• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
At least PAC-LAND has that Block Town remix going for it.
All three remixes are great, really.

And then you realize there's no Pac-Man World 2 music. Or, you know... an actual Pac-Land remix for the PAC-LAND STAGE.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Burb

The Absolute Worst
As Bae pointed out, Miiverse. Not to mention Shantae actually has a cult following in Japan what I saw, when Risky's Revenge got delayed, people freaked out
Actually, Shantae's following is virtually non-existent in Japan. She has no Smash support over there.

It's one of the many reasons she has absolutely no realistic chance whatsoever of getting into Smash.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Poke Floats always sucked. Nostalgia is blinding you. ****ing Squirtle screwing me over.

That stage has the best music but the stage can eat a sack of nails. Especially with Brawl and tripping AKA instant death

Pac-Man's Park is the best remix ever
How do you know Squirtle wasn't trying to help you out, hmm?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, Shantae's following is virtually non-existent in Japan. She has no Smash support over there.

It's one of the many reasons she has absolutely no realistic chance whatsoever of getting into Smash.
Again, Risky's Revenge. I also didn't mean smash demand, as she's not too popular to begin with.

Also, Sugimori likes Shantae iirc

Strofirko

Smash Master
People only dislikes the stage,because they dislike the game where it came from,be honest peeps,if it was magicant 2.0 you would be dealing with the flying man with no problems.:dazwa:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Again, Risky's Revenge. I also didn't mean smash demand, as she's not too popular to begin with.

Also, Sugimori likes Shantae iirc
A couple people being upset over Risky's Revenge doesn't equal popularity or demand. You can find people who genuinely care about the most obscure games imaginable.

To be perfectly honest, supporting Shantae and supporting Geno aren't all that different. She's more likely than him, yeah, but she's only about a rung above him on the ladder.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A couple people being upset over Risky's Revenge doesn't equal popularity or demand. You can find people who genuinely care about the most obscure games imaginable.

To be perfectly honest, supporting Shantae and supporting Geno aren't all that different. She's more likely than him, yeah, but she's only about a rung above him on the ladder.
I know she's not too popular, but I wanted to call Boost out on his 'Japan doesn't know her'

I disagree, 3 rungs personally, she's the only third party Nintendo advertised the eshop with iirc

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's the Sakurai and NEss thing everyone is talking about. Sorry to repeat myself but I got a sudden case of question at the bottom of last page-itis

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I know she's not too popular, but I wanted to call Boost out on his 'Japan doesn't know her'

I disagree, 3 rungs personally, she's the only third party Nintendo advertised the eshop with iirc
Boost was right, though. Shantae is virtually unknown in Japan. Hell, she's virtually unknown everywhere. There's no casual Shantae fanbase. It's all hardcore gamers.

Appearing on a Nintendo of Europe pamphlet for the eShop is virtually meaningless. It's an ad. They're trying to get people to buy the game, not induct Shantae into some sort of "MOST POPULAR NINTENDO CHARACTERS" club.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I never said Geno is too important for sports game why do you come up with these things? I only said reviving him in a sport game is worse than reviving him in fighting/squel/remake game
Bull****, I have TWO sources showing otherwise, a character thread and your YT channel
What's the Sakurai and NEss thing everyone is talking about. Sorry to repeat myself but I got a sudden case of question at the bottom of last page-itis
Some rumour about Ness getting nerfed because Sakurai lost against a Ness

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People only dislikes the stage,because they dislike the game where it came from,be honest peeps,if it was magicant 2.0 you would be dealing with the flying man with no problems.:dazwa:
Great Cave Offensive is from the greatest Kirby game of all time and it's stage is the most hated along with Pac-Land

Boost was right, though. Shantae is virtually unknown in Japan. Hell, she's virtually unknown everywhere. There's no casual Shantae fanbase. It's all hardcore gamers.

Appearing on a Nintendo of Europe pamphlet for the eShop is virtually meaningless. It's an ad. They're trying to get people to buy the game, not induct Shantae into some sort of "MOST POPULAR NINTENDO CHARACTERS" club.
Tell that to Shovel Knight fans

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No matter what happens with Pac-Land, it'll never be worst than Hanabow, Rumble Falls, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Flat Zone 2, Paper Mario stage and the 3 overall worst stages in Poke Floats, Big Blue and Mushroomy Kingdom
I hate Pac-Land and love every single one of the stages you just listed.
Especially Poke Floats and Big Blue. :C

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I wasn't talking about Smash but general advertisement
Show me from one of the threads on smashboards because I don't believe you that I said "Geno is too important for sport game"
That 'Name any dumb request' thread, I'd link it, but I'm on a gamepad

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No offense.

But seeing someone's account based around Geno, and their entire support being with Geno...

Then having them mention that they've never played Mario RPG is one of the funniest things I've ever read on these boards

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about Smash but general advertisement

That 'Name any dumb request' thread, I'd link it, but I'm on a gamepad
Hahahah no. try to find the part where I said "Geno is too important for sport game"
No offense.

But seeing someone's account based around Geno, and their entire support being with Geno...

Then having them mention that they've never played Mario RPG is one of the funniest things I've ever read on these boards
I know who is Geno and his story but never played SMRPG because I didn't have a chance to play it

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom