifts need to tone down. Understandable, we were having money issues anyways and I have more than enough already.
They...

They went overboard with their gifts.

I got:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I PUT THE PS4 as a joke! Even a comment saying "This is expensive, I don't expect you to get this, this is this years joke item." I normally put a joke item that's absurdly expensive to make my parents chuckle, but they actually got it.

I'm just astounded that they payed this much money for me (and I get dinner at my favorite restaurant later too). I don't understand.

They said it was because they couldn't have made it financially without me helping with work and.... that's admittedly true but still....

I love you Mom and Dad!
Awesome, good for you! Your parents wouldn't have been so generous if you didn't deserve it. Congratulations, it sounds like you're a fantastic son!

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
HAHA YOU'RE SEVEN.

Actually, that's good, Seven is a badass. On the other hand, get used to being a woman
Nope 12 and counting :) I'm 13 this November! Also I'm a guy..... Can any admin change my birthdate? When I was first creating this account, no matter what age I put, it wouldn't let me :(

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Back from vacations. Seems like I didn't miss much, did I?

I'm late on this but hope you have a good birthday, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . Also, you're one year younger than me. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thank you for the compliments everyone. It means a lot.

As for those who thought I was much older than I was, I've had that all my life.

For example, I was in my senior year of high school and that day was some special event. I can't remember what it was. Regardless, it required that I wore nice dress clothes.

Looked pretty good if I say so myself.

Then these two sophomores randomly come up with me and start flirting with me. They're flipping their hair. They're showing all the signs.

In my head, I was like, "Oh my gosh It's finally happening! I'm popular!"

Then they asked what class I taught.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nope 12 and counting :) I'm 13 this November! Also I'm a guy..... Can any admin change my birthdate? When I was first creating this account, no matter what age I put, it wouldn't let me :(
That's because they kinda have an age restriction going on and you aren't really allowed to join until you reach a certain age (usually 13)....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How old are you irregardless?
HMMMM.
MY AGE - 10 IS SEVE IF MY JOKE IS ANY INDICATION. MY PROFILE CAN BE CLICKED ON FOR MY AGE.
I'm 3 months old, Regi's going to jail
As for those who thought I was much older than I was, I've had that all my life.

For example, I was in my senior year of high school and that day was some special event. I can't remember what it was. Regardless, it required that I wore nice dress clothes.

Looked pretty good if I say so myself.

Then these two sophomores randomly come up with me and start flirting with me. They're flipping their hair. They're showing all the signs.

In my head, I was like, "Oh my gosh It's finally happening! I'm popular!"

Then they asked what class I taught.
I had something similar. I had a group of girls asking my number. Not only was a Les Yay orgy too good to be true for a 15 year old back then but I didn't have a phone then. Can we call your teacher stuff AgeBlock?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So I decided to look up the prices of Swamp's gifts and see how much it totaled to. Prices from Amazon:
FE:RD - $84.50
RHF - $19.37
CT:TT - $39.99
USFIV: $39.99
PS4: $399.99

Total: $583.84

That's almost $100 more than the initial release of the PS3. You've a very lucky man Swamp lol.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Fun fact. Western FE fans despise Roy in FE. He does chip damage at best, doesn't double anything, can't take a hit, has garbage growths making it likely for the RNG to screw you over and only promotes on the last chapters of the game or outright the last one. Only 3-4 units are worse than Roy in his game, the only good thing about it is the Sword of Seals, easily one of the strongest weapons which also has 2 range, and even then, Falchion and Ragnell's bonus effects make it better than the Sword of Seals
But I like Roy as a character

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had something similar. I had a group of girls asking my number. Not only was a Les Yay orgy too good to be true for a 15 year old back then but I didn't have a phone then. Can we call your teacher stuff AgeBlock?
WTF?

So I decided to look up the prices of Swamp's gifts and see how much it totaled to. Prices from Amazon:
RHF - $19.37

That's almost $100 more than the initial release of the PS3. You've a very lucky man Swamp lol.
Great. Now I have guilt.

My dad did say he got Radiant Dawn for a good price though.

Never told me what that was though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
RHF - $19.37

...That's more than my monthly wages...Dear god, I AM poor!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just imagine how weird it would be if we all meet up in person. The age difference would be staggering XD.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom