• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Gais now that K. Rool (might) be out, that leaves way for the next top choice!1!!

#FreddyIsReady :troll:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
How pretentious to call it the first "real" game console, jeez.

Khoru

Smash Champion
exactly what game consoles have they previously made that are of a tier below "reality"

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
BTW, for those asking: I'm not going to change the thread title without @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's consent. He's a big reason the leaks group is even still around, so I'm not going to abuse my power to circumvent him.

Plus, he's more of a mod than I am. He's my senpai :3.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
BTW, for those asking: I'm not going to change the thread title without @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's consent. He's a big reason the leaks group is even still around, so I'm not going to abuse my power to circumvent him.

I ACTUALLY MATTER! THIS IS AMAZING!

Soembody's got a crush on Swampasaur~:troll:
WAIT NO I TAKE IT BACK!!!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I thought NoA said that there was more stuff being announced later than just costumes
I haven't seen or heard Nintendo of America say anything about the already-revealed costumes, let alone stuff to be announced.

The only word has been from Nintendo of Japan, who I'm pretty sure specified that it's more costumes.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

I was actually going to edit it back when the EVo watching joke was current, but I forgot and it was changed before I could lol.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I haven't seen or heard Nintendo of America say anything about the already-revealed costumes, let alone stuff to be announced.

The only word has been from Nintendo of Japan, who I'm pretty sure specified that it's more costumes.
I'm starting to think the US might not get the update right away. That's very odd and extremely disappointing.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Pac-Man would like to have a word with you.
Why would he want a word with us?

He wasn't confirmed via Twitter, he was confirmed via a closed door event. The trailer was posted on Youtube immediately after said event.

The only reason he popped up on Twitter first was because people attending the meeting tweeted about it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm starting to think the US might not get the update right away. That's very odd and extremely disappointing.
It's been confirmed for 31/7 for Europe and Aus. Cant see the US missing out.

Pac-Man would like to have a word with you.
There's always one...

To be fair, that was during the E3 timeframe and was announced first to a Q&A.

'You're right though,' Radical Beam grumbles under his breath.

Edit: DW

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If for w/e reason we didn't that would have to mean there's no balancing being done, otherwise you couldn't play with Japan.

Just give it time though, I'm sure we'll hear something

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why would he want a word with us?

He wasn't confirmed via Twitter, he was confirmed via a closed door event. The trailer was posted on Youtube immediately after said event.

The only reason he popped up on Twitter first was because people attending the meeting tweeted about it.
Ooooh noooo guys Burb iz attecking meh and i em triggared!!! Berb u id so rud an bed. :troll:

Pacman's reveal was primarily through Twitter as far as I remember. And even then, newcomers have been revealed in odd ways in the past. (Japanese-Exclusive Direct, Livestream, etc)

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/476547936881369088

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, I'm gonna go catch up on Vinesauce. I'll be occupied for a good 2-3 hours, so I fully expect to return to absolute chaos.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Do you share the same opinions as gamexplain on k rool?
Nope, not at all.

The Meta Knight mask point is every bit as weak and flimsy as it was when it was brought up a thousand times in this thread, and the "There's Mega Man costumes!" line shows that they have no clue what they're even talking about (I don't like the Mega Man series at all, and even I know that X and MegaMan.EXE are not the same character as the Mega Man who's playable in Smash).

Ash came across as pretty delusional when he said he's "still got a really good chance". Even if you don't think it's an outright disconfirmation, to say it does nothing at all to his chances is quite silly to me. Given who the other DLC Mii Fighter costumes represent, it's a blow whether people want to admit it or not.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
One last thing

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'd say this "costume leak" looks totally legit.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ooooh noooo guys Burb iz attecking meh and i em triggared!!! Berb u id so rud an bed. :troll:

Pacman's reveal was primarily through Twitter as far as I remember. And even then, newcomers have been revealed in odd ways in the past. (Japanese-Exclusive Direct, Livestream, etc)

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/476547936881369088
Unneccessary first sentence.

No, it was primarily through Youtube. People in the Round Table; where he was revealed; already knew about him. So I don't see your point here.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think NoA will post everything at once. For some reason they are lagging behind NoJ. Doesn't make sense for the update to be launched at different times unless there's absolutely no balance changes.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
the "There's Mega Man costumes!" line shows that they have no clue what they're even talking about (I don't like the Mega Man series at all, and even I know that X and MegaMan.EXE are not the same character as the Mega Man who's playable in Smash).
at least one of them talks later about potential for costumes of volnutt/trigger and models x and zx
so um
i mean i think this is bad for k rool but that seems really presumptuous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom