• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always wanted Jill if there's ever a choice for a RE rep. But moreso RE1 since it's her most famous look on her.

RE3 is little riskay and I never liked the look for her in a Zombie invasion and RE5 made her look too much like Nina Williams and :4zss:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like Jill a lot, I just don't think she's as Nintendo relevant as Leon is and this is a Nintendo cross over after all. RE2 broke all time video game sales records, and RE4 was one of the best selling GC games. It left a influence and legacy in its wake.
RE6 was such a chore to me I didn't attempt the Ada stuff lol.
Well, Resident Evil characters have similar skills and weapons so a Jill/Leon alt scenario is possible.
(define "possible"...)

Ada's campaign in RE6 is the best part. Her scenario's mostly puzzle-oriented, she's surprisingly less annoying than the other protagonists and she uses a damn crossbow.

I can only see three ways around it, none of them optimal.

Use Nemisis, Rocket launchers are ok but IF Ridley was too big them what will we do with this one?
Use Wesker in his teleporty Resi 5 form and lose the handgun.
Use Chris and boulder punch them.
Chris would be redundant. We have Charizard.
I'd actually play Wesker in Smash because he'd basically be a fast Ganondorf. Wesker is my all-time favorite RE character too, so that helps. (in fact, I'd argue he's the overarching main character of the series)
However, he would be a bit bland.

Nemesis's size isn't what would make him bad for Smash. It's...well, look at him:

Rated E for Everyone.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, Resident Evil characters have similar skills and weapons so a Jill/Leon alt scenario is possible.
(define "possible"...)

Ada's campaign in RE6 is the best part. Her scenario's mostly puzzle-oriented, she's surprisingly less annoying than the other protagonists and she uses a damn crossbow.

Chris would be redundant. We have Charizard.
I'd actually play Wesker in Smash because he'd basically be a fast Ganondorf. Wesker is my all-time favorite RE character too, so that helps. (in fact, I'd argue he's the overarching main character of the series)
However, he would be a bit bland.

Nemesis's size isn't what would make him bad for Smash. It's...well, look at him:

Rated E for Everyone.
I hate alts :p.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ask Superstar Saga's credits
I just bought an American product. Marhmallow fluff. No wonder the US has high obesity rates, that stuff is ****ing amazing
Funny thing, Mexico beat us out as the most obese country in the world.

i'm not asking this in a negative way or anything, but isn't smt about as big as tales in sales and popularity? it at least has a clear-cut mascot, but
Yes that's true but SMT is a sub series of the MegaTen franchise which while it seems small it holds SMT, DDS, Raidou games, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and the most popular one; Persona. It's much bigger than you believe.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny thing, Mexico beat us out as the most obese country in the world.

Yes that's true but SMT is a sub series of the MegaTen franchise which while it seems small it holds SMT, DDS, Raidou games, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and the most popular one; Persona. It's much bigger than you believe.
I know, otherwise I'd have said 'the highest'

Khoru

Smash Champion
oh yeah i meant megaten when i said smt, given it usually prefaces the western releases
i know how many games there are

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
oh yeah i meant megaten when i said smt, given it usually prefaces the western releases
i know how many games there are
I know, I blame Atlus USA for that. They always put the sub series with SMT despite having nothing in common besides demons and monsters.

I think SMTxFE suffered that same fate considering the game is being worked on by the DeSu team

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Alph / Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Koopalings

etc.
For a more extreme, non-existent example, Peach / Daisy, or Meta Knight / Galacta Knight.
Those are alts, I thought you meant like fighting styles like what Mortal Kombat X has.

Like this:
:4mario:
Normal
FLUUD-less Mario
Fire Mario (All moves has a fire effect from his Up-B and Side-B)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Those are alts, I thought you meant like fighting styles like what Mortal Kombat X has.

Like this:
Normal
FLUUD-less Mario
I tried making something like that once. Turned out I had a lot of rouble thinking of ONE variation for certain characters.

D

Deleted member

I both like and dislike the idea of alts
In one hand we got cool stuff like Robin, the Koopalings, Little Mac, etc
In the other, we get Alph and stupid fans saying character X should just be an alt("Roy should be a Marth skin and Lucas should be a Ness one and...")

Like this:
Normal
FLUUD-less Mario
Yo, that would be actually cool
I want my Ice Beam Samus

Geno Boost

Smash Master
He's owned by the clingiest company in the gaming industry. The fact he's owned by them means he's third party. 'muh Ninty' No. Superstar Saga showed he was owned by SE. Don't start an argument about this, you were unsure whether Geno counts as third party. He does
Send a massage to square Enix by yourself and tell them who owns him if they told you "he is owned by both Nintendo and square Enix" then I am right

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I tried making something like that once. Turned out I had a lot of rouble thinking of ONE variation for certain characters.
Ehh. I think Custom moves have that effect but balance around them and fix some of the jank.

Like giving :4sonic: moveset based off the elemental shields, :4dk: specials all have super armor but comes out super slow in return and giving :4charizard: more fire based moves like Overheat

Khoru

Smash Champion
Send a massage to square Enix by yourself and tell them who owns him if they told you "he is owned by both Nintendo and square Enix" then I am right
customer service reps are a less reliable source than credits here

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't understand why I'm the only one who likes the idea of variation fighters in Smash Bros.
It seems like a neat concept.
I'm a stickler for authenticity, so shoe-horning vaguely appropriate characters into the movesets of other characters doesn't do them justice. Our current Smash movesets are almost all fine tuned to represent the character. So even a character like Alph is completely inappropriate in Olimar's moveset.

If a character is worthy, it should be no less than a Doc/Pittoo/Lucy level clone.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros

Like this:
Normal
FLUUD-less Mario
This has been what I've wanting since I saw MKX introduce the concept. I think Sakurai might have considered this when he added "Custom Moves". Since the customs have actually garnered a positive response, I hope the gimmick in the next Smash game is variations. It would be an easy way to possibly triple the roster without having to have 150 characters. Having 3 totally different variations/playstyles for each character would be insane. I guess the only true issue would be balancing. Netherrealms has pretty much given up trying to balance (competitively) all the variations in MKX, but it's still fun to see all of them.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, what's going o-*sees geno discussion happening*

I can also send a pedicure to them if you want me to. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Quick update on my Nuzlocke:
Killed my Route 10 catch. A Snubull
No regrets

D

Deleted member

I know I'm late to the party, but fifteen third party characters seems like too much to me. I'll stick with my top three in no particular order.
  1. :4megaman:
  2. :4sonic:
  3. Simon Belmont

D

Deleted member

Wonder why Square doesn't use Geno, though? I know he was in a Mario game, but I find it odd they don't tend to use characters and such from Mario RPG in their cameos. Probably out of respect for Nintendo I suppose. Or maybe as stated earlier he is owned by both.

Either way, I'd like someone to send me a "massage" as my back is killing me. (jk)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
you didnt even try to send it...
Because PR/Customer Service is a terrible source for information. Why don't you understand this?
Did you not learn from various events last year where Nintendo reps said stuff about Kraid in Smash Run when he actually wasn't?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Geno Boost Geno Boost we went through this

Square-Enix owns EVERYTHING Super Mario RPG related. The only thing they don't own is already established Mario characters :4mario::4peach::4bowser:

It's not like Rare where they had a hand in designing the characters but Nintendo owns them all with :4dk: but to the point where Nintendo has to make a deal to get any of those characters back and if they only got him back for SS for a cameo but not even a spot in Fortune Street nor Mario Hoops 2 on 3, they see him as low priority.

Does that mean he has no chance in Smash, nope. But you gotta understand that Nintendo doesn't have any rights toward any original character in Mario RPG

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well since everyone else did it. Let me try thinking of 15 3rd Parties.
1. :4sonic:
2. Tails
3. :4megaman:
4. :4ryu:
5. :4pacman:
6. Nightmare (or Yoshimitsu idk)
7. Rayman
8. Shantae
9. Bomberman
10. :snake:
Actually you know what, that looks fine enough for me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Trying to decide on an old avatar to use again. I'm going to stick with it for a long time so I have to choose wisely.
Narrowed it down to these three...
eTKqoMA.jpg
X5GwVmR.jpg
r3e0nVO.jpg
Hm...
I wonder which one this thread mostly knows me for...

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So I have been wondering about this for a bit and I am curious to know your guys thoughts on it.
We don't know how many more DLC characters we have left so I shall leave that up to your own decision in this question.
Assuming we get more characters from the same series that are already in smash like Dixie or K Rool.
Do you think these characters will be accompanied by a brand new stage too or even possibly a retuning stage?
Like-wise this goes for new single series like Isaac with Golden Sun or Andy/ Sami from advance Wars. I am more than certain they will get a stage if Ryu is anything to go by.
This also lead me to the likes of third parties from either Sega/ Namco or a new 3rd party company.
For instance if either of these two got in for Sega:

Would they get a stage or would they go specifically without seeing how Sonic already has two.
Just curious to know where you all stand on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom