• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
at least one of them talks later about potential for costumes of volnutt/trigger and models x and zx
so um
i mean i think this is bad for k rool but that seems really presumptuous
I didn't watch the whole thing, only enough to get the gist of what they were saying.

They did at one point say "There are Mega Man and Link costumes for the Miis". The only Mega Man costumes for the Miis thus far are X, .EXE, Zero, and Proto Man, none of whom are Mega Man. So it's not like I was just making baseless assumptions or anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One last thing

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'd say this "costume leak" looks totally legit.

If Ganondorf was going to get a "young" alt, why would it be the OoT Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors as opposed to a revival of Melee Ganondorf?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Incidentally, I'm about to start work. Do a leak buster a solid and tag me when more information from the Twitter or w/e comes in.

Ivander

Smash Legend
One last thing

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'd say this "costume leak" looks totally legit.

I'm pretty sure that's Hyrule Warriors OoT costume Ganondorf.
I'd still wish for it to be real, if it meant Alternate costumes for existing characters becoming a reality.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Also, just wanted to point out to you guys that Castlevania has done Pachinko before.

Last time it was based on Castlevania III, so it was the OTHER kind of fan service.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I stand corrected, then! On the part about NOA staying silent, at least.

I don't see where you're getting that the content isn't just Mii Fighters, though. All they said was "stay tuned for more details". Every actual comment I've heard about the unannounced parts of the update specify it's additional Mii Fighter costumes.

In the event there is something unrelated to costumes......I'm guessing it would probably be that Dr. Mario stage, assuming that leak hasn't been killed while I was away. I doubt we'll be seeing any characters in this update.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I seriously do want alternate costumes especially these
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
You know what?

I hate Miiverse.

Here I am busting my butt off to make a comic, and when I post it, the dang thing only gets 6 yeahs. Meanwhile all the popular weeaboos get 1,000,000 yeahs for their text posts.

I'm done.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Green hair supreme

coolest hair color, especially dark green

Speaking of leaks, NoA may be on my tail for this one....Don't ask how I got it guys.

New character and stage.

Will be revealed tommorow.
This is beautiful. I can't wait to play as box man!!!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What the hell happened in here?

Dr. Mario is being torn apart, Push is trying to get senpai to notice him, and Erotic Violence broke out.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If we're getting Wolf, it's it's this update or never, in my opinion. I honestly don't think he's popular enough to make it in on the ballot, but I also don't think that it makes sense to even pick a veteran character from the ballot. That's only if we get a character at all during this update.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I don't even want to sleep now...
Knowing Sakurai, he'll reveal something in 3 hours that freaking screws everything the fanbase thought was definite.
And it'll tear us apart.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What the hell happened in here?

Dr. Mario is being torn apart, Push is trying to get senpai to notice him, and Erotic Violence broke out.
... and is that Archie in your Avatar? What the hell did they do to Archie?!?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
If for w/e reason we didn't that would have to mean there's no balancing being done, otherwise you couldn't play with Japan.

Just give it time though, I'm sure we'll hear something
Time's running out. At around 8AM tomorrow, it'll be 12AM, July 31st, in Japan. That's apparently when the update will be released there.

Edit: Just saw the Facebook post that apparently went up around the same time as the Japanese Twitter account's message. I really wonder why the NoA Twitter account has been silent.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Around what time should we be expecting the reveal of the new Mii costumes? Does anyone know?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
... and is that Archie in your Avatar? What the hell did they do to Archie?!?
That is Archie.

They made him relevant again.

Seriously, the new creative editor brought them into modern times, hired one of comic's best writers to do it, launched a horror imprint that's critically acclaimed, and has both a movie and TV deal in place for Archie.

You say ''WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO ARCHIE?"

But the answer is ''Taught him to be able to stand out in a comic book world obsessed with superheroes again."

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I haven't cared about Archie since I was seven.

Is Betty and Veronica still fighting to see who will jump on his bones

Is Jughead still a Burgersexual

And has Reggie got that stick out of his ass

And modern times can mean a lot of things, bad 70% of the time but you get the idea

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I haven't cared about Archie since I was seven.

Is Betty and Veronica still fighting to see who will jump on his bones

Is Jughead still a Burgersexual

And has Reggie got that stick out of his ***

And modern times can mean a lot of things, bad 70% of the time but you get the idea
Yeah, Betty and Veronica still fight over Archie (the new canon only has one issue so far though and for some reason started with Betty and Archie breaking up over some ''lipstick incident" that all their nosy ass friends want to know about), but now they're also way way more likely to also be friends and laugh off the fight for Archie at times.

I'm behind on Afterlife with Archie, but I think Betty might have died saving Veronica's life, could be wrong though.

Jughead still loves his food.

Reggie is still a ****. He's currenty trying to mack on Betty in the main new canon.

Basically, they have more modern traditional values, but are still wholesome. They support the change in times. Like gay, lesbian, etc. More diversity in the Riverdale population. That sort of thing.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That is Archie.

They made him relevant again.

Seriously, the new creative editor brought them into modern times, hired one of comic's best writers to do it, launched a horror imprint that's critically acclaimed, and has both a movie and TV deal in place for Archie.

You say ''WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO ARCHIE?"

But the answer is ''Taught him to be able to stand out in a comic book world obsessed with superheroes again."
I still don't understand WHY THE HELL DID THEY BRING PREDATOR IN TO KILL EVERYONE! i'm all for reinventing the comc but that's such a dark and uneeded reason to reboot it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still don't understand WHY THE HELL DID THEY BRING PREDATOR IN TO KILL EVERYONE! i'm all for reinventing the comc but that's such a dark and uneeded reason to reboot it.
That was out of canon and just a silly crossover from what I understood. I don't think the old canon died that way...

But more so with...

Archie taking the bullet for Kevin Keller and dying.

But those are things that is getting Archie Comics attention again. The story telling is good on top of daring to be bold at times.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Predator needed a warm up before engaging in Mortal Kombat.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So I'll be asleep by the time the updates released in Japan, I think..
Actually, It's only 1:41PM in Japan right now on the 30th. We won't have until about 10 more hours until it's officially the 31st over there.

Timezones are confusing ain't it lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai is probably storming around the Sora office.

''WIPE THE UPDATE CLEAN. NOT A TRACE OF ANYTHING EXTRA LEFT."

''We can't **** up again, boys."

They'll still **** up again. Watch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Japan should have the update for one day more than the rest of the world right?

Regardless, I expect more Mii costumes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom