• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My wrong doings?

Because posting a meme twice on the same page is the equivalent of a terrorist attack. Meanwhile, posting gifs everywhere totally doesn't lag the page.

Also, your image insult is broken.

And quite frankly, your Christmas parties are boring anyway.
Yo...there's a huge difference in the constant stream of ''Straight Outta" memes you posted over the past two days...and the usage of gifs I maybe do once or twice every other day. They're are literally a bunch of posts of mine without a gif in them daily.

Also acting tour de force Whoopi Goldberg lying dead on the floor at the inability to can isn't really an insult. It's more of a ''I can't really believe you had to throw someone under the bus at all." instead of just moving on and doing as the mods said.

Jokes on you. I don't even host Christmas parties.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I just tagged Roger on the last page.

SPAM!!!

Speaking of Roger.

My wrong doings?

Because posting a meme twice on the same page is the equivalent of a terrorist attack. Meanwhile, posting gifs everywhere totally doesn't lag the page.

Also, your image insult is broken.

And quite frankly, your Christmas parties are boring anyway.
I advise you to quit while you're ahead. It's over, move on and let it go and don't try to create conflict. The verbal warning did not apply to just you but to everyone.

Yo...there's a huge difference in the constant stream of ''Straight Outta" memes you posted over the past two days...and the usage of gifs I maybe do once or twice every other day. They're are literally thousands (maybe not that many) of posts of mine without a gif in them daily.

Also acting tour de force Whoopi Goldberg lying dead on the floor at the inability to can isn't really an insult. It's more of a ''I can't really believe you had to throw someone under the bus at all." instead of just moving on and doing as the mods said.

Jokes on you. I don't even host Christmas parties.
and Roger, don't let him rile you. You're aware of your posting habits and if you believe they're fine then there's no need to defend yourself.

Now, let's all drop the subject and just move on with our nights.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He's not riled me. I'm just not one to get the finger wagged at and not get to speak up on it is all. I wasn't here to defend myself so it was just something of a low blow is all.

I've said what I wanted to say to him and I won't pursue it anymore.

Case closed.

Neo Zero

I hate it when my attempts to a lighter subject fail horrible.
Of course, ironically I basically initiated the conversation with a gif...
Oh I liked it. I just wish it had a nicer look than the simpler sprites, but I certainly understand why it's like that. Besides, Gameplay>Graphics.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate it when my attempts to a lighter subject fail horrible.
Of course, ironically I basically initiated the conversation with a gif...
No, you made a valiant effort.

I should just learn to not have to comment on anytime someone says something about me while I'm not around or whatever. It's just a flaw of mine. I'm too damn vocal for my own good.

So about that Rivals of Aether? Pretty nifty looking. Just checked out it's website.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Rivals of Aether looks great. I have high hopes for it, and the developers seem to be really targeting the hardcore, competitive Melee crowd. Hope they can deliver to what everyone's expectations are.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I hope if Rivals of Aether becomes a success they could make a bigger budget sequel with higher quality, 3D cel-shaded visuals.
Like BlazBlue iirc. That would be hype.

No, you made a valiant effort.
I should just learn to not have to comment on anytime someone says something about me while I'm not around or whatever. It's just a flaw of mine. I'm too damn vocal for my own good.
Like...I just did? Lol. I'm taking advantage of your weaknesses, Roger. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just can't seem to find interest in Rivals of Aether.

I want to cuz it sounds amazing and the characters look sweet.

But... the game itself just looks blegh to me.

Can't really explain it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had heard about it but didn't know it was a Smash type fighting game.

To be honest the title doesn't scream Smash style fighting game.

I thought it was like a fan made JRPG. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just can't seem to find interest in Rivals of Aether.
I want to cuz it sounds amazing and the characters look sweet.
But... the game itself just looks blegh to me.
Can't really explain it.
That's understandable. Despite looking like a fun game it lacks some of the audio and visual cues that make Smash feel so responsive.
The red gradient on the percentages, the crowd chanting/gasping, character voices, the "red lightning" when you land a killing blow, among other things.
All this adds to make the game feel unpolished for some.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You don't have to warn us, Roger. We all know it's coming.:rolleyes:
I'm going to bed, but please PM me, and I will answer it tomorrow because I feel as if you have some sort of unreleased feelings or beef with me, as is this stuff is just out of nowhere. I'm floored and puzzled because..

You seem to want to fight. We barely have interacted before tonight and you seem to be firing all cylinders at me and want to fight.

And I'm not here for that. I'm not even trying to argue with anyone anymore (including @Burb) as the thread has had enough in fighting as is.

I'd rather you'd just tell me where all of this is coming from than we continue to throw petty little childish shots at one another.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Looking back my opinion on SSF2 from earlier.

It's the best looking Smash Bros fangame but that isn't saying much though.
I kind of take it back. I forgot about Super Smash Land. Despite it being Game Boy styled (limitations broken aside), I feel this one is a better looking Smash Bros fangame. SSL has a generally more coherent and consistent presentation. The background and characters fits in very well and nothing feels out of place. It's been a while since I last seen the game but I did like the sprite work a lot there, even though it's simple. But simplicity doesn't mean bad.

Rivals of Ather however, is the best looking Smash Bros fangame, if it qualifies as one. The sprite work has a lot of polish and the level backgrounds are nicely detailed and a joy to look at. I have very few complaints about the visuals, but even the game in motion looks pretty nicely animated. It has a really good balance there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Looking back my opinion on SSF2 from earlier.

I kind of take it back. I forgot about Super Smash Land. Despite it being Game Boy styled (limitations broken aside), I feel this one is a better looking Smash Bros fangame. SSL has a generally more coherent and consistent presentation. The background and characters fits in very well and nothing feels out of place. It's been a while since I last seen the game but I did like the sprite work a lot there, even though it's simple. But simplicity doesn't mean bad.

Rivals of Ather however, is the best looking Smash Bros fangame, if it qualifies as one. The sprite work has a lot of polish and the level backgrounds are nicely detailed and a joy to look at. I have very few complaints about the visuals, but even the game in motion looks pretty nicely animated. It has a really good balance there.
Well, incidentally the people who made Rivals of Aether also made Super Smash Land.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I never really liked SSL tbh.
Yeah. It wasn't a great game, but it was a nice little time waster to me. But I can easily see why many don't really care for it.

It was a little too simplistic for a fighting game to get hooked on, given its nature. Looking back though, it feels like it was more or less of a prototype for RoA

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Greetings, Nintendroids. I am the Wayward Stranger from the Cosmos looking for something of interest! Has transpired within these past few pages?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, Super Smash Flash 2 doesn't look professional at all, for numerous reasons.
It has very choppy animation, the sprites are mismatched and lack cohesion, the game uses a mix of sprites and vectors which looks bad, and sprites are frequently stretched and distorted in lieu of proper animation.
Not to mention a lot of missing animations.

The Smash Flash 2 devs unfortunately should have switched engines a long time ago, IMO.

Rivals of Aether seems to have none of these problems, which is why it impressed me.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Greetings, Nintendroids. I am the Wayward Stranger from the Cosmos looking for something of interest! Has transpired within these past few pages?
Dry #Straightoutta meme shenanigans, Super Smash Flash 2 "Why were Anime characters included before Luigi was" shenanigans and other things I forget.

Honestly, Super Smash Flash 2 doesn't look professional at all, for numerous reasons.
It has very choppy animation, the sprites are mismatched and lack cohesion, the game uses a mix of sprites and vectors which looks bad, and sprites are frequently stretched and distorted in lieu of proper animation.
Not to mention a lot of missing animations.

The Smash Flash 2 devs unfortunately should have switched engines a long time ago, IMO.

Rivals of Aether seems to have none of these problems, which is why it impressed me.
Then it wouldn't be Super Smash Flash 2 anymore :ohwell:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Dry #Straightoutta meme shenanigans, Super Smash Flash 2 "Why were Anime characters included before Luigi was" shenanigans and other things I forget.

Then it wouldn't be Super Smash Flash anymore :ohwell:
So the usual?

But yeah, I'm more interested in RoA due to its more polished sprites. SSF2's sprites look inconsistent during certain frames and the colors are so dull.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , what are you playing now that you've beat Harmoknight?

Which is great btw.
I've finally gotten around to playing Bayonetta. It's pretty great.

And as I said before.

Harmoknight started out great but for me, it got worse as it went on.

Neo Zero

And as I said before.

Nintenzone Social Thread: Swamp appreciates Bayonetta's "Graphics"

The art direction is really cool though seriously.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

And as I said before.

I've played Bayonetta recently. Pretty good. I've got Bayo 2 that I need to give a go. Supposed to be a vast improvement, and the 1st is good already.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Which design of Bayonetta do you think is better? Personally, I vastly prefer her original look. Way cooler.

Also, I was looking for some of my old avatars in my Imgur gallery and I found...this...

I...I made this. This was made by me.

Khoru

Smash Champion
if you had to choose 15 3rd party characters in your own smash game who would they be?
  1. Snake
  2. Simon
  3. Bomberman
  4. Sonic
  5. Tails
  6. Mega Man
  7. Ryu
  8. Pac-Man
  9. Rayman
  10. Black Mage
  11. Ryu Hayabusa
  12. Banjo & Kazooie