• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
After Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle ended up being on both versions, does anyone else think it's a pretty safe assumption that all stage DLC will be shared?

Excluding Miiverse, of course, since it was part of a free update.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
After Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle ended up being on both versions, does anyone else think it's a pretty safe assumption that all stage DLC will be shared?

See no reason why it wouldn't be didn't sakurai say something along the lines of both games sharing the same content so 3ds/wii u owners dont feel cheated if one system has more content?I'm pretty sure DLC would go that way as well so one system owner wont feel cheated at the exculsive DLC(will in terms of stages and characters anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think that there is no doubt that every DLC stage will be shared, which is a shame since I don't think certain past stages will ever make it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
See no reason why it wouldn't be sakurai didn't sakurai say something along the lines of both games sharing the same content so 3ds/wii u dont feel cheated?I'm pretty DLC would go that way as well
I thought that was his comment about characters.

I think that there is no doubt that every DLC stage will be shared, which is a shame since I don't think certain past stages will ever make it.
I think all the N64 ones and most of the Melee ones would be safe.

It's just a lot of the Brawl ones that I think would cause issues; and personally, I don't think we really need anymore Brawl stages since we've already got a ton of them.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
See no reason why it wouldn't be didn't sakurai say something along the lines of both games sharing the same content so 3ds/wii u owners dont feel cheated if one system has more content?I'm pretty sure DLC would go that way as well so one system owner wont feel cheated at the exculsive DLC(will in terms of stages and characters anyway)

This is pretty obvious that we'll get stages that would easily work on the 3DS. So any Melee stage people can predict has to be atleast static or atleast something that won't crap up the 3DS like Great Bay, Kongo Jungle and Yoshi's Story

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
That was characters specifically.
Hence the lack of :icsmelee:
But I do feel they will all be shared between both versions as they would both coincide with one another.
Which is also why I believe New Pork is possibly out of the question.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Yup. They want to sell DLC with the option to buy on both platforms. I suppose it might be possible to see a Gaur plains situation, were a stage is somewhat different across versions. Something like Classic New Pork coming to Wii U and having a small section of the stage made into it's own stage for 3DS.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I was thinking the exact same thing.

This is just cult status for Geno
Well, it certainly explains some of the things he's said in the debates I've had with him.

Like how he kept saying that the story of SMRPG was centered around Geno, even though the party was already gathering the Star Pieces and had reason to want to stop Smithy before Geno entered the picture.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Well, it certainly explains some of the things he's said in the debates I've had with him.

Like how he kept saying that the story of SMRPG was centered around Geno, even though the party was already gathering the Star Pieces and had reason to want to stop Smithy before Geno entered the picture.
I already know half of the story, mostly about Geno part

I was thinking the exact same thing.

This is just cult status for Geno
No you did go way far away
I saw Geno for the first time in 2011 on the internet so I wanted to understand why do people like him a lot so I searched about him and blah blah and liked this guy he was special in Mario universe but I didn't want to search everything about SMRPG because I wanted to keep something's in a spoiler until I play the game by myself, however I was trying to buy SMRPG in 2012 on my wii but I didn't trust Nintendo I thought they wants to steal money so the year has passed until I changed my mind after starting buying DLC so I am hyped to play the game that I wanted now, being released after 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
No you did go way far away
I saw Geno for the first time in 2011 on the internet so I wanted to understand why do people like him a lot so I searched about him and blah blah and liked this guy he was special in Mario universe, however I was trying to buy SMRPG in 2012 on my wii but I didn't trust Nintendo I thought they wants to steal money so the year has passed until I changed my mind after starting buying DLC so I am hyped to play the game that I wanted now, being released after 2 days
Still see no reason why youre such a huge advocate of Geno when you havent played the only game he has ever been in.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'd recommend switching topics before it turns into a fight. Geno Boost just likes Geno. I'd agree that he shouldn't argue about him without full knowledge, but there's nothing wrong with him supporting a character based off stuff he's seen from the internet, he has every right.

D

Deleted member

So I'm taking a picture of this funny Miiverse post on the Miiverse stage,

and it turns out right when I paused, Wario is laying down just like in the post. lol

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just heard that they may be adding more titles as DLC for Rare Replay. I hope they add Grunty's Revenge and Banjo Pilot. I'd love to have all the Banjo games in one collection.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So apparently, there was a podcast that interviews a Nintendo Treehouse employee. He mentions some interesting things as well as talks about Sakurai for a while. I haven't listen to it yet, but I will probably listen to it in a little bit.
Sauce: (http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1089429)
EDIT: The website hosting the podcast is down for some reason, but people are talking about it in the thread. Apparently, Sakurai has made some very weird/controversial decisions according to the treehouse.
upload_2015-8-4_11-38-21.png

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is gonna be a tricky point to get across... After Ryu and Roy and the recent mii cosutmes I've stopped seeking particular characters to be in the game, rather now I'm seeking the surprise of who it could be. That way I'm not bummed out if a favourite doesn't get in and am instead excited by what comes next.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems like Microsoft if bringing Rare back in force, or at least their properties. I wonder if Yukka laylee had anything to do with it or if it's just co-incidence.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Here's gameplay of Rash.

... I know guest characters can get bizarre, but this? This is a whole different level.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I... What? That's just bizarre.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Everyone's talking about Rash in Killer Instinct whilst I'm sitting here hyped for Halo Wars 2.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So apparently, there was a podcast that interviews a Nintendo Treehouse employee. He mentions some interesting things as well as talks about Sakurai for a while. I haven't listen to it yet, but I will probably listen to it in a little bit.
Sauce: (http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1089429)
EDIT: The website hosting the podcast is down for some reason, but people are talking about it in the thread. Apparently, Sakurai has made some very weird/controversial decisions according to the treehouse.
View attachment 66030
Sakurai should learn: Don't mess with Ness :4ness:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think it fits. Both were at one point developed by Rare after all, so it's not too out of the ballpark. Besides, this could open up a few new opportunities. Like a re-release, or a new game (he says while grasping straws).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Rash definitely would feel more at home in the old KI games. They were goofier than the new one, which went in a more serious direction.

what

That is such a bizarre pose. It looks like he's taking a dump on an invisible toilet.
I think that's a costume hack for Dedede. Which would explain the dump pose.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Can any of these people take a proper freaking picture? Seriously, it's like these guys have no idea what a camera is.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Can any of these people take a proper freaking picture? Seriously, it's like these guys have no idea what a camera is.
They are trying to cover up the fact that their leaks are bad.

Camera angle is probably a big reason why the Dr. Mario Stage renders were around for so long. It actually had a good angle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom