• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So I have been wondering about this for a bit and I am curious to know your guys thoughts on it.
We don't know how many more DLC characters we have left so I shall leave that up to your own decision in this question.
Assuming we get more characters from the same series that are already in smash like Dixie or K Rool.
Do you think these characters will be accompanied by a brand new stage too or even possibly a retuning stage?
Like-wise this goes for new single series like Isaac with Golden Sun or Andy/ Sami from advance Wars. I am more than certain they will get a stage if Ryu is anything to go by.
This also lead me to the likes of third parties from either Sega/ Namco or a new 3rd party company.
For instance if either of these two got in for Sega:

Would they get a stage or would they go specifically without seeing how Sonic already has two.
Just curious to know where you all stand on this.
I think that characters from brand new series are guaranteed to get a new stage, at least. Although Isaac's kind of in a weird situation since two songs from his games are on two different stages. Rhythm Heaven characters too.

Characters from existing franchises probably won't get a new stage.

Last edited:
I see a budding geno argument. Keep it positive kthnx

Alts are great and i want more of them.
Chrom for example

had a dream about a game called Nintendo VS All. it was a capcom VS kind of deal but with a multiple companies including Komani, Capcom, Sega, and even microsoft for Banjo.

Woke up extremely dissapointed it wasn't real :/

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Because PR/Customer Service is a terrible source for information. Why don't you understand this?
Did you not learn from various events last year where Nintendo reps said stuff about Kraid in Smash Run when he actually wasn't?
When did they said this?
@ Geno Boost Geno Boost we went through this

Square-Enix owns EVERYTHING Super Mario RPG related. The only thing they don't own is already established Mario characters :4mario::4peach::4bowser:

It's not like Rare where they had a hand in designing the characters but Nintendo owns them all with :4dk: but to the point where Nintendo has to make a deal to get any of those characters back and if they only got him back for SS for a cameo but not even a spot in Fortune Street nor Mario Hoops 2 on 3, they see him as low priority.

Does that mean he has no chance in Smash, nope. But you gotta understand that Nintendo doesn't have any rights toward any original character in Mario RPG
square Enix said "to get him in a game both company must agree as usually" wich means Nintendo can't use geno without square Enix, and square Enix can't use Geno without Nintendo, both company have the same hand on the SMRPG characters

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To me, I actually want for Sakurai to give franchises who couldn't get reps a stage atleast in return.

I would be fine if Rhythm Heaven and Advance Wars got only just a stage but did that stage justice with how it is represented and the music for that stage.

Hell a Splatoon and Xenoblade X stage would be great and you don't have to add characters for them until Smash 5/NX

Chrono.

To me, I actually want for Sakurai to give franchises who couldn't get reps a stage atleast in return.

I would be fine if Rhythm Heaven and Advance Wars got only just a stage but did that stage justice with how it is represented and the music for that stage.

Hell a Splatoon and Xenoblade X stage would be great and you don't have to add characters for them until Smash 5/NX
I wouldn't mind an XCX stage especially since it'd have that delicious Hiroyuki Sawano goodness.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When did they said this?

square Enix said "to get him in a game both company must agree as usually" wich means Nintendo can't use geno without square Enix, and square Enix can't use Geno without Nintendo, both company have the same hand on the SMRPG characters
What the **** are you on about? You literally JUST said SE needs to approve it, and you are arguing that Geno DOESN'T count as a third party character?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'd comment on the copyright discussion, but if last time was any indicator, Swampasaur and Roger Smith would interpret it as an out of the blue bullying assault 100% instigated by me and scold me even though it's been going on for two pages now.

:awesome:

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Representatives aren't reliable sources for information.
He didn't know the name he meant kritter there design looked similar it's not because he doesn't know it's because the 3ds version graphics is bad for him to see the character clearly
What the **** are you on about? You literally JUST said SE needs to approve it, and you are arguing that Geno DOESN'T count as a third party character?
Maybe but I am not 100% sure yet I am still waiting for a clear information from the whole company that clearly knows

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'd comment on the copyright discussion, but if last time was any indicator, Swampasaur and Roger Smith would interpret it as an out of the blue bullying assault 100% instigated by me and scold me even though it's been going on for two pages now.
Burn, nobody is stopping you from saying something. Just don't be a **** about it.

Don't need to make drama out of something unnecessary like copyright discussion over freaking Geno of all people.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burn, nobody is stopping you from saying something. Just don't be a **** about it.

Don't need to make drama out of something unnecessary like copyright discussion over freaking Geno of all people.
I'm referencing the last discussion, where Geno Boost said that Deviantart search results proved Geno is more popular than K. Rool. In an argument about Geno that had been going on for a good page or two without me. I made a pretty civil response explaining how Deviantart's search system aren't an accurate way to gauge character popularity. The response was that I was being a bully and an instigator and that I needed to "drop it" even though it was the first response I made in that particular discussion.

Thanks for proving my point, though. I make a post lamenting how people always assume I'm out to instigate or be a jerk without even checking to see what's going on, and you go and do just that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
15 third parties huh? Let me reach..

1. Sonic
2. Tails
3. Mega Man
4. Pac Man
5. Ryu
6. Bomberman
7. Black Mage
8. Professor Layton
9. Maxwell
10. Phoenix Wright

And now I'm reaching into either, eh I want you but you're impossible or you're someone I wouldn't mind and you're iconic, but you're not necessary area.

11. Solid Snake
12. Simon Belmont
13. Banjo and Kazooie
14. Sora
15. Rayman

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'm referencing the last discussion, where Geno Boost said that Deviantart search results proved Geno is more popular than K. Rool. In an argument about Geno that had been going on for a good page or two without me.

I made a pretty civil response explaining how Deviantart's search system aren't an accurate way to gauge character popularity.

The response was that I was being a bully and an instigator.
I never said he was more popular I only said he is more wanted there

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone light a fire or release the termites...

I'm so done with this conversation and I'm pretty sympathetic when it comes to Geno because of friends off the board that actually want him.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm referencing the last discussion, where Geno Boost said that Deviantart search results proved Geno is more popular than K. Rool on DeviantArt. In an argument about Geno that had been going on for a good page or two without me. I made a pretty civil response explaining how Deviantart's search system aren't an accurate way to gauge character popularity. The response was that I was being a bully and an instigator and that I needed to "drop it" even though it was the first response I made in that particular discussion.

Thanks for proving my point, though. I make a post lamenting how people always assume I'm out to instigate or be a jerk without even checking to see what's going on, and you go and do just that.
There, I fixed it. Better now?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly I wish the Geno arguments would just stop.

I swear there must be 20 something pages related to this character on this thread.

D

Deleted member

anyone able to catch me up? why is everyone listing 15 3rd party characters?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm referencing the last discussion, where Geno Boost said that Deviantart search results proved Geno is more popular than K. Rool. In an argument about Geno that had been going on for a good page or two without me. I made a pretty civil response explaining how Deviantart's search system aren't an accurate way to gauge character popularity. The response was that I was being a bully and an instigator and that I needed to "drop it" even though it was the first response I made in that particular discussion.

I ain't making you sound like a villain but that's how it is here, people are very sensitive and you gotta be wary and not try to step on any toes while doing so.

You gotta remember, Geno Boost is 15, he doesn't know any better when it comes to this stuff but we shouldn't chastised him for being so.

I never said you act that way and I'm always on your side.

All I meant was you can say whatever you want and if someone thinks you're being mean I'll help you out and I can see if that's the case, I'm just saying don't be an a-hole about it. I never meant it as a call out on your regards

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He didn't know the name he meant kritter there design looked similar it's not because he doesn't know it's because the 3ds version graphics is bad for him to see the character clearly

Maybe but I am not 100% sure yet I am still waiting for a clear information from the whole company that clearly knows
Dude, that has absolutely nothing to do with Kraid, he said a muscular Kremling, like Krusha or something

Yes, because the credits of an official Nintendo game aren't clear enough when they say 'Geno ia SE'

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm just saying don't be an a-hole about it. I never meant it as a call out on your regards
And that's the issue.

The incident I'm referring to was one where I wasn't being mean at all. I know I can be a jerk, and I do deserve to get called out on it when it actually happens.

But it also happens when I post in a civil manner, too, because people like to jump to conclusions.

Here's the post in question: http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...knight-was-dumb.405399/page-511#post-19764871

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I ain't making you sound like a villain but that's how it is here, people are very sensitive and you gotta be wary and not try to step on any toes while doing so.

You gotta remember, Geno Boost is 15, he doesn't know any better when it comes to this stuff but we shouldn't chastised him for being so.

I never said you act that way and I'm always on your side.

All I meant was you can say whatever you want and if someone thinks you're being mean I'll help you out and I can see if that's the case, I'm just saying don't be an a-hole about it. I never meant it as a call out on your regards
bro i'm 15 and i understand what's a 3rd party and what's not a 3rd party.And what can be used as resources and what cant.Geno boost doesn't want to listen to reason.You saw him literally gloss over your explanation and just answer send them a email.At this point Geno been beaten to death and i'm sure all of us are sick of it.We should all just ignore the subject for a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think mostly because people started calling you out more before that post @ Burb Burb ?

So they're on careful watch to just keep you from saying or doing something that will get you banned dude.

I don't think anyone is going after Burb and the way he words things because they want to chase him away or make him look bad.

I see it as us giving you some tough love and going ''Now Burb, he ain't hurting nobody."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom