• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
>.>
<.<

I have... Every amiibo so far...

I don't have a problem, no sir.

Chrono.

Fun fact. Western FE fans despise Roy in FE. He does chip damage at best, doesn't double anything, can't take a hit, has garbage growths making it likely for the RNG to screw you over and only promotes on the last chapters of the game or outright the last one. Only 3-4 units are worse than Roy in his game, the only good thing about it is the Sword of Seals, easily one of the strongest weapons which also has 2 range, and even then, Falchion and Ragnell's bonus effects make it better than the Sword of Seals
Let's be fair here, Roy's popularity has always eclipsed his hatedom, you can thank Melee for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>.>
<.<

I have... Every amiibo so far...

I don't have a problem, no sir.
You do have a problem. YOU DIDN'T GIVE THEM TO MEEEEE D:
In all seriousness, I only want Marth and Shulk. I do have Link though and a friend wants Falco. No stores even have him for preorder and my country's equivalent to ebay, which has tons of amiibo for decent prices, doesn't have him either

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's be fair here, Roy's popularity has always eclipsed his hatedom, you can thank Melee for that.
You can thank Smash for a lot of things.

I don't think most people would care about :4ness::4lucas: without playing their respective games and loving their movesets

Same with :4falcon:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We will end up making the thread weird(more than it already) is if I answer that
weird is good tho~
I'm not denying that. Smash is pretty much the only reason people like Roy. However, as an FE fan, I wanted to point something out

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I don't get how custom music would work, if the Super Spice Bros song was added, how would it loop? Would it go back to the beginning of the song? My OCD is killing me :urg:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Weird is fine, just not when it comes to certain things because they more often than feels awkward and not that comfortable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't ****ing believe it.

So when my parents asked for a birthday list, I thought I'd be nice.

I gave them a big list with estimate prices and various silly comments here and there. The big list was to give them a lot of options and the comments and prices were to help them.

I put a lot of things there, even a box of hot pockets, cuz damn I want hot pockets.

A couple of days before they told me that they had only one gift and that since I was getting older and that eventually gifts need to tone down. Understandable, we were having money issues anyways and I have more than enough already.
They...

They went overboard with their gifts.

I got:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I PUT THE PS4 as a joke! Even a comment saying "This is expensive, I don't expect you to get this, this is this years joke item." I normally put a joke item that's absurdly expensive to make my parents chuckle, but they actually got it.

I'm just astounded that they payed this much money for me (and I get dinner at my favorite restaurant later too). I don't understand.

They said it was because they couldn't have made it financially without me helping with work and.... that's admittedly true but still....

I love you Mom and Dad!

D

Deleted member

Weird is fine, just not when it comes to certain things because they more often than feels awkward and not that comfortable.
Specially when said weird is about sex with a fictional character

I gave them a big list with estimate prices and various silly comments here and there. The big list was to give them a lot of options and the comments and prices were to help them.

I put a lot of things there, even a box of hot pockets, cuz damn I want hot pockets.

A couple of days before they told me that they had only one gift and that since I was getting older and that eventually gifts need to tone down. Understandable, we were having money issues anyways and I have more than enough already.
They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I PUT THE PS4 as a joke! Even a comment saying "This is expensive, I don't expect you to get this, this is this years joke item." I normally put a joke item that's absurdly expensive to make my parents chuckle, but they actually got it.

I'm just astounded that they payed this much money for me (and I get dinner at my favorite restaurant later too). I don't understand.

They said it was because they couldn't have made it financially without me helping with work and.... that's admittedly true but still....

I love you Mom and Dad!
I'm more surprised they actually bought you Radiant Dawn.
What a spoiled brat you are

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
N-No U...
Yes me!

er...wait...!

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
Rhythm Heaven Fever <3

I got a N3DSXL from my brother and dad and Majora's Mask 3D from my other brother for my Birthday.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
O.O I...I...I...Holy ****...
Today's lesson is always be nice to your parents and be nice in general. Hell, my mother actually tried to get a physical copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy and considering how my outcome is very low, I wanted to hug her to death for that. Swamp. Go to your parents and hug them about 5 more times

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
I thought this was going to go the other way. . .

Parents. what can you do. Oh and this part
I love you Mom and Dad!
please tell me you told THEM this too and not just us.

can I borrow your stuff now that you have other stuff?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the youtube app is being exploited....
Oh boy....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought this was going to go the other way. . .

Parents. what can you do. Oh and this part

please tell me you told THEM this too and not just us.

can I borrow your stuff now that you have other stuff?
Oh that was one of the first things out of my mouth.

And sure. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
Now you have more games for your twitter feed!
:troll:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're 21 now. Be honest... Did you have a beer?
Not yet.

I've had Peach Wine a while back and Scotch (Never again) but never beer.

I got offered Sake the restaurant I'm going to by the owner though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
Any games for the PS4 or do you need recommendations?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh you're 21 Swamp? For some reason I was under the impression you where older than me.... ^^

Anyway, happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday today. Happy birthday to you. ^^

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not yet.

I've had Peach Wine a while back and Scotch (Never again) but never beer.

I got offered Sake the restaurant I'm going to by the owner though.
Christ, 3 things, 2 of which are strong in 1 day? Have a nice hangover :p Though as it's a celebration, I guess there are always exceptions. Personally, I'll never drink, not even when I was still allowed before Dutch law changed it from 16 to 18

OOOHHH THE PS4 ISN'T BACKWARDS FOR PS3 GAMESSSSS

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I have literally nothing.

Not even PS1,PS2 and PS3 games.

It's backwards comparable right?
Nope. You need PS Now to play old games and you have to pay for each game, even if you own it already. They're also streamed so they have awful quality.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
Radiant Dawn AND a PS4.

Good Lord.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Christ, 3 things, 2 of which are strong in 1 day? Have a nice hangover :p Though as it's a celebration, I guess there are always exceptions. Personally, I'll never drink, not even when I was still allowed before Dutch law changed it from 16 to 18
Lol. I didn't drink anything today.

I meant in the past.

Nope. You need PS Now to play old games and you have to pay for each game, even if you own it already. They're also streamed so they have awful quality.
That's... really really stupid.

Can I buy them digitally?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

They...

I got:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ultra Street Fighter 4

A ****ING PLAYSTATION 4!

I love you Mom and Dad!
Wow, dude. Congratulations!

D

Deleted member

It's backwards comparable right?
Nope. Sony expects you to use their "PS Now" service to stream old PS1/2/3 games.

To be fair, though, conventional PS3 compatibility is easier said than done.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

Just how old did you people think I was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom